Unstable Iso-8 - 5/10/18 run - A plea to the developers

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
Yes, it has been over two weeks since Captain America (Infinity War) was released, but I think I'd be pretty safe to say not everyone got one of those.  At the start of the Unstable Iso-8 event on 5/10/18, Beardy Cap will have been in Latest tokens for less that 72 hours (if playing in S1).  

This is ridiculous and is way too short a time between a 5E being placed in tokens and when they are required.

Please tell me that it was a typo and it should be the Civil War Variant as the 5E and not the IW variant.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It must surely be the CW varient since they're giving away covers for those with a 280+ Peggy.
  • pheregas
    Posted by @Brigby

Unstable Iso-8 - 3 Day Variant (5/10/18) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Captain America (Infinity War)
    4-Star: Peggy Carter
    3-Star: Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
    2-Star: Hawkeye (Modern)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Of course it is LumberCap. Got to give people a motivation to spend their CP to get the latest shiny, right?

Besides, we are in a Latest cycle for fivestar Essentials, and I Think Civil War Cap isn't due as an essential until some time this fall...

• pheregas
    Quebbster said:

Of course it is LumberCap. Got to give people a motivation to spend their CP to get the latest shiny, right?

Besides, we are in a Latest cycle for fivestar Essentials, and I Think Civil War Cap isn't due as an essential until some time this fall...

LumberCap.  Nice.  Hadn't heard that one before.  :)

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    They'd better do Lumbercap now. I broke of a small piece of my hoard to get him rostered before Unstable Iso. Took me six pulls, but thanks to champ levels for Yondu (280 for an LT) and Medusa (282 for 3 CP) it was less than 5 pulls to get him. The rest of the covers also did not go to waste. Good stuff. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    They'd better run him because you spent 6 pulls to get him?  Took me 63 before I got a single Cap cover lol.  And I had an 11% 5* pull rate in that span (typical for me sadly).

Oh and as far as waste goes I have covers for four different 4* characters I don't have champed on my vine.  And one of the characters is 5/2/5, meaning I'll need a HFH to save her dying covers.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    They'd better run him because you spent 6 pulls to get him?  Took me 63 before I got a single Cap cover lol.  And I had an 11% 5* pull rate in that span (typical for me sadly).

Oh and as far as waste goes I have covers for four different 4* characters I don't have champed on my vine.  And one of the characters is 5/2/5, meaning I'll need a HFH to save her dying covers.
    Just linked to that, I only have 6 4* not champed, and 2 of those are 1-5-5, which is more than a little annoying.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is now observed that the pattern of Latest 5e's follows release order.  The next 5E is the one that came after the current one and wraps around when needed, skipping anyone that is not in Latest any longer.  Looking back it has been this way since approximately 10/29.

We had both Archie and GRRR as 5e's about 1 week after entering tokens.  There have been some skips from boss events and one weird cycle in late December/early January where Thor was skipped in the group of 3 for Archangel, even though he was released after Gambit and should have followed him.

But having JJ first in the cycle right now means Lumbercap falls next.  For the next 6 weeks-ish, the Latest 5E order will be JJ/LCap/GRRR, then two classics.  Repeat.

It is more fair for the devs to follow a pattern they establish than to arbitrarily change it up.  Some players who went hard for Cap are going to be happy to have him as a 5E as soon as possible, while other players who haven't pulled one will be upset.  There's no pleasing everyone thanks to RNG.

(Note:  I could not play the 5E in the first two events with AA thanks to RNG hating me.... so I sympathize.)
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

I didn't say it was a bad run, I just went from official information to break my hoarding streak and it would be a shame if that was unnecessary. ;) That's all. 
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    It's unfortunate but it's also hardly the end of the world to not have the 5 essential for 1 event out of 20.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's amusing they do these things to presumably discourage hoarding, yet every time one of those 'special' vaults (like the one with Cap/Hawkeye/Widow) are available it's the hoarders who benefit the most. I've had a LumberCap for weeks.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    It's still possible to get full progression without the 5* essential, isn't it?
  • pheregas
    Yes, you can reach progression as you only need 5x each node, not counting the 5E.

What you won't get are placement prizes nor extra CP every sub, so hope you didn't need any Nico covers.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    But you will not be able to compete for placement.
  • Quebbster
    Arphaxad said:
    Well, that depends on the bracket. You will certainly be handicapped, but a lazy bracket in a lower SCL (where the fivestar node is worth less) might still net you good placement.
    Whether the rewards are worth it is another discussion.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally, the only time we should be complaining about a latest 5* essential being used is for new character releases. I'll happily skip the 5* essential this event, it's only a 3-day event. It's not a huge loss.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    Arphaxad said:
    Well, that depends on the bracket. You will certainly be handicapped, but a lazy bracket in a lower SCL (where the fivestar node is worth less) might still net you good placement.
    I'm usually happy with top 50 for PvE. If I can scrape that without the 5E being available this time, I will be happy. 

pheregas said:
    What you won't get are placement prizes nor extra CP every sub, so hope you didn't need any Nico covers.
    I've got Nico fully covered, but my iso always seems to be needed elsewhere. I will get round to champing her eventually. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster said:
    Arphaxad said:
    I'm usually happy with top 50 for PvE. If I can scrape that without the 5E being available this time, I will be happy. 
    Considering a lot of people are unable to play the fivestar node, I don't think getting top 50 will be difficult with a bit of dedication.