Most sent TUs

13»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every now and then someone in my alliance will ask for someone specific in a TU request; usually during Boss events. I like to ask for 'nukes', 'AoE', or 'stuns' as I like to take one of each into most battles.

If I don't ask I get a lot of 3Pool's Whales or Riri TUs.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    2* bullseye black is a good one too. Needs to be at 5 covers 
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone explain the popularity of Mordo to me?  Is it just the purple power that people want?

Also, can someone refresh my memory or post a link to an explanation about how power levels work on TUs.  If I remember correctly, it sends based on whatever # of covers you have, but levels based on where that character is at on your own roster.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone explain the popularity of Mordo to me?  Is it just the purple power that people want?

Also, can someone refresh my memory or post a link to an explanation about how power levels work on TUs.  If I remember correctly, it sends based on whatever # of covers you have, but levels based on where that character is at on your own roster.
    the big change was that any TU from a champed character is always sent at 5/5/5 power level.  so no you don't have to respect a char to get the right cover combination.  Once your char has been champed, the sytem will always default to a 5 cover power.

• udonomefoo
    Phumade said:

the big change was that any TU from a champed character is always sent at 5/5/5 power level.  so no you don't have to respect a char to get the right cover combination.  Once your char has been champed, the sytem will always default to a 5 cover power.

This applies to the sender, not the receiver right?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    yes so for example

Sender has 4* GR at 300 with covers set to 5/5/3.

sender sents out GR on a TU mission (with that hope that he's sending out GR black)

You the reciever will hopefully get a GR Black TU.

That TU will have the power description of a 5 cover power at level 300.  So don't worry about respecting to send out TUs.

Example.

If the sender's 4* GR is only 250 with covers set to 5/5/3

You the reciever will only get back a GR black tu, with a 3 cover power level at level 250.

So the important part is whether the sender has the char champed on not
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    yes so for example

Sender has 4* GR at 300 with covers set to 5/5/3.

sender sents out GR on a TU mission (with that hope that he's sending out GR black)

You the reciever will hopefully get a GR Black TU.

That TU will have the power description of a 5 cover power at level 300.  So don't worry about respecting to send out TUs.

Example.

If the sender's 4* GR is only 250 with covers set to 5/5/3

You the reciever will only get back a GR black tu, with a 3 cover power level at level 250.

So the important part is whether the sender has the char champed on not
    The level 300 part isn’t necessarily correct tho.  Based on your roster determines what level the team up is.  If your average is higher than lvl 300, that tu will be higher.  If you sent me that team up, it’ll bump it to 370 (or 479 for boosted).
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been playing this game for four years.  Is there a way to choose the color for a TU that I am missing or is it just random?  I never use TUs so don't know what I've been sending others all this time.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018

Mordo makes charged tiles that Gambit uses.  So instead of using Gambit red twice to get damage you use a TU that makes charged tiles first.  Surfer is good for this too at only 7 AP.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    The other thing about levels:

The level of the TU will flex based on boosts and the receivers roster level (average of top 3/5 chars)

A 4* TU for a non-boosted, non-champed 4* will max out at lvl 270 if the receiver has champed 4s or higher. If the 4* involved is champed, the lvl of the TU will be the higher of the level of the sender’s character and the receivers biggest characters, up to a max of 370.

So 5* players will receive champed 4* TUs at lvl 370 if they’re not boosted. If they’re boosted they are immediately at lvl 479, which is mostly batpoo crazy.

Nonetheless, the most requested TUs are generally low cost stuns as trying to work up 12+ AP for a nuke can often compromise you in a match.

GR Black (at 5) is deadly though regardless of level, and only 10AP.
  • udonomefoo
    I've been playing this game for four years.  Is there a way to choose the color for a TU that I am missing or is it just random?  I never use TUs so don't know what I've been sending others all this time.
    It's random.  You can assure what you're sending by rostering a duplicate character with only the color you want to send.  I don't do that, but a lot of more serious players do.

Mordo makes charged tiles that Gambit uses.  So instead of using Gambit red twice to get damage you use a TU that makes charged tiles first.  Surfer is good for this too at only 7 AP.
    Ahh, Gambit related, mine is still 2/1/2 so that's why I didn't even consider him.  I have Bolt champed and it still didn't seem worth it for a few charged black tiles.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker

Back when you got xp for sending TU, mordo was even more popular cause he only has a 4 hour cooldown. Same with Riri