Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

Just 3 more days to update your profile before the deadline.

In compliance with the upcoming GDPR efforts taking place later this month, we want to provide all forum users information about an update to our Terms of Service that will go into effect on May 21, 2018.

Please copy and paste this URL for details ---> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/updates-to-the-d3-go-forums-terms-of-service

Thank you!

Nico Minoru - When Blood Is Shed... Order of Operations [Investigating]

KojubatKojubat Posts: 75 Match Maker
I noticed this phenomena today while fighting against a Sentry Fighter with Nico. Her blue power "When Blood Is Shed..." does not appear to reset until her own turn.

Nico's countdown was already on the board, as was at least one enemy attack tile. Nico was in front at the end of my turn.
  1. The Sentry Fighter passive Swarm destroyed Nico's countdown.
  2. The enemy made a tile movement, dealing damage to Nico. No countdown appears.
  3. A cascade occurred, dealing secondary and tertiary damage to Nico. No countdown appears.
  4. The enemy attack tile triggered, dealing damage to Nico. No countdown appears.
  5. After moving tiles on my turn, Nico is in front and receives damage. Countdown appears.
This may be a case of "working as designed". It feels counter-intuitive compared to, say, the damage-receiving powers exhibited by Red Hulk, Captain Marvel (Modern), and The Hulk (Indestructible). They may function differently from a mechanical perspective, but would seem to be in the same passive categorization.

My suggestion would be to either revert the power when the countdown is removed, or clearly state in the power/countdown description that the reset occurs on Nico's turn.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,397 Site Admin
    @Kojubat Good question! I'm personally not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but I'll be sure to pass it along to the development team to investigate.
    D3 Go! Community Manager
    -------------
    You are more than welcome to message me, if you require any assistance, however please note that due to the sheer volume of messages I receive, I may not be able to respond back immediately. Thank you for your patience!
    -------------
    My MPQ Roster (Last updated: 4/10/18)
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 1,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've noticed the same behaviour. My gut feeling here is that it was some sort of coding shortcut, because I can't actually think of a situation where it matters whether or not her countdown is out during the enemy turn.
    Farming retals like "I came out to get attacked, and I'm honestly having such a good time right now!"
  • DeNappaDeNappa Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I've noticed the same behaviour. My gut feeling here is that it was some sort of coding shortcut, because I can't actually think of a situation where it matters whether or not her countdown is out during the enemy turn.
    DocOc's 'Insult to injury' could take advantage of this, I guess.
    [ The barbaric Saiya-jin ]
    [ IGN: NappaParappa | Dawnbringers alliance ]
    [ Character wishlist: Namor - Taskmaster - MODOK - Cosmo the Space Dog - J. Jonah Jameson ]
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 1,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good call. Hawkguy on the opposing team would matter as well.
    Farming retals like "I came out to get attacked, and I'm honestly having such a good time right now!"