Marvel Insider Reward 3* Peggy Carter?(Resolved) 4* Peggy at Marvel Insider 100K points

jtsings
jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
   On the Marvel insider rewards page it says In the title "Get the Marvel Puzzle Quest 4-Star Peggy Carter (Captain America) Reward!" but then in the further description it says: 
"Grab (1) 3-Star Peggy Carter to recruit to your Marvel Puzzle Quest roster! Limit one (1) per Marvel Insider member."  Are we getting a Peggy 3* that hasn't been announced yet or can we really get a 4* Peggy for 100k insider points?

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018

Interesting, it does say that.  I could see it going either way - Peggy is their darling so I could see them giving her out at a relatively low rate.  I could also see them adding a 3-Star version of her, particularly since we'll have another 5* coming up in 2-4 weeks.

I have about 230,000 points burning a hole in my pocket!  I'll  take that risk - it will be awesome to have another level for 4* Peggy, but it won't be awful to get a leg up on a new 3* version.

I'll let you know what happens, but I'm sure we'll all know if there's a new version before it's fulfilled. :)

• SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Interesting. My money here is on this being 4-star Peggy and someone just did a copy/paste and didn't update the star rating.

I am tempted to spend 100k on this, but, I am very close to 300k and getting the 8500 HP, so, I'm probably going to wait on that.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I jumped on it since after I got the HP one there have been nothing but 3* ones. So I finally get to use those points for something. I don't play the other Marvel games they offer rewards for, so there's not much to choose from. 
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    The 8500 HP is a better deal still, but one time only if you have enough for both
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 208K points.  I should probably hold out for the 300K deal, but this is better than most single cover offerings by a long shot.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Brigby addressed the typo here:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72586/peggy-carter-in-comics-celebration-updated-5-10-18/p5

I'm probably going to jump on this deal, and continue to save for the 8500 as people have stated, it's rare to see a 4* offer.
  • jtsings
       So I wonder if that means it's going to go up in price or stay at the 100k.  If it's 100k then I would encourage everyone to jump on it even if it's just a champ level for my Peggy.  I jumped on it yesterday so we'll see what happens.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the price is correct. 300k gets you 8500HP. Hero for hire has 2x 4*s being offered for slightly less. 100k for a 4* looks about right
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    What color Peggy do you get? Random? Asking as an owner of a 2-5-2 Peggy...
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I only just started a Marvel Insider account and only have 28k pts, where do pts usually come from? I only vaguely remember a couple of promos for pts before, any guesses how frequently they run, and if this Peggy offer will expire before I can rummage up the 70k I need?
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Contest of champions gives the most points. 80k per month
  • jtsings
    What color Peggy do you get? Random? Asking as an owner of a 2-5-2 Peggy...

Unfortunately it doesn't say.  I've only gotten the 8500 hero points before and not a character cover.

Contest of champions gives the most points. 80k per month

It does take a few months, unless you are really skilled at the game, to get a good enough roster but within a few months I was able to start getting at least 40k points a month without spending any money.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Akari said:
    I only just started a Marvel Insider account and only have 28k pts, where do pts usually come from? I only vaguely remember a couple of promos for pts before, any guesses how frequently they run, and if this Peggy offer will expire before I can rummage up the 70k I need?
    I did it the long way: go to Marvel and Marvel Insider every day, click on all the links you can and sign up for any PvPs when they come up; got 500k points in about 1 year, so that's 8500 HP, a 3* Thanos and now a Peggy cover.

Peggy cover should arrive by 15 June, so it's reasonable to think that's when the offer will expire.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Alfje17 said:

Peggy cover should arrive by 15 June, so it's reasonable to think that's when the offer will expire.
    Event states you have to apply for the Peggy cover by May 31st.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    I picked it up as well, I was saving for the HP but this seems like as good a use of these points as anything. Resume saving for HP after this.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    jtsings said:
       On the Marvel insider rewards page it says In the title "Get the Marvel Puzzle Quest 4-Star Peggy Carter (Captain America) Reward!" but then in the further description it says: 
    "Grab (1) 3-Star Peggy Carter to recruit to your Marvel Puzzle Quest roster! Limit one (1) per Marvel Insider member."  Are we getting a Peggy 3* that hasn't been announced yet or can we really get a 4* Peggy for 100k insider points?
    Thanks for pointing that out.  That is actually a typo, no 3-star Peggy in the works right now.  Just the 4-star one in the game right now.
  • jtsings
    Thanks LakeStone for the clarification on that I will make sure I spread the news to my Alliance mates because that's a really good value for a 4* Peggy!
  • jtsings
    edited May 2018
    BTW it's fixed on the website now:

"Cost
    100,000 points

Ends in 15 days
    Get the Marvel Puzzle Quest 4-Star Peggy Carter (Captain America) Reward!
    Redeemable until 5/31/18.

Grab (1) 4-Star Peggy Carter to recruit to your Marvel Puzzle Quest roster! Limit one (1) per Marvel Insider member"
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    A reminder for people, the 30,000 points from the Peggy event were just awarded in Marvel Insider. If you were waiting for those points to be able to redeem the Peggy Carter cover, you have until tomorrow to do so.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love another MPQ activity soon...just 6200 points for me to get to 300,000.