After cycling

Options

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thuran said:
    Lets be positive guys; we have become world class experts at dragging things to the right!

Next stop, tinder!
    lolololol
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
       As always, it will be easy enough to adapt to new bosses with a solid collection of card but it will be real hard for begginers.
       On the other hand, the problem isn't the fact that cycling will be gone ... It's the fact that many players are now used to be able to compete in higher tiers while they wouldn't have tried it before cycling came out. 
       Things will return in their place, for good reasons... But once you tasted good wine, it becomes harder to sip your plonk ... and that feelin might cause much frustration among players.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just a few ideas with what we still have:

Sorin: Pony/Lifegain
    Samut: Ghalta/Afflict
    Huatli2: Vamps/Exploration
    Bolas: Doom/Immortal Sun Loop
    Tezz2: Blightcaster/Storm the Vault/Treasures 
    Dovin: Starfield/Wreckage
    Lili3: Hangarback/Tetzimoc
    Nahiri: Double-Strikers/Removal
    Vraska: Big Dinos/Recursion

Saheeli: Pirates/Bounce
    Ob: Creatureless Control
    Karn: Pretty Much Anything
    Kiora: Ramp + Fatties - Currently my Azor deck.
    Garruk: Path to Discovery Abuse
    Koth: Agro/Berserkers
    AJ1: HuF/AoSS

Just to add a few more to the list...
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:

Just a few ideas with what we still have:

Sorin: Pony/Lifegain
    Samut: Ghalta/Afflict
    Huatli2: Vamps/Exploration
    Bolas: Doom/Immortal Sun Loop
    Tezz2: Blightcaster/Storm the Vault/Treasures 
    Dovin: Starfield/Wreckage
    Lili3: Hangarback/Tetzimoc
    Nahiri: Double-Strikers/Removal
    Vraska: Big Dinos/Recursion

Saheeli: Pirates/Bounce
    Ob: Creatureless Control
    Karn: Pretty Much Anything
    Kiora: Ramp + Fatties - Currently my Azor deck.
    Garruk: Path to Discovery Abuse
    Koth: Agro/Berserkers
    AJ1: HuF/AoSS

Just to add a few more to the list...
    Actually, I believe AoSS is rotating out with Amonkhet.  Pony may be too (I forget which set its from).

And @wickedwitch74 those combos are mostly mythics, and hard ones to get too.  Probably won't be the meta, just annoying
  • AzraelCB
    AzraelCB Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bil said:

On the other hand, the problem isn't the fact that cycling will be gone ... It's the fact that many players are now used to be able to compete in higher tiers while they wouldn't have tried it before cycling came out. 
       Things will return in their place, for good reasons... But once you tasted good wine, it becomes harder to sip your plonk ... and that feelin might cause much frustration among players.
    This game is constantly changing with the addition of new cards and sets swapping in and out of the standard format. Being upset because a game that is constantly changing changed is pretty close to the definition of insanity.
  • babar3355
    Options
    Well people without even 1-2 mythics in standard shouldn't really be expecting to beat the main bosses should they?  That's one of the reasons I hated cycling the most.  It took the curve out of the game. Instead of needing to build a collection to beat the top end content, you just had to open NP.

You are correct on AoSS.. I was thinking it was HOU, but its definitely AKH.  Oh well, scratch that one.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Well people without even 1-2 mythics in standard shouldn't really be expecting to beat the main bosses should they?  That's one of the reasons I hated cycling the most.  It took the curve out of the game. Instead of needing to build a collection to beat the top end content, you just had to open NP.

You are correct on AoSS.. I was thinking it was HOU, but its definitely AKH.  Oh well, scratch that one.
    babar3355 said:

It’s not about 1-2 mythics, it’s about having the 1-2 specific mythics you need for a given deck.
  • babar3355
    Options
    I guess my point is there are a lot of deck options to beat virtually all of the bosses... not sure you need mythics at all... although they certainly help.  I am pretty sure I could run Ferocidon and 2 other dinos instead of ghalta and beat most of the big bosses.  Certainly dont need mythic pirates with enough bounce in Saheeli... etc.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    I guess my point is there are a lot of deck options to beat virtually all of the bosses... not sure you need mythics at all... although they certainly help.  I am pretty sure I could run Ferocidon and 2 other dinos instead of ghalta and beat most of the big bosses.  Certainly dont need mythic pirates with enough bounce in Saheeli... etc.
    Saheeli - Any Vehincle, Storm the Vault and Skinshifter.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    babar3355 said:
    By that logic, storm the vault should be the next card on the chopping block. Darn right, it’s auto include in my blue decks!
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    babar3355 said:
    By that logic, storm the vault should be the next card on the chopping block. Darn right, it’s auto include in my blue decks!

Pretty much... Except it's slightly away from auto... Like currently I usually have to choose between it and Lotus because they aren't great together, get a lot of mana first turn but then Lotus is gone, not necessarily worth the deck slot... Including one of the two is almost certain right now, but which one depends on the deck and whether destroying your own supports is a good idea or not.

An auto-include in one colour is nowhere near as bad as an auto-include in every colour though.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Kinesia said:
    babar3355 said:

Pretty much... Except it's slightly away from auto... Like currently I usually have to choose between it and Lotus because they aren't great together, get a lot of mana first turn but then Lotus is gone, not necessarily worth the deck slot... Including one of the two is almost certain right now, but which one depends on the deck and whether destroying your own supports is a good idea or not.

An auto-include in one colour is nowhere near as bad as an auto-include in every colour though.
    I don’t know. It’s auto include in blue for me, and I _used to use_ Gilded Lotus in non-blue decks. In my humble opinion, STV is _more_ broken thaN GL since STV _sometimes, but not always_, create a NEW vault instead of reinforcing the initial one. It gets a bit silly sometimes with 3 or more vaults on the board since they trigger each other. 
  • Wafflesauce
    Wafflesauce Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It will still take 45 minutes thanks to animations, but Path of Discovery with Zendikar's Roil or Vampires will get you there.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Kinesia said:
    babar3355 said:

I don’t know. It’s auto include in blue for me, and I _used to use_ Gilded Lotus in non-blue decks. In my humble opinion, STV is _more_ broken thaN GL since STV _sometimes, but not always_, create a NEW vault instead of reinforcing the initial one. It gets a bit silly sometimes with 3 or more vaults on the board since they trigger each other. 

I know the effect that you're talking about when two StV appear. I am guessing that you had Nyx out too? Because that is the only time I have been able to replicate the effect. For some reason Nyx brings back the support with a different kind of marker rather than one cast from the hand. Anyways, when the nyx version pops it creates a separate flipped support separate from the flipped support made from those you cast from your hand. I can duplicate this effect with Legions5 landing too. One note though, you have to have three or more supports else it won't  create a new flipped support. So.Nyx and just StV won't  work. But if you had Nyx, StV and StW ... it works. Weird. Anyways. That's  what i know about it. Not the card that is broken but how nyx interacts with it and other  cards that flip. They all do this
  • Wafflesauce
    Wafflesauce Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Also, I've managed my resources specifically so that I'll have exactly the amount of orbs in the worst case scenario to craft STV once RIX booster crafting drops in price.
    Because, yes, it's that good. And can be seen a mile away by those who haven't even played with it.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STV is my worst offender. I put it in every deck that uses supports and isn't koth (or red green). It's the best ramp support in the game, and I totally wonder why it wasn't nerfed.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    does RIX crafting price drops with dominara?
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Theros said:
    does RIX crafting price drops with dominara?
    No, the crafting price for RIX will drop when DOM is available for crafting which is 1 month after its release. This will also coincide with DOM no longer giving bonus Orbs for dupes.