$2 CP Discussion

System
System Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: At least one player has a level 462 Okoye.

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    There was that time when a glitch in the store meant that $2 got you and your alliance 7CP if you were made aware of it and then took advantage like a mini-whale... let's just say that CP for a lot of players became a less elusive commodity.

To be clear, I was not aware of it, nor in an alliance that took advantage.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    There was that time when a glitch in the store meant that $2 got you and your alliance 7CP if you were made aware of it and then took advantage like a mini-whale... let's just say that CP for a lot of players became a less elusive commodity.

To be fair, a lot of those CPs were probably spent building fat Gambits. And this glitch only affected some players, so even if you were aware of it you may not have been in a position to exploit it even if you wanted to.
    Digital Day probably let to a whole lot of extra CPs in the system too, but again, that may have gone into building monster Gambits - particularly since Gambit covers were a two for one deal at that point if I recall correctly.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:

lol,  that happened so long ago, its like complaining people who had sentry and hood were dominating lb taking all prizes which inevitably let them get all the 5*, which lets them to continue to oppress me today.

600 pulls is not not uncommon at all.  Your numbers make the CP amount look artificially high.  Players at that tier have very well developed 4* farms.  Your looking at 500 4* that are getting fed directly into big 330+farms.  The resource chains cascades are very generous.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    jackstar0 said:

lol,  that happened so long ago, its like complaining people who had sentry and hood were dominating lb taking all prizes which inevitably let them get all the 5*, which lets them to continue to oppress me today.

600 pulls is not not uncommon at all.  Your numbers make the CP amount look artificially high.  Players at that tier have very well developed 4* farms.  Your looking at 500 4* that are getting fed directly into big 330+farms.  The resource chains cascades are very generous.
    The CP issue is not even in the same Ball Park as Sentry bombing.  No way to even compare the 2. Yes a lot of these ill gotten goods were spent on Gambit for sure, but they also did reap all the champing rewards. This is just like the BH (whoops can’t talk about this) nothing was done and should have been. 

As to the OPs question, this is not uncommon.  A lot of peoYou will see a lot of her around once GRR is out of the tokens. 

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    jackstar0 said:

The CP issue is not even in the same Ball Park as Sentry bombing.  No way to even compare the 2. Yes a lot of these ill gotten goods were spent on Gambit for sure, but they also did reap all the champing rewards. This is just like the BH (whoops can’t talk about this) nothing was done and should have been. 

As to the OPs question, this is not uncommon.  A lot of peoYou will see a lot of her around once GRR is out of the tokens. 

I don't think the CP bug was ill gotten goods since it was an error on the side of the seller, not an exploit by the buyer. If you advertise goods at a lower price than intended you are legally required to sell at the lower price if the consumer demands it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is not entirely true... I'm sure if the seller can prove that the product was not meant to be sold at the wrong price, they can choose to cancel the order and refund whatever amount the customer paid. There are so many case studies on this scenario.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    But they didn't.  No,  Demiurge/D3 denied them cover swaps, FOR TWO WEEKS! The horror
  • The rockett
    edited May 2018
    Quebbster said:
    Phumade said:
    jackstar0 said:

I don't think the CP bug was ill gotten goods since it was an error on the side of the seller, not an exploit by the buyer. If you advertise goods at a lower price than intended you are legally required to sell at the lower price if the consumer demands it.
    Ok. Let’s go down this rabbit hole one more time.  After D3/Demi were alerted to this glitch in the Matrix, they had a data push.  Since there were some people that were on the purchase screen on a certain device, they were not kicked off this screen.  So what did they do?  Oh well, they stayed on this screen, set up Pay Pal Accounts so their ally mates and friends could send them money world wide so they could be the $2 for 7CP purashes.  You know get  350 CPs for $100 instead of 7.  Nope not a big deal.  Only wiring money across the world for the 1 or 2 people that were able to do this.  Yep this was not ill gotten goods at all. Sure.  What makes me sick is the response from D3/Demi to this.  Between that and the BH (Whoops) A good amount of people lost the faith in them to react quickly and swiftly with issues of cheating/hacking/whatever you any to call it. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Phumade said:
    jackstar0 said:

Ok. Let’s go down this rabbit hole one more time.  After D3/Demi were alerted to this glitch in the Matrix, they had a data push.  Since there were some people that were on the purchase screen on a certain device, they were not kicked off this screen.  So what did they do?  Oh well, they stayed on this screen, set up Pay Pal Accounts so their ally mates and friends could send them money world wide so they could be the $2 for 7CP purashes.  You know get  350 CPs for $100 instead of 7.  Nope not a big deal.  Only wiring money across the world for the 1 or 2 people that were able to do this.  Yep this was not ill gotten goods at all. Sure.  What makes me sick is the response from D3/Demi to this.  Between that and the BH (Whoops) A good amount of people lost the faith in them to react quickly and swiftly with issues of cheating/hacking/whatever you any to call it. 
    Yeah, those people who "lost faith" totally didn't spend their hearts out on digital day, nope.

Let it go, rockett.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    Phumade said:
    jackstar0 said:

How do you happen to know so much about the details rockett?

It's kinda surprising that you have so deep knowledge about this bug and you also happen to know a lot about another cover glitch which was mentioned in the SHIELD Training post for 4BW.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    madoctor said:
    Quebbster said:
    Phumade said:
    jackstar0 said:

It's kinda surprising that you have so deep knowledge about this bug and you also happen to know a lot about another cover glitch which was mentioned in the SHIELD Training post for 4BW.
    This discussion has been ongoing since said “glitches” happened? If you’re on LINE and don’t know about them you must be autodeleting chats without reading them. It was quite the kerfuffle for a while. Ask ally mates.
  • The rockett
    edited May 2018
    Bowgentle said:
    madoctor said:
    Quebbster said:
    Phumade said:
    jackstar0 said:

Rockett drinks and knows things.
    It's what he does.
    @Bowgentle gets me!!!       

@madoctor come on.  This was all common knowledge for many people that had Line.  I person from an ally that had the $2 7CP glitch posted the info in the buy rooms.  Everybody in those rooms knew about it.  Any glitch that happens, Gambit 25% pull rate, Clasics 25% rate, HE release with BH at a 25% rate, cover glitch, any of this as soon as it happens spreads very quickly. We are in some of the same rooms that as soon as a new store comes up people check it to make sure the right rate is showing. We know know how this works.  Let’s not try and fool anybody on it.   

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Huh. It was not my intention to divert from the thread topic where this started. I simply wanted to provide an example of why some players seem to have more CP than other folks, and this was one such source of that disparity.

Oh well.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    The rockett said:

This was all common knowledge for many people that had Line.  I person from an ally that had the $2 7CP glitch posted the info in the buy rooms.  Everybody in those rooms knew about it.  Any glitch that happens, Gambit 25% pull rate, Clasics 25% rate, HE release with BH at a 25% rate, cover glitch, any of this as soon as it happens spreads very quickly. We are in some of the same rooms that as soon as a new store comes up people check it to make sure the right rate is showing. We know know how this works.  Let’s not try and fool anybody on it.   
    The 25% figure was what the dev admitted. There is no way for players to work that out with any amount of data. The fact that it was repeated so soon after meant it wasn't corrected in all branch of the code. The next time there is a glitch with the pull rates, it may not be 25% again. Could be lower could be higher, depends on the slip of the fingers and what keys were next to the intended keys. The exact figure can only come from another dev admitting the error.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    In every case where there was an error (I believe) the too-high rate was clearly displayed in the store pop ups. It wasn’t hidden that Gambit’s store offered 25% 5’s; the only trick was opening tokens and seeing that anecdotally, it appeared to be actually 25%. The devs were scrambling to fix it, of course.

People forget, maybe, that the issues that arose came when things were new.

The HE store bug (which was a 17% bonus rate, btw) came a week after bonus heroes debuted in the game.  So we can chalk that up to devs learning and making mistakes. 

The first store to offer 3 5’s in the new release store was the DD store. That had the Classic increased 5* odds error.  So again it seems the devs were learning/ made an error.  I missed this entirely so I don’t remember the store odds display myself.

The next 5* store was Gambit’s which had the 25% odds in his store this time. Learning again. Chaos ensued and the Age of Gambit V Gambit began.

Since Gambit’s store, we have had 8 new 5’s with no errors in stores. It appears they figured this thing out, but of course we all keep checking just in case.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like when there's new thing that has a loophole, many players will jump at it if they are in the know. We have other exploits like Legendary Tokens, grandfathered iso, token pull. The recent one would be the HfH exploit (free cover) and new covers exploit.  It seems like those players aren't angels either. It's like you know that it's clearly a mistake, but you still consciously took advantage of the mistake. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    It seems like when there's new thing that has a loophole, many players will jump at it if they are in the know. We have other exploits like Legendary Tokens, grandfathered iso, token pull. The recent one would be the HfH exploit (free cover) and new covers exploit.  It seems like those players aren't angels either. It's like you know that it's clearly a mistake, but you still consciously took advantage of the mistake. 

Players will take advantage as long as the company does nothing to those players. If players actually got banned/sandboxed, received a huge bill, retro their roster, anything but nothing than I bet you there wouldn't be many players looking for exploits, at least not well known or long time players
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    The game locks stuff behind RNG as its main driver of interest.  Their business model is partly frustration, just enough that you keep trying but not that you give up.  And maybe spend some money to alleviate it.

So of course players take any advantage they can get.  Engaged players are in a constant state of some level of frustration and want to relieve it.  Their game design encourages the seeking of loopholes.

I have a 12 cover Gambit and a useless red cover on my vine.  My first 5* Bonus Hero in months.  Would I do something to fix that (I don’t have 720 CP laying around) if I could?  Even non-kosher?  Possibly?
  • cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Other games ban accounts of offending players that are purposefully exploiting loopholes (ie, a person who keeps the sales screen open after the fix and buys a ton of $2 7 CP). They also roll back gains on those accounts for lesser offenses

d3go could do the same. That's the action that keeps people from doing this stuff. No coding/testing cycle is perfect