R153 Release Notes (5/21/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the release notes for the R153 update!

MPQ 153!
  • Check out the latest addition to the 5-Star tier, Okoye (Warrior General)!
What's Changed:
  • When a character cover in the Rewards Queue expires, the amount of Iso-8 received from selling the cover is added to your resources instead.
  • Unowned Supports now show the Perks at the maximum rarity and level.
  • Supports equipped to Powered-Up characters display the correct stats when viewed.
  • The rarity Stars in the Player Rewards screen are now correctly displayed
  • The Support tutorial no longer ends without being able to progress, if the target character in the Support Tutorial already has a Support equipped
  • [Steam Only] The revive button is now easier to click
Character Changes
  • In cases where Gwenpool (Gwen Poole)'s power 'SPLOITS! gives the Player AP after firing, that amount has been reduced to 2 AP at all levels. This is to eliminate undesirable behavior when reducing the cost of the power.
  • The non-playable character, Maggia Don, now behaves like other non-playable characters.
    • Power banner is no longer displayed in the mission description
    • The character cannot be targeted by Cloak and Dagger (Classic)'s power, The Darkness Hungers

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    No character updates.
    Naturally.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    No character updates.
    Naturally.
    Character updates, if any, always arrive at the season beginning and are announced at season end. That’s a week away.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Gwenpool got an update, sort of. Maggie Don got it too.
  • actarus76
    actarus76 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:
    No character updates.
    Naturally.
    Character updates, if any, always arrive at the season beginning and are announced at season end. That’s a week away.
    on last season we had two updates :) 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    actarus76 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:
    No character updates.
    Naturally.
    feeders <> character updates.
  • HoundofShadow
    After updating the game, their privacy policy pops up and you have to accept them before proceeding. Some interesting company names
    are in there as well.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018

When a character cover in the Rewards Queue expires, the amount of Iso-8 received from selling the cover is added to your resources instead

Awesome. I haven't lost a cover due to expiring before I sold it but it's nice to see some quality life changes. I hope more are coming. I rather see a bunch of small changes/fixes than a big change like Supports.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    • When a character cover in the Rewards Queue expires, the amount of Iso-8 received from selling the cover is added to your resources instead.
    This is awesome!  Thank you!
  • actarus76
    actarus76 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Bowgentle said:
    actarus76 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:
    No character updates.
    Naturally.
    feeders <> character updates.
    i know it: we had progression reward of bp4 king of wakanda after the middle of last season
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    When a character cover in the Rewards Queue expires, the amount of Iso-8 received from selling the cover is added to your resources instead.
    I know several others have said it, but I want to add my voice to the list. Thank you! Over the years I've lost several covers to this and this is a nice subtle QOL improvement that they didn't have to add, but I appreciate them doing so anyway.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    That expiring cover thing is nice. I haven't lost many, but I lost a couple over the years. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Hooray on the update not being 100% about supports, but it’s still pretty underwhelming.  Nice change on the cover expiration though.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I'd like to know more about the gamechangersf. Does that mean ads now?
  • HoundofShadow
    You are already seeing ads: Peggy Carter, Black Panther, Wakanda supports. Those "ads" are classified under "Today's news" in the setting.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like how you've taken supports you don't have,  and made them LOOK awesome! Display only level 250 stats 

Wow
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2018
    I like to see the full stat, but it came a little slow because I got most of the supports now.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    So, I'm guessing this privacy policy was updated for GDPR compliance, and that the EU privacy policy looks a bit different than this one I'm seeing in the US because there's no way this US one is in compliance, you don't even tell us what data you're sending to third parties versus not nor what data you're collecting from my device. You also don't confirm whether you're having our data removed from your third parties (which you would need to do under GDPR, so...).

"Micpanel is a program we used to review user habits and game analytics using user_ID, username, advertising identifiers, IP address and various other non-personal information." That's a lot of personal information, and "other non-personal information" when combined with each other can very well be personal information as long as you can identify me by the aggregation of the information.

I haven't played since the notice popped up because I don't want to accept those terms. What options for opting-out for all of those extra components? 

Guess I should have listened to the adage "if a service is free, you're the product."