Is the Immortal Sun Broken?

13»

Comments

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    and no i dont use NP in mine not worth it if i can use baral, greg usually takes out a 6/6 zombie over baral. other than desert of the mindand the support removal, i dont have any cycling cards. perilous journey, the 2 cycling ID baral the search for azcanta exuisite flame and the gold zombie i find works great together
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    I’ve just gone through 5.2 if BoFT with a Bolas ID and Immortal Sun deck. All objectives met. The individual cards are not broken. But the combo Might be. But there are PLENTY of Legacy cards that are way more broken than either two cards. They’ve never been touched. 

Anyway, next time on 5.2 I’ll run a similar deck with Karn. His abilities will be helpful to kick off the combo faster...
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Froggy said:
    I’ve just gone through 5.2 if BoFT with a Bolas ID and Immortal Sun deck. All objectives met. The individual cards are not broken. But the combo Might be. But there are PLENTY of Legacy cards that are way more broken than either two cards. They’ve never been touched. 

Anyway, next time on 5.2 I’ll run a similar deck with Karn. His abilities will be helpful to kick off the combo faster...
    You  will find that that build works on about 3 to 4 other nodes as well. Mostly those that say, lose X creatures or less and X life or more. Bolas iD immortal sun como zips right through them like a hot knife through butter 
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Bil said:
    Grixis197 said:
    Immortal Sun not broken you can’t use abilities either only spells cost 2 less and get +1 for your creatures not overpowered at all
       The overpowered part is that you are able to cast spells for free (<2 mana)... Among them are some drawing spells that can create "infinite" loops of drawing/casting spells.
       Its easily abusable with imminent doom or any card that gets an effect on spellcasting.

But there are hardly any <2 mana spells anyway I only use 2 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Froggy said:

Karn's issue is he cant have as many spells as NB... So you end up getting a lot of cards you can't cast. Karn can only use 5 spells at level 60... (which honestly is a mercy... easy to make this deck far better with 5 colors, specifically green)