Red ISO (RISO) usage plans.

tchipley
tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
I'm curious to know what peoples plans are for using their RISO.

Are you spending it to level up 1* supports or only 3* and higher supports?

Are you hoarding it waiting for a specific support or a yet to be released support?

I'm sitting on about 29K RISO and was just looking for some insight on what to do.

I have a 4* Wong also.

Comments

• djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Hoarding until usefull 🗿
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really,  you need to figure out what your dominant tactics are.

Do your best teams favor specials?
    Which color combos do you actively use?

For the most part, the supports are actually fairly well defined.

They either

a:  Buff tiles
    B.  Change match damage
    c.  generate specials
    d. generate ap.
    e. blah blah blah

So if you find that your a Dr. STrange user,  then 4* Wong is a nobrainer.  So there really is no such thing as a must have support.  It really just depends on who you use as your main team.

I run SL5, with 4* grocket (so element guns and milano are no brainers for those chars).  Let us know your 3 most common teams and we can tell you which supports work well

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am sitting on and ignoring all supports and RISO until they are implemented in the game in a more sensible way. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It depends on your strategy. If your strategy is simply to end each match as quickly as possible, then support is not useful at the moment. If you like working with special tiles or fortification, there are a couple of useful ones even at level 1. I believe the perks support different types of strategies available in the game. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Right now i am upgrading my 4* Corvus Glaive (equipped by 5* Thanos :D ). It is the best support i have and i doubt i will get 5* Supp sometimes in this decade.
    Its power cannot compete with the power of characters i am using, but its better than nothing and every second saved in PvE is appreciated. It is better that leaving RISO rotting, and after chance for support token from vault was increased from 1,25% to 3,75%, i think RISO income willl rise a bit.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have one level 4, wong, and all my red iso goes into that. The rest are level 2 or 1 so dont see the point in putting anything into those. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hoarded for a little while, but after pulling a 2* Sharon Carter, I have been putting it on her. Been running America Chavez with 5*s on the high level nodes and the extra damage is a few hundred a round.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    djrdjr said:
    Hoarding until usefull 🗿
    Me too.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was pretty easy to level up some supports to around lv 20 or even lv 30. But then you can get thousands of riso and see that at that point, all you can do is level up your support from lv 30 to say lv 33, and then I just kind of give up, because what's the point? So I'll now need to grind like crazy for months on end just to raise from lv 30 to lv 38 instead?
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards

Been putting all my Riso in a 3* Wong as I use Strange3 at least 20 times a day. Lv 61 now and I can see it triggering quite a few times.

Put a little bit in Star Lord's 2* Guns, just to get the extra AP at start of the game.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 15/18 of the non-stone supports (I did the 3* Strange and 3* Thanos deals), but I've only put any RIso into six of them: 3* Wong, 3* Element Guns, 2* Lucky, 2* Milano, 2* Destroyer Gun and 1* Sharon Carter.  Right now they are all at Lv38.  So far, Wong and Element Guns have been the most useful (although Lucky was outstanding in Kate's boost week and Milano is good for the extra Grocket damage when I use them), so I'll probably focus on those two once I get the others to ~Lv50.  I'm largely only screwing around with supports, though, rather than making any effort to optimize them, so I'm positive I'm objectively wasting resources here.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I got a 5* Wong Support from the the 4* Rocket & Groot HFH offer they had a while back that had the Master token in it. I have poured all my Red ISO into that Support since then. I have him up to Level 83 so far. I equipped him to 3* Strange who I use everyday in PVE anyway and it has fired off a lot each match. It is very useful for me at least. I'm going to put all the Red ISO I get only to this Support until I max it out. Those are my plans for a long time since it will take a while. 
  • 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Since Grocket4 is the my most used cover, I’m Hoarding and waiting to pull the Milano. This is my priority.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I put the element blasters on Gambit, and I'm leveling them to 50.  He fires powers frequently and I use him constantly, so there's a good chance of getting those attack tiles on the board.  By themselves they're weak, but when I pair him up with OML it doubles up his strikes.

I've also been leveling my highest rank one - rank 3 destroyer gun, on OML.  It boosts his purple a bit allowing him to tank for some teammates, and paired with America has a higher likelihood of match-5's to fortify his own strikes.

Every other support seems pretty useless.  I have the original gift batch all attached to various heroes, but I don't remember to whom or what they do.  Haven't bothered to assign the rank 2 thanos goons or other things (sharon carter maybe?) I got from the token gifts.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    My highest level support is still only a level 2. I don't want to put all of my riso in a level 2 and then pull a level 4 or 5 support, so I'm just hoarding.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

I like fortifying tiles, it's fun, so I leveled my Rank 2 Destroyer Gun.  It's 93 right now.  For a similar reason I put some levels into Corvus Glaive, but his % seem lower so I may stop.  Wong is on my list of things to level too, despite the fact he's level 2 he'll add to my blue AP which is useful.

Many of the supports are useful at rank 1, so I really don't see why you shouldn't put RISO into the ones you plan to use - if you pull a higher rank later it will only increase it's level Cap.

• Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I’m waiting until I get a level 5 support that I want and then I’ll start leveling.  Or possibly lower if it’s incorporated in pvp and I need to change some tanking.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    I’ve got 16/18 of the non-stone supports. I’ve decided to try and get them all to level 50. Have 3x4*, 3x3*, 8x2*, and2x1*. No 5* yet.
    As of today I have them all at lvl 40. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    all the supports are decent.  you have just have to be thoughtful in who and why you equip them.  Take a look at the teams you actually run and why you run them.  There are decent supports that work will all types of chars
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like special tiles. So I have been putting my riso on to my highest level sup that fortified them. Which is a 4* destroyer gun. It has just over a 10% chance at start of every turn to fortify a special. I like it.