MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2018 Edition *Updated (6/27/18)

Options

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yay more wasp in pvp and pve love wasp currently at 289 for me
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    In the last cycle, Red Hulk was between Ant-Man and Miles Morales for Crash of the Titan. Is he skipped for this cycle?
    Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) was after Miles (Spider-Man) last time around, we may get Main Event Hulk before Red Hulk this time around. We'll know for sure tomorrow! 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    axmoss said:
    axmoss said:
    Wasp rewards again ? We just had her rewards for hearts of darkness/apocalypse events
    Ant Man & Wasp comes out next week.
    So why couldn't it be antman then? 
    This event is for the start of the week, no reason it couldn't immediately be followed by Ant-Man for placement (which would have Wasp in progression, featuring both of them).

Though the movie doesn't actually come out until the week after, so who knows?

zodiac339 said:
    Punter1 said:
    Mystique is coming round quick too, is this part of the unannounced Pride theme?  Also strange to get 2 character PVPs in the off season.  
    Yeah, Mystique and Deadpool are due to Pride theme. I think that about does it for available Pride characters?
    Still odd to see two character PVPs in the off season. Shame they couldn't have announced Pride month and what they're doing for it so we could know and be less confused, right?
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dissapointed on regular pvp’s for off-season. Now it’ll look even less like a break..

If going with the ‘secret’ pride theme, could have gone with a new special themed pvp... Missed opportunity. (Just like the whole not being proud of a pride theme............)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does not announcing that the June PvP Season is based on Pride Month rub some players the wrong way? 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Does not announcing that the June PvP Season is based on Pride Month rub some players the wrong way? 
    Quick (serious) question.  Is Pride Month global, or just US?  I know there are a lot of players outside of the US, so maybe it's just not recognized based on other countries/people's culture.  

Other than the holiday season, April Fool's, National Comic Book Day (hey it's a Marvel game after all), there really isn't anything the game "celebrates"; and that's probably done as to not to offend anyone.  

At least they made the effort to sneak this in without it being "official".  

<Quick soapbox comment, when did every month become "something", I seriously don't remember there being so many different observable days/weeks/months growing up... End soapboxing>
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    axmoss said:
    axmoss said:
    Wasp rewards again ? We just had her rewards for hearts of darkness/apocalypse events
    Ant Man & Wasp comes out next week.
    So why couldn't it be antman then? 
    Yea, also cause Antman was recently in HfH so it would make sense to continue the momentum for people who have just acquired him or have him undercovered. 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think having 'months' is a US thing. It is absolutely a full on pride roster on PvP as all characters are gender fluid (Mystique), pansexual (Deadpool), gay (Wiccan) etc.

And as far as soapboxing...
    Sadly in many parts of the world (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, United States), it's either illegal to be openly yourself, it's legal to discriminate against them and/or there's a lot of violence against these groups. As a global game, they can't always openly support causes, but it's definitely appreciated that they would honor these characters.

Maybe one day we'll see Kamala Khan boosted for Ramadan or Nightcrawler for Easter heh
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So this is regular versus tournaments between seasons?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    So this is regular versus tournaments between seasons?
    Makes sense this time - gives people normal MMR for the win based rollout.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nightcrawler purple progression reward - thank you!!!! I have had 3 HfH deals thrown at me for my 0/10 (now 1 saved)/8 Nightcrawler but refused to budge - now I can finally do some bamfing upon getting that!

• Erunner1201
    Erunner1201 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Quick (serious) question.  Is Pride Month global, or just US?  I know there are a lot of players outside of the US, so maybe it's just not recognized based on other countries/people's culture.  

Yes, Pride Month is global.  Events happening in Europe and Asia as well,.
  • Smart80
    Options
    marshall said:
    I think having 'months' is a US thing. It is absolutely a full on pride roster on PvP as all characters are gender fluid (Mystique), pansexual (Deadpool), gay (Wiccan) etc.

And as far as soapboxing...
    Sadly in many parts of the world (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, United States), it's either illegal to be openly yourself, it's legal to discriminate against them and/or there's a lot of violence against these groups. As a global game, they can't always openly support causes, but it's definitely appreciated that they would honor these characters.

Maybe one day we'll see Kamala Khan boosted for Ramadan or Nightcrawler for Easter heh
    I would say that thats all the more reason to be proud as a global company to make a statement. Being afraid of what ignorant people might think of it, is THE reason there is still need for these things..

But maybe im just to used to this being normal, being from The Netherlands...

anyway, back to topic: i want off season to be a little different from normal pvp
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:

anyway, back to topic: i want off season to be a little different from normal pvp
    x100 

So, are BoP, Nefarious Foes, Earth's Mightiest, etc. going the way of Heroics, Gauntlet, 7day events, etc.?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:

x100 

So, are BoP, Nefarious Foes, Earth's Mightiest, etc. going the way of Heroics, Gauntlet, 7day events, etc.?
    I believe the devs decided to run normal PVPs in the off season partly to see how players engage with Hybrid pvp in standard events. In addition, both Mystique and Deadpool fall under Pride month.
  • Smart80
    Options
    What hybrid pvp?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The hybrid rewards with win count or points for progression.
  • Smart80
    Options
    Oh lol, why is nothing about this in the first page of this topic? Not important, or too afraid to share you’ll need 75!!!!! wins for top cp... lmao, 75!!!!!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Oh lol, why is nothing about this in the first page of this topic? Not important, or too afraid to share you’ll need 75!!!!! wins for top cp... lmao, 75!!!!!
    Who cares.
    It's the carrot for the low rosters, we'll still have our CP at 1200.

• Smart80
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Smart80 said:
    Who cares.
    It's the carrot for the low rosters, we'll still have our CP at 1200.

Thanks
    Eventhough this time it wont effect me, i still think it would be nice to have a possible significant change like this to be mentioned... and not just on page1, but i would have mentioned it in the update alert as well...

Probably my own fault, but i dont read every topic on this forum. Hoped this one would deliver me the bullet points.. and its not like nobody been waiting for it, or it would be weirdly out of place here...

also would like to wish good luck to those that werent able to reach top prize before, to get over 30 wins a day on average