Red ISO (RISO) usage plans.

Comments

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I have 120k riso and I'm saving until I get a 5* support that's worth the investment . Currently I have the vintage shield 5* but I don't think it's very good and will likely be eclipsed by greater supports in the near future
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I use 4rocket a lot, so I got the Milano to 50, I have a 4 Sharon Carter so I dump the rest into her.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 said:
    I have 120k riso and I'm saving until I get a 5* support that's worth the investment . Currently I have the vintage shield 5* but I don't think it's very good and will likely be eclipsed by greater supports in the near future
    and what does eclipse really mean?

I don't disagree with your assesment of the vintage shield support.  but it is what it is.

A yellowap booster support that generates protects and health.

I would put that support on any 5*/4* with an active yellow and weak health.
    Strange would be a good candidate, it could also work well with carol..

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holding
    Onto 
    Awaiting
    Reasonable
    Distribution
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm currently boycotting supports still 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm currently boycotting supports still 
    How's that working out for you? Have the devs contacted you to ask your demands, yet?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    tchipley said:
    I'm curious to know what peoples plans are for using their RISO.
    I'll probably use it to level up some supports.

Someday.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I didn’t come here to talk about how big my Wong is compared to all of yours... but he can get really huge if I focus my efforts.

Unless their need changes for succeeding in PVE, I will be hoarding red ISO until I can fully upgrade an Infinity Stone to level 250 in one shot. Before essentials, that’s how I used to level characters with regular ISO: save until you can insta-champ. 
  • Borstock
    evade420 said:
    Damn, that's a lot. I have 20k and haven't spent any yet.
  • evade420
    Phumade said:
    evade420 said:
    and what does eclipse really mean?

I don't disagree with your assesment of the vintage shield support.  but it is what it is.

A yellowap booster support that generates protects and health.

I would put that support on any 5*/4* with an active yellow and weak health.
    Strange would be a good candidate, it could also work well with carol..

By eclipse I guess what I'm referring to power creep. Compare early 4*s like fury or IW to the current meta on that tier . I feel like supports are a long play and while they definitely contain some interesting strategy currently. there will inevitably be a gambit strength support that gets released that makes the vintage shield look like... a vintage shield .

As for the shield I've seen the level 250 numbers and they just don't play well in the 5* world , it won't make a big enough difference to be a must equip item. For now it'll be equipped to necro cap until I've acquired something better , id use it on strange be he's equipped with 4* wong which is pretty cool . Still I'm hoarding the riso in anticipation of something new to be released but i won't be holding my breath either , patience is a virtue when it comes to enjoying this game , and I like it a lot
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I've leveled a handful of them up to level 25. It doesn't cost very much to get to 25 and it gives me an idea of how useful it  is. I'm sitting on about 24K RISO right now and could level one of them up to about 55, but for the moment I prefer the flexibility to the small gain those levels would get me.
  • Liftoff
    Liftoff Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Say I have a 1* and then get a 2* of the same support.  Do I lose the riso I put into it?
  • Borstock
    Liftoff said:
    Say I have a 1* and then get a 2* of the same support.  Do I lose the riso I put into it?
    No. It's just like getting another cover for a hero you've levelled. It just enables you to go higher while opening up the additional mechanisms.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Since there is no way to lose Red Iso invested into a support, I am raising my best one every chance I get. Yesterday my Rank 4 Lucky reached level 100. I know that I may get a support I would rather level down the line, but until then I will have gotten as much use as possible from what I have.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I plan to sit on it until supports matter.
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited May 2018
    I have a 266 Dr Strange so I pulled the trigger and dumped all my RISO into 4* Wong.
    Been playing with strange a lot to test it out. Hasn't made much of a difference.

I'm getting the feeling the support will be like the critical boosts and the character specific boosts...a non-factor.

Edit: Oh and thank you all for the comments. It helped a lot.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Love supports! 
    I capped my dog to 50 right away, then I got 5* Corvus. So now I'm sinking everything into building a super-Loki. 
    25-50...100k ain't kitty. I just passed into the 50's on corvus and its 1k a level. 3 10  20 10 grains at a time.
    First to maxchamp a support wins a no-prize!

#ricefamine
  • evade420
    Can we use them in crash of titans battle?
    If so a leveled up support might make a big difference when you have the required 4* undercovered
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    evade420 said:
    Can we use them in crash of titans battle?
    If so a leveled up support might make a big difference when you have the required 4* undercovered
    Yes they can be used in the Crash.. and it does help :)
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I pulled a 4*Henchman and found it fun on Carnage, but the riso price quickly got to high, for me, for what little you get back in return on the lvl up.  Im just hoarding now (around 22K), waiting for the adjustment to be made.  

If I had a 5* henchman I might put everything I had in it because I can see that being awesome on Carnage at a high lvl.