Discussion - Patch Preview: R40

Options

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    All in all, the vast majority of accounts are gaining the equivalent currency that they didn't have to spend and running with more powerful characters overall as a result.
  • bimbom wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    All in all, the vast majority of accounts are gaining the equivalent currency that they didn't have to spend and running with more powerful characters overall as a result.

I don't speak for IceIX by any means but I think (if I'm reading that correctly) that you are misunderstanding, bimbo. IceIX said they are
    IceIX wrote:
    ...gaining the equivalent currency that they didn't have to spend ...
    I believe that means with the level round ups, most players are actually gaining additional levels for powers, not a refund of any kind.
  • hogunner wrote:
    I believe that means with the level round ups, most players are actually gaining additional levels for powers, not a refund of any kind.

Yup, that's the way I interpreted it too. It means that most people will benefit from the new patch for their other characters which they have not maxed, but have reached the threshold for it to round up a level.
  • Ok, that is something that was worth 8k hp now will be worth 500 In each game, as always were such changes was returned currency. If here will be otherwise, what I hope will not happen is simply my bad bcs I support unfinished product that's all;]
  • Anyone has any idea when is the new patch going live? i thought it'll go live after the one-week tournament. Otherwise it's a waste of cover to level up abilities now.
  • Yeah i thought that was why i was kicked out of the game after the tourney ended
  • I'm looking forward to the update and I'm sort of holding off on leveling up any of my players to see how it rolls out and everything is affected. Now that I have some two star characters to work with I think I will want to spend my resources on them, but I want to see how everything is affected once the update is released.

Do we have an ETA on when we can expect it? Will there be a heads up here on the forum before it happens or will the application inform us after it has been updated?
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Wow. This looks like a lot of big changes (and I like what I'm seeing icon_e_smile.gif ). Will they be coming all together at once in the same patch? an ETA would be nice too
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    ETA is a general "Soon". It's going through some final contortions after yesterday evening to make sure that everything will remain copacetic once it's switched on. Everything that's in the preview as well as a few extras that we've been able to squeeze in will be a part of R40.
  • preview of the extras, IceIX?

pretty please? PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?
  • What I want to know is will the tournaments continue to be bracket styled or will they revert back to what they used to be
  • IceIX wrote:
    ETA is a general "Soon". It's going through some final contortions after yesterday evening to make sure that everything will remain copacetic once it's switched on. Everything that's in the preview as well as a few extras that we've been able to squeeze in will be a part of R40.

So you're going to rebalance all of the campaigns as well, right? Because eliminating all of the intervening levels means much longer periods between HP and damage increases (for the skills that gain damage at every level, such as Iron Man's) means that the current campaigns are going to be either hideously difficult (based on leveling occuring 1/5 as often) or a cakewalk (if it's not).

Personally, I'm not excited about the general structure of the change. It seems that it'll reduce the frequency of getting covers, which is a lot of the incentive to playing (the "just one more round" effect).

The other changes, particularly making getting campaign rewards less frustrating to get, sound good. That said, have you considered scaling the booby prizes up better? The first campaign is fine at 20. Second and third should be 30, fourth 50, and the fifth 75. Ballpark numbers. But getting 20 ISO for the difficult missions in the fourth or any of the fifth missions is painful.
  • Patch can't come fast enough according to me, 5th time straight with 20 ISO in a 2/4 mission, who programmed the RNG?
  • So what would happen if I had an Iron Man at 16/16/16? How would that get rounded? If you rounded up it'd put him beyond the ability total cap.
  • gut instinct says the automated program will round up the first two (red and yellow) and just keep blue normal
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    So you're going to rebalance all of the campaigns as well, right? Because eliminating all of the intervening levels means much longer periods between HP and damage increases (for the skills that gain damage at every level, such as Iron Man's) means that the current campaigns are going to be either hideously difficult (based on leveling occuring 1/5 as often) or a cakewalk (if it's not).

Personally, I'm not excited about the general structure of the change. It seems that it'll reduce the frequency of getting covers, which is a lot of the incentive to playing (the "just one more round" effect).

The other changes, particularly making getting campaign rewards less frustrating to get, sound good. That said, have you considered scaling the booby prizes up better? The first campaign is fine at 20. Second and third should be 30, fourth 50, and the fifth 75. Ballpark numbers. But getting 20 ISO for the difficult missions in the fourth or any of the fifth missions is painful.

We have rebalanced the rewards for the missions so that the same general flow of character upgrades is around the same. Naturally, you're getting them at a different pace than before, but we've run through the new flow a bunch of times and net out to about the same speed at getting through content as before. We'll monitor mission completion and see if there are any unexpected humps where there weren't before and adjust as needed.

One of the additional rewards that we can now hand out are Cover Pack Tokens which let you roll on one of the given packs in the Store. This should help not only keep that One More Round concept but also give players the opportunity to get something more valuable than yet another Black Widow Comic Cover if you're not using Black Widow. Arguably, things like Health Packs taking the place of some of those rewards could be something to shoot for if you weren't using the characters otherwise could help as well.

We're definitely looking into rebalancing the duplicate prizes from missions. We think this first change should help to begin with, then we can make further changes along the way. The last thing we want to do is make a tidal shift in that regard, give out "too much" of a reward, then have to scale back.
  • I'm really excited for the future of this game, and I think that everything touched on in the patch looked great. When's the tentative release date of this patch? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Anxciously waiting for the update. (And checking if my stash is not expiring....)
  • Chris67900 wrote:
    I'm really excited for the future of this game, and I think that everything touched on in the patch looked great. When's the tentative release date of this patch? icon_e_biggrin.gif

I agree as I'm excited as well. Not sure if you're joking re: your question or if you missed IceIX's earlier response but in case you missed it, here is what he said about release date:
    IceIX wrote:

icon_e_smile.gif
  • Thamks, I hadn't read that far back. The anticipation must be getting to me.