What are your plans in your spending habits?

2»

Comments

• Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    I will only buy VIP going forward
    I'm not spending any other money until we get a new type of game play.  That doesn't mean a new event.  That doesn't mean a new boss.  All events are the same, only the story and the nodes change.  I want NEW!!!!  A whole other tab that isn't Prologue/Story/Versus.  Give us something puzzley.  Give us a gauntlet in place of the prologue that changes every time your Shield rank increases.  Give us Boss Rushes.  Give us anything that isn't an in-game commodity.  (Commodity = new character, support, etc..) 

GIVE US SOMETHING NEW!!! 
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I will only buy VIP going forward
         After my last customer service experience where I was lied to about one time exchanges for classic tokens, I'm questioning paying the VIP fee to play the game.
          The policy regarding classic 5* exchanges is mind numbing. Once a character leaves latests, they may as well be dead to us. Players who are new will never get them covered.
          Tokens and command points spent represent a certain amount of time played or money invested in the game. Failure to exchange duplicate 5* covers tells the customer that they are wasting their time and money on the game. 
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I am free to play player only and do not spend money on this game.
    In full disclosure, I spent $20 on a logan's loonies sale back in 2015 (I felt the game was worth about that price tag), but took a year long break a few months later. I've been free-to-play since my return. I would be willing to spend more if the Devs significantly improved gameplay to a point I feel it's a match with games of a similar price tag. New character ≠ improved gameplay.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Other (explain below)

Last Poll of the day, I promise.  This is kind of tied to the playing poll, but really about spending/supporting the game. 

What are your plans for spending in the game going forward?

Other:  I'll spend $2 a month for the intercept bonuses, and occasionally spend $20 when there's a sale.  But until I see a commitment to fixing long-standing issues in PvP (character balance and MMR fixes), I'm not going to be opening my wallet as often.
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Other (explain below)
    I set myself a budget at the beginning of the year but with the increase in the cost of the booster packs I exceeded it.  So I should cut back until father 's day but I know myself and depending on what's in the next booster might get that.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I plan on spending about the same going forward
    I try to limit myself to one Pittance a month to get intercepts. I have gotten good deals at a higher price (like the discounted HP during Easter), but I will try to keep my spending low, preferably only spending Google credit and not actual money on the game.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Other (explain below)
    I used to but I haven't in a long time. It's not really anything the company has done but more my own situations. That and I feel the game plays perfectly fine without throwing money into it after you hit a certain point as long as you aren't trying to immediately 13 cover the latest 5*. Even early game it isn't too bad.

Will I buy-in in the future? Possibly but I doubt it will be anything more than the VIP... unless they introduce colorless covers. Then I'll just have to do something else.
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    None of the above
    I haven't played since late 2016, so I've been tempted to spend money just to get enough roster slots for all the new 3*, 4* and 5* I've missed out on. But I feel like F2P progression right now is fast/good enough that I won't need the extra stuff I get from either VIP or buying HP.

Also: what are intercept bonuses? 
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Unfortunately, I can't spend money in the game for now.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I plan on spending about the same going forward
    Krongle said:
    I haven't played since late 2016, so I've been tempted to spend money just to get enough roster slots for all the new 3*, 4* and 5* I've missed out on. But I feel like F2P progression right now is fast/good enough that I won't need the extra stuff I get from either VIP or buying HP.

Also: what are intercept bonuses? 
    If you spend any money on the game at all, then for the next month you will get random bonus rewards after competeing story missions like PVE nodes and DDQ nodes. 

“It is possible to receive the following Bonus Rewards: 1 Command Point, 100 Hero Points, 2,000 Iso-8, 1 Heroic token, 1 Elite Token, 25 Hero Points, 1,000 Iso-8, 10 Hero Points, or 500 Iso-8.”

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-is-a-bonus-reward&l=en

This is is absolutely worth a $2 a month purchase which all I spend and will continue to spend. Unlike others outraged by the horrible rollout of supports, I still enjoy the game very much (if I didn’t I’d leave). So l’ll continue to spend the same (not much) and play the the same (way too much) amount going forward. 

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Other (explain below)
    I used to VIP and buy other products before vaulting. I quit paying on that decision. Then it was whales, whales, whales focus since then so no, I'm free to play till they focus on new game play, better VIP, or more progression less placement.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I'm done spending on this game. 
    The majority of the other marvel games give you thanos.
    What do you get here? Another duplicate cap and black widow.
    Infinity war was 10 years in the making and all MPQ can give you is two duplicates.

For me that says it all, they have lost touch with the player base. 
    Every single one of us should've received a Thanos cover. The end.