S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 Bundle (5/21/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Starting with today's R153 update, players that are eligible will now be able to see the S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 store offer. Here is some more information about it below:

SCL 9 Bundle Details
  • Available once you reach a S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank of 65 or higher
  • All players who have obtained this rank will have access to this bundle when it first launches
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • Price: $39.99 USD (converted accordingly to your region's currency and platform)
  • Maximum 1 purchase
  • Contents:
    • 64,000 Iso-8
    • 5,400 Hero Points
    • 15 Command Points
    • 1,400 Red Iso-8
    • 2 Latest Legends token
    • 1 Advanced Support token
    • 6 Heroic tokens
    • 6 covers of Medusa (Inhuman Queen) (2 of each ability)
    • 6 covers of Carnage (Cletus Kasady) (2 of each ability)

Comments

• actarus76
    actarus76 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:

• 1 Latest Legends token
    2 latest legends tokens on game ;) 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I want.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Cardusa bundle? Well, it’s not the meta, but it’s certainly a strong pair. Now, do we get SCL10 in a month? No, too soon, isn’t it? Needs playtesting before full implementation.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to purchase this. At £35.49 though, its a pass. Ridiculous pricing. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    You need 8 players under your suggested price point to match 1 player's purchase under their suggested pricing. Since they are driven by data, I believe a significant number of players bought the previous bundle and they are testing out how players react to different offers. This should be the last SCL bundle until they come up with SCL 10.

The previous bundle, SCL 8, cost $34.99USD for the following:

• 62,000 Iso-8
    • 4,800 Hero Points
    • 10 Command Points
    • 500 Red Iso-8
    • 1 Latest Legends token
    • 1 Advanced Support token
    • 8 Heroic tokens
    • 3 covers of Nico Minoru (1 of each ability)
    • 3 covers of Nova (1 of each ability)
    • 3 covers of X-23 (1 of each ability)

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Extremely pricey. I can buy a new game for that much.

These packages are so freaking expensive. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The price points on these are terrible. This is practically the cost of a new console game, and more expensive than most console games that have been out for over a year or so. Games that you'd own in their entirety upon purchase, whereas with this you gain access to an almost incomprehensibly minuscule sliver of the game's assets/currency and are still subject to RNG.

This should cost $5. Besides being a much more reasonable price point, I honestly believe you'd get more purchases (particularly from players less prone to spending), and since these bundles are one-time purchase only it's not as if they could be exploited.

While I agree that the price for this is almost as much as a new game, I have been playing this game F2P for the past 4 years. Although I have spent some money here and there, I still actually saved money playing this game because I haven't played many console games since I started MPQ. I'm buying this just to support a game I've been playing for years for free as a thank you.
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Relative to other purchases in the game this (as the previous bundles) are great values by comparison. Though as others have aptly pointed out, relative to what those real world dollars might buy you in other games they seem less of a bargain. I find it frustrating that all these SCL bundles can only be purchased with real world currency. You could take the HP out of it and I'd wager there are many who would be willing to pay 8500 (the equivalent of $49.99USD) for it. However, it seems that in game currency is largely held in reserve only for RNG methods of game progression. I can see from a business perspective why they do it, but I wish they could understand how disheartening it is for a player to see resources either accumulated from dedicated game play or prior purchases more often than not yield little tangible progression when thrown at vaults and cover packs.
  • cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Of course, playing with Carnage is like watching paint dry even with animations turned off...why would anyone do that to themselves every turn.

The cost is also just too high
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    1) Way too expensive

2) As the SCL9 pack this still seems to be targeted at players building a 4* roster.  What about those with a well developed roster that need 5* to proceed?  Not that I'd buy at this price regardless. 

You're really missing that "micro" part of micro-transactions. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    The price points on these are terrible. This is practically the cost of a new console game, and more expensive than most console games that have been out for over a year or so. Games that you'd own in their entirety upon purchase, whereas with this you gain access to an almost incomprehensibly minuscule sliver of the game's assets/currency and are still subject to RNG.

This should cost $5. Besides being a much more reasonable price point, I honestly believe you'd get more purchases (particularly from players less prone to spending), and since these bundles are one-time purchase only it's not as if they could be exploited.

While I agree that the price for this is almost as much as a new game, I have been playing this game F2P for the past 4 years. Although I have spent some money here and there, I still actually saved money playing this game because I haven't played many console games since I started MPQ. I'm buying this just to support a game I've been playing for years for free as a thank you.
    I'm all for financially supporting a game (and the team behind it) that you genuinely enjoy / appreciate! I just think the packages they've put together for us to do so are a terrible value, and one-off big purchases that offer very little substance make that extreme lack in value even more glaring. If they were to revise VIP to actually offer regular players something worthwhile, I'd happily subscribe to it again.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    cschwinge said:
    Of course, playing with Carnage is like watching paint dry even with animations turned off...why would anyone do that to themselves every turn.

The cost is also just too high
    Because he's boosted? Because a lot of people skip Cardusa in PvP for the same reason you find him annoying? Because it's easy to win at the 4* level when you can basically heal yourself every turn with Cardusa? Because Carnage has one of the few (only?) red AoE powers in the game? Because Kraven and Nico exist? Because with no animations he's much less annoying to use than he used to be?

• InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    babinro said:
    Another fantastic offer when compared to anything on the main store front.  
    This is even tempting next to traditional HP sales.

I'm happy with this deal but if you really wanted to take the opportunity to WOW people for the cost there's plenty of room to do so.

Think of it this way...I'm ready to spend $40.00...the amount you'd spend on a AA game the likes of HellBlade: Senua's Sacrifice or a newly released remastered video game. 

What kind of offer could you present that would allow the player to have IMMEDIATE FUN for their purchase price?

$39.99 U.S
    - 13 x 4* Carnage covers
    - 13 x 4* Medusa covers
    - 5400 Hero Points
    - 700,000 ISO
    - 2 Legendary Tokens
    - Remaining Filler support, RISO, Tokens already show.

This might sound insane but what you're selling the player is the ability to immediately have 2 new 4* characters championed and ready to go thanks to 13 covers and the ISO to level them.   They also get the hero points for those roster slots and a bunch of additional little things to help them feel good about their purchase.

$40.00 spent but access to immediate fun.  Feels good, right?

When you consider that this game has well over 100 characters and 4*'s require 113 covers EACH to complete....can you really say this offer feels too generous for the payment? 
    We need you on the correct-amount-of-rewards-offered-for-the-asking-price-of-the-clearance-level-package decision-making team!
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Is this supposed to help with cl9 pve?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I've got 4 million iso I can't use. Can I trade in that 64k in the package for a minor discount? :) price is a little more steep than I'm comfortable with.

But seriously, is cl9 intended to be for 4* transition players? All the covers are just champ levels to me - I've been solidly in 5* land forever.  Where is cl10 then? 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got 4 million iso I can't use. Can I trade in that 64k in the package for a minor discount? :) price is a little more steep than I'm comfortable with.

But seriously, is cl9 intended to be for 4* transition players? All the covers are just champ levels to me - I've been solidly in 5* land forever.  Where is cl10 then? 
    Why? You don’t think they’ll sell 5* covers enough to be worth a darn, do you?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:

Why? You don’t think they’ll sell 5* covers enough to be worth a darn, do you?
    I honestly don't think there's anything I'd be happy to buy at this point unless say rebalancing or new game modes, even a pay-to-enter new event. But for a vaguely competitive 5* player this is a few days worth of matchy matchy. For a transitioning to 5* player....maaaaybe if the Medusa champ levels lead to a critical Bolt cover, or Carnage turns out to feed a new 5* Venom. 

Otherwise, yeah, it's as inconsequential as giving out tokens to a vault for the shiny new supports which give you a 2* or 25 riso, or if you are really lucky like me you could get a duplicate support worth 7000 riso, so.