R153 Release Notes (5/21/18)

2»

Comments

• Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:

What's Changed:
    • When a character cover in the Rewards Queue expires, the amount of Iso-8 received from selling the cover is added to your resources instead.
    Well... I didn't know about this before. I'd just been letting covers manually expire if I didn't have the right colors.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    If you are using Google, Facebook, email or even a smartphone, your data have been farmed and still being farmed. If you think that by not playing MPQ, you would have kept your non-personal data and personal data safe, then I think you would be very surprise. Most smartphones have at least 10 to 20 apps come pre-installed, and they have been gathering and sending data the moment you are connected to the internet.

Anyway, they did explain what kind of data that they are sending and what they are using it for. If you are really worried, it seems that you can request the data that they have collected from you and you can ask them to delete them, but all your game data will be lost.

Don't be paranoid. As long as you are connected to the internet, you are being tracked.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Asking for the specific data dump D3 has stored for a user (which according to GDPR laws has to be answered within a month) could be interesting and might show how data is harvested to create those A/B price differences. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    According to the new privacy policy, I can request all info collected and stored about me by D3.  How do I do that?

If it's as simple as a forum post, then consider this my official request.

I recommend everyone else request it as well.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please don’t make it a CS request!  My swaps take long enough already. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

Disappointed that there was no further UI improvements on Supports. 

I tried last night to get more excited about them and spent some time reading a few I have and applying to some different characters, but it's soo clunky an experience that it really doesn't help. 

I've 15 supports, I think I've 5 or 6 attached to the folks I use the most.  Other than Korg being on Thor I've no real idea what I've got on who and really any clue on what they are doing for me. 

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Punter1 said:

Disappointed that there was no further UI improvements on Supports. 

I tried last night to get more excited about them and spent some time reading a few I have and applying to some different characters, but it's soo clunky an experience that it really doesn't help. 

I've 15 supports, I think I've 5 or 6 attached to the folks I use the most.  Other than Korg being on Thor I've no real idea what I've got on who and really any clue on what they are doing for me. 

There's already a small box with a Plus sign that tells you who has a support equipped. Just click on those characters to find out which one they have equipped. Either way if you want to add a support to someone else just add it. It will automatically take it off the other character that had it. You have 15 Supports, but do your really use 15 characters in the game daily anyway. It's not that hard.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    There's already a small box with a Plus sign that tells you who has a support equipped. Just click on those characters to find out which one they have equipped. Either way if you want to add a support to someone else just add it. It will automatically take it off the other character that had it. You have 15 Supports, but do your really use 15 characters in the game daily anyway. It's not that hard.

I know who has a support but that's it, I don't know what one they have or what they are doing without tapping multiple times.  Though I assume whatever they are doing is underwhelming. 

It would be preferred to look at the supports screen and see which ones I have assigned to who.  That I could at least do with 1 tap instead of multiple through the roster screen.  It also means I can make sure all my 3* + supports are in use somewhere.

Yes - I only use less than 6 characters regularly, but in theory I should be attaching supports to the featured characters regularly to at least get more use of them, but I can't be bothered with the work to make this happen. 

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone remember when Spidey (Homecoming) got buffed? Didn’t notice it until playing Venom Bomb, but the order of his crit tile creation changed to check for 5 web tiles first, make 2, then make 1 more if there are 3 webs. Now Web Shot can get full effect with two webs and 1 use of Stick Around instead of having to match 1 to get 2 more from Web Shot passive.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    Does anyone remember when Spidey (Homecoming) got buffed? Didn’t notice it until playing Venom Bomb, but the order of his crit tile creation changed to check for 5 web tiles first, make 2, then make 1 more if there are 3 webs. Now Web Shot can get full effect with two webs and 1 use of Stick Around instead of having to match 1 to get 2 more from Web Shot passive.
    I remember he did at one point, but can't recall the date.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:
    According to the new privacy policy, I can request all info collected and stored about me by D3.  How do I do that?

If it's as simple as a forum post, then consider this my official request.

I recommend everyone else request it as well.
    Its probably not a forum post.  But something similar to service of process.  In any case,  Demi and D3 both have  registered agent who serves as the official corporate representative (in actuality, this might be delegated,  but almost certainly someone is designagted to receive and acknowledge these requests

But the forum is entitled to learn who is responsible for fulfilling these requests pursuant to the applicable regulations.

@brigby

Who is the official person responsible for fullilling these legal requests?

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Punter1 said:

Yes - I only use less than 6 characters regularly, but in theory I should be attaching supports to the featured characters regularly to at least get more use of them, but I can't be bothered with the work to make this happen. 

For this run of Venom Bomb, I decided who my main team would be - Nova, Archangel, Dr Strange - and gave them Supports - Vintage Shield, the Blackbird, Wong.  I gave Squirrel Girl Avengers Tower and Captain Falcon Sharon Carter since they're the essential 3* and 4*.  I figured I'd get sick of symbiotes at the harder levels so I went ahead and equipped Thanos with Cull Obsidian.

This didn't take very long at all and I enjoyed figuring out who would get what Support.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, I'm guessing this privacy policy was updated for GDPR compliance, and that the EU privacy policy looks a bit different than this one I'm seeing in the US because there's no way this US one is in compliance, you don't even tell us what data you're sending to third parties versus not nor what data you're collecting from my device. You also don't confirm whether you're having our data removed from your third parties (which you would need to do under GDPR, so...).

"Micpanel is a program we used to review user habits and game analytics using user_ID, username, advertising identifiers, IP address and various other non-personal information." That's a lot of personal information, and "other non-personal information" when combined with each other can very well be personal information as long as you can identify me by the aggregation of the information.

I haven't played since the notice popped up because I don't want to accept those terms. What options for opting-out for all of those extra components? 

Guess I should have listened to the adage "if a service is free, you're the product."
    You left out their explanation:
    If for example something isn't working or players do not like an event, we record actions in the game to find what players are interested in, avoiding, most interested in purchasing, etc. so that we can make educated decisions on what to work on next to improve, add to, or remove in the game.

In other words, it's used for in-game metrics.

If you're worried about privacy, I'd say that the entries for Appsflyer and Gamechangersf would be more fit to raise your eyebrows at?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    I, as do others, appreciate the auto-sale feature that has been added to the game.  I look forward to more QOL, player friendly changes in the future.

Along with the SCL packs offering good deals, it feels a little more sometimes that the developers are trying to come to the players and make them happy vs just doing the same things over and over and basically saying "our way or the highway".

I just hope that the ideas and changes aren't too late as more vets are moving on.