Nico Minoru - When Blood Is Shed... Order of Operations [Investigating]

Kojubat
Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
I noticed this phenomena today while fighting against a Sentry Fighter with Nico. Her blue power "When Blood Is Shed..." does not appear to reset until her own turn.

Nico's countdown was already on the board, as was at least one enemy attack tile. Nico was in front at the end of my turn.
  1. The Sentry Fighter passive Swarm destroyed Nico's countdown.
  2. The enemy made a tile movement, dealing damage to Nico. No countdown appears.
  3. A cascade occurred, dealing secondary and tertiary damage to Nico. No countdown appears.
  4. The enemy attack tile triggered, dealing damage to Nico. No countdown appears.
  5. After moving tiles on my turn, Nico is in front and receives damage. Countdown appears.
This may be a case of "working as designed". It feels counter-intuitive compared to, say, the damage-receiving powers exhibited by Red Hulk, Captain Marvel (Modern), and The Hulk (Indestructible). They may function differently from a mechanical perspective, but would seem to be in the same passive categorization.

My suggestion would be to either revert the power when the countdown is removed, or clearly state in the power/countdown description that the reset occurs on Nico's turn.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Kojubat Good question! I'm personally not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but I'll be sure to pass it along to the development team to investigate.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've noticed the same behaviour. My gut feeling here is that it was some sort of coding shortcut, because I can't actually think of a situation where it matters whether or not her countdown is out during the enemy turn.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've noticed the same behaviour. My gut feeling here is that it was some sort of coding shortcut, because I can't actually think of a situation where it matters whether or not her countdown is out during the enemy turn.
    DocOc's 'Insult to injury' could take advantage of this, I guess.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good call. Hawkguy on the opposing team would matter as well.