Masterpiece/Elite "Flash"

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    jtwood said:
    ZW2007- said:
    It should grant the creature you flash into play defender. That way your flashed creature takes the first card slot and blocks before any other non-defender creatures. If I flash in a vanilla 4/4, it will do nothing besides waste my cards and mana which is dumb.
    Would help ensure Greg plays it well, too.
    Oh yes defender! I didn't think of that; but, it would be awesome.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It should have been a support. It functions just like Iwill or farm in that it triggers when your opponent does something .If it has a confirmation dialogue so that it doesn't auto cast on your own turn , it'll be fine. It's completely dependent on that caveat ,though .
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem with it being a support is that you can't rely on them since the enemy can destroy them before they attack. So I like the _idea_, it does fill a needed hole in the game, it just seems clunky.
    We'll have to see someone experiment with it.
    But I consider it a bit like a beta-test of an idea to use more generally later... We _need_ more "reaction" cards and supports have flaws.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    When casting it during your turn, think of it like this:

Samut = pay 8 mana, give all creatures haste, deal 14 DMG to your opponent

Sky sovereign = 8 mana, deal 5 DMG to all opponent creatures

Etali= 8 mana, deal 6 DMG to your opponent, steal their first card and give it full mana.

Angel = 8 mana, destroy a creature

Hangar back walker = 8 mana 8/8 with flying!!!

When casting it on your turn, it turns into a number of super efficient cards that we would think of as insane if they were standalone cards. So it's more then worth it in most situations, even if the ambush effect is better value.

But don't fall into the trap of avoiding casting it just as a great spell on your turn, because you're waiting to max out value, sometimes just getting good value is enough :) 

Probably my favorite masterpiece of the entire set, and my #1 chase card! I'm hoping they will make more interrupts like this!
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ambush reaction I like the idea of flashing in a disable all creatures till end of turn card to negate the attack phase.  Defender isn't strictly necessary.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since it triggers on attack, what happens if you flash in elder-deep friend?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thuran said:
    Since it triggers on attack, what happens if you flash in elder-deep friend?
    Crash.  But then again, it'll probably crash on anything lol
  • Wafflesauce
    Wafflesauce Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just think, if you Flash in Zacama with Zendikar's Roil and Path of Ancestry on their turn, you can make the match take 10 minutes longer! 

More Magic = more fun, right?! 
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just think, if you Flash in Zacama with Zendikar's Roil and Path of Ancestry on their turn, you can make the match take 10 minutes longer! 

More Magic = more fun, right?! 
    And just like that I really want flash so I can make the most annoying troll deck ever. I wonder if the AI could manage to pull it off. Even 1 time in 100 would make it worth it to me.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just had a thought:  If the AI can play this properly (aka disable a card in its hand), will we be able to see it?  It would be funny if you could see a card full but disabled for the AI and know exactly what's coming.

Considering we've never seen this functionality before I don't have high hopes, but hey, a man can dream
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    I just had a thought:  If the AI can play this properly (aka disable a card in its hand), will we be able to see it?  It would be funny if you could see a card full but disabled for the AI and know exactly what's coming.

Considering we've never seen this functionality before I don't have high hopes, but hey, a man can dream
    You can already tell which cards the AI can or can not cast after they are full of Mana.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What's the point in surprising Greg?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    What's the point in surprising Greg?
    It's not so much about surprise as strategic advantage. I would much rather be able to flash in something like Settle the Wreckage than to play it the turn before and hope it doesn't get destroyed. Same could be said for any creature you would flash in right as attacking starts. Gives Greg the least amount of possibilities to undermine that card.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The benefit of surprising Greg with this is that there is no chance of there being a response to it. If I Flash in a large blocker against Bolas to eat his entire attacking board, there is no opportunity for him to use his loyalty ability or 1 of his 3 fully charged kill spells in hand to remove my blocker, which is exactly what would happen if I hard cast my blocker.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have answers.

I does not ask if you want to cast it or cast the first creature, neither enabled or disabled.

I tried disabling my first and only creature but it does not work it was casted after disbled Flash was triggered.

It could be a really masterpiece if player were asked if casting or not Flash.

In this way and killing the casted creature at the end of the turn it has been casted it should be a rare. 
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    rafalele said:
    I have answers.

I does not ask if you want to cast it or cast the first creature, neither enabled or disabled.

I tried disabling my first and only creature but it does not work it was casted after disbled Flash was triggered.

It could be a really masterpiece if player were asked if casting or not Flash.

In this way and killing the casted creature at the end of the turn it has been casted it should be a rare. 
    I'm quoting you quite often recently ;-)
    I also got flash and I'm afraid it is borderline unplayable. If at least the creature stayed it would have been a nice way to cheat a creature in.
    Please, buff it!
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I also got Flash and if you cast it normally the creature stays as normal.
    If you use it as an interrupt, the creature destroys itself (and the stack also if you have several before).
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    I also got Flash and if you cast it normally the creature stays as normal.
    If you use it as an interrupt, the creature destroys itself (and the stack also if you have several before).
    Not for me, casted Flash normally (Destello in Spanish) in my turn and it took my only creature Tetzimoc in my hand to battlefield. Just after that at the end of my turn Tetzimoc died.

I had no creatures in battlefield.

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yesterday when I used it in three matches my creatures would stay on the board.

But today they destroyed at the end of the turn. Have tried different ways to see if they will stay bit no luck.

Feels like it will end up in the Meh-sterpice category.
    It can fill a small role but the drawbacks are to many.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Flash's free summon works like God-Pharaoh's Gift.
    If you Flash a creature which reinforces one you already have on the board, the Flashed reinforced creature stays.
    If you Flash a creature which was not already on the board, it gets destroyed at the end of the turn.