Discussion - Patch Preview: R40

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited October 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello all,

Providing a place for discussion about the preview notes posted about the next major patch, posted here: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=72

Enjoy!

Comments

• I just read the notes and I like it; it all sounds good though the proof is in the pudding so I'll reserve final judgement until its released. On paper though I have no complaints and am quite pleased. icon_e_smile.gif

The part that made the biggest impact on me was, perhaps, one of the smaller additions, specifically
    Daily Rewards
    Each day you play you'll get the next in a series of rewards including tokens that allow you to take a roll from "Recruit Heroes" without using your precious Iso-8 or Hero Points. Best of all - unlike many free-to-play games, if you miss a day we will not reset your progress.
    (emphasis mine).

I've already spent $5 on an ingame purchase but was unsure if I'd spend more; this decision alone has assured that I will do so again in the near future. As a big Puzzle Quest fan (I'm purchased and beaten all the Puzzle Quest games), it makes me happy to know I'll be able to continue supporting you via this game as well. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • So players that already spend tons of HP to upgrade some of their 3* hero skills pretty much just wasted a bunch of HP? Unless the costs to upgrade 3*s is pretty high

Also I noticed that you can now win boosts after PvP fights
  • IceIX
    Options
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    So players that already spend tons of HP to upgrade some of their 3* hero skills pretty much just wasted a bunch of HP? Unless the costs to upgrade 3*s is pretty high

Depending on what level they pushed a 3 star character to with pure level purchasing boosts, it's possible that they may have spent excess HP compared to the new system if you only look at that single character. However, for any of the users that we've looked at, they're also gaining levels in those heroes and others that they own due to rounding up of ability tiers. All in all, the vast majority of accounts are gaining the equivalent currency that they didn't have to spend and running with more powerful characters overall as a result.
  • So I have a question, since it will only take 5 covers to become max now instead of 20, what is going to be the point of all the iron man, black widow ect covers in the story missions? Will they just be meant to sell? or are you guys changing the rewards for all the missions? If so, would it be possible to reset them so us people who have already gotten them can get the new rewards?
  • A few questions.. when is the ETA for this update?

Also, how high are the prices for covers going up?
  • IceIX wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    So players that already spend tons of HP to upgrade some of their 3* hero skills pretty much just wasted a bunch of HP? Unless the costs to upgrade 3*s is pretty high

Depending on what level they pushed a 3 star character to with pure level purchasing boosts, it's possible that they may have spent excess HP compared to the new system if you only look at that single character. However, for any of the users that we've looked at, they're also gaining levels in those heroes and others that they own due to rounding up of ability tiers. All in all, the vast majority of accounts are gaining the equivalent currency that they didn't have to spend and running with more powerful characters overall as a result.

I am one of the early adopters of this game, and have spent a fair sum maxing out the skills for my characters. It was pretty much paid beta testing, but I did go in with my eyes open. While I'm not going to be a grinch and harp about wasting HP in lieu of upcoming changes, I will have to be a repetitive bore on the issue of Loki's Transmogrify. Please do something about it; it was a nerf that rendered a rare 3 star card useless.

Thank you.
  • I'm a bit worried about the rounding up you are talking about, for example, my main Iron Man is 20/15/1 and I want him to end up as 20/15/15 but will the 15=5 or not?

Other then that it sounds very good!
  • so if there are 13 abiltiy points to "give" to each cover, how is the level system then?
    before it was easy: 50 abiltiy points 50 levels.

is lvl 13 then maxlevel?
  • One more thing, now when we need less covers to level up, what will happen with any covers we have in our collection? Are they any use for us after this update or should we just use them/sell them?
  • coRexx wrote:
    so if there are 13 abiltiy points to "give" to each cover, how is the level system then?
    before it was easy: 50 abiltiy points 50 levels.

is lvl 13 then maxlevel?

Each point will probably just allow more level growth. So maybe about 4 levels per point?
  • As an early adopter to this game I'm excited for the new update and how much the developers are listening to the player base for tweaks/additions to the game.

I'm sure there will be a lot of griping and whining when the established rules change, but once the dust settles I think this update will make the game better.

Keep up the good work guys.
  • Yup. Keep up the good work. And keep listening.
  • Cool change for people who do not pay, can help to increase the user base. However, there is a large Shot in users who support you, if you do not you give them large refound of hp can you lose them. Especially that they decided to support the game that is under development and some changes shouting "you paid, good, we discovered that it was not worth that much your loss."
  • bimbom wrote:
    Cool change for people who do not pay, can help to increase the user base. However, there is a large Shot in users who support you, if you do not you give them large refound of hp can you lose them. Especially that they decided to support the game that is under development and some changes shouting "you paid, good, we discovered that it was not worth that much your loss."

I could be mistaken (and I suppose we'll see when it is rolled out) but what I'm taking from IceIX's comments is that this change will only negatively impact a very small subset of paying players; the rest should actually get a bump just like the non-paying players. I could be wrong but that's how I read it.
  • IceIX
    Options
    hogunner wrote:
    I could be mistaken (and I suppose we'll see when it is rolled out) but what I'm taking from IceIX's comments is that this change will only negatively impact a very small subset of paying players; the rest should actually get a bump just like the non-paying players. I could be wrong but that's how I read it.

That's pretty much it exactly. We're also noticing moves from paying (and non-paying) players that will magnify the savings due to our little preview. If we had a market, I'd say we've got a rush of market speculation going on.
  • I was wondering when will this patch go live?
  • I hot the feeling somewhere today. Since cap is a reward and announced with the 5 lvl skills.
  • I spend but I still think this update is great. What people have spent money on up to now added to their success in tournaments and rewards from them that non-payers probably can't achieve. So I disagree with anyone who says we deserve an HP refund. It seems greedy to want one, just saying.

Love the game, keep up the good work. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm sorry I have doubted, I misunderstood. I have not noticed that will be refund for excess spent hp on heroes
  • bimbom wrote:
    I'm sorry I have doubted, I misunderstood. I have not noticed that will be refund for excess spent hp on heroes

What are you talking about? It doesn't say that anywhere