$2 CP Discussion

2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    But it doesn't mean what they are doing is right because it's going to affect those players who play by the rule in the future. Those players keep on looking for loopholes and the devs have to spend time closing the loopholes. I won't be surprised if a portion of dev time is spent on players who exploit the game. Again, it won't be a surprise if the devs are blamed for allowing the loophole to exist.

You have the next 5* Essential where you can buy his cover for 250CP. Unfortunately, it's going to be a red cover again. Or you can wait for Rogue to be the feeder for him and you can get his purple cover. You have Bonus Heroes to help you as well. They could introduce HfH trigger for 5* classic like what they did for 4* though (12 covers, 1 cover dying on the vine).

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    You are right that the next Gambit H5H should be red.  That should be in 2-3 months, so about 8-9 months before I could buy a black cover for 250 CP.  Or spend 720 CP.

If Rogue is not a feeder this week, it will be about 16 months before she is an essential again based on the current schedule.  So if they stick to their schedule, that would be when Gambit gets a feeder.

FYI: This is the current rotation of Classic 4E’s - over a year and going up every time.

I’m not going to cheat because maybe they would decide to do something?  Nor is there a way to do anything not-kosher anyway.  And it’s really not my thing.  I’m just saying I understand the impulse.

But they are a small team and can’t really deal with the amount of cheaters there are, or maybe can’t even identify them every time.  And how do you deal with someone that gets an extra cover, for example, for doing something that you can’t even prove was intentionally done?  Even egregious examples of cheating where people have a fully covered 5 with only a few 1*s can float along for a while.  Many exploits stay open for months while the developers, I suppose, try to figure out how to fix it or or decide when to prioritize it while also constantly developing new characters.  I suppose it has to reach a critical mass.

The best you can do is not worry about it, because it seems sometimes that the developers don’t.
  • HoundofShadow
    Even if it's not Rogue, there are still many choices for Gambit feeders: Prof X, Jubilee, Cyclops. Rogue looks like an obvious choice but D3 sometimes don't make the "obvious choice" perceived in this forum.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Even if it's not Rogue, there are still many choices for Gambit feeders: Prof X, Jubilee, Cyclops. Rogue looks like an obvious choice but D3 sometimes don't make the "obvious choice" perceived in this forum.
    3* Gambit feeds Rogue, so the groundwork is already laid out.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2018
    When 3* Star-Lord came out, he was a feeder for 4* Star-Lord. I'm sure everyone was expecting 4* Star-Lord to feed 5* Star-Lord. In the end, Drax was the feeder for 5* Star-Lord. 

Nightcrawler might even be a possibility because Gambit and Nightcrawler were the most requested characters, no 1 and no 2 respectively. Gambit had twice the votes of Nightcrawler. If they want to please most of the players, they might even make Nightcrawler a feeder for Gambit.

My point is there are a lot of possibilities. Coincidentally, Rogue's essential in PvE Is coming up and tomorrow should be the announcement for 5* feeder. 

I fear that it might be feeder for Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow or the Hulk though because they seems to be in IW mood.