What are your plans in your spending habits?

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards

Last Poll of the day, I promise.  This is kind of tied to the playing poll, but really about spending/supporting the game. 

What are your plans for spending in the game going forward?

What are your plans in your spending habits? 111 votes

I plan on spending more going forward
0%
beyonderbub 1 vote
I plan on spending about the same going forward
15%
QuebbsterColognoisseurrixmithfmftintBlindman13jreddNick441234Daredevil217evade420bluewolfFokaiHISNKAllenPants1000nwahs086METT-T dependentPolly_P1BigSoftieFF 17 votes
I plan on spending less going forward
22%
Dragon_NexusKolenceHadronicJonny1PunchTaganovDartmaster01BasepuzzlerESN91Mr BaconCharlieCrokerDyingLegendInfectiousYawntherightwayeNikita-KRod5qandolsReecohnycjonnyYepyeptwistmonkey 25 votes
I will only buy VIP going forward
17%
afsplatxKOBALTxSeriouslySnowcaTTmoss04Doc LaesthetocystEichenThe rockettCalnexin658rg72Steve111pfarewellgenappCactus_Jack_87Shintok17gmtoscaLoneHawkeye 19 votes
I only make a small purchace for the Intercept bonus going forward
18%
sinnerjflkillercoolCaptainFreakyfrachrStax the FoyerRagnarokOrionGoBucsGowaywrethkrak0Crnch73Bubba3210LifeofAgonyPalookaville0_FahrenheitmadoctorHeartbreaksoupScofieJrlrmaSagetopian 20 votes
I am free to play player only and do not spend money on this game.
16%
GumisKNeuromancerPunter1wymtimeTiggidaStevO-JMoosePrimePolarPopBearOver__FlowAlfje17Coulson_LivesJabrony_GeoffStraycatMonsoon3Pr0spect0rkk3thessomenskittledaddy 18 votes
Other (explain below)
8%
UNC_SamuraiPunisher5784mega ghostTeeScreen MonkeyRoland113WumpushunterdragonreaderPenniesForEveryone 9 votes
None of the above
1%
KrongleJomu5 2 votes

Comments

• The rockett
    I have cut down my spending to only VIP.  I used to do 1-3 stark buys.  To be honest during digital days, I bought a lot and now I fully regret it. 
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would buy the occasional package deals, but RNG has gotten everything so muddled....it seems pointless to spend.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Other (explain below)
    I have cut down my spending to only VIP.  I used to do 1-3 stark buys.  To be honest during digital days, I bought a lot and now I fully regret it. 

I spent a good bit during digital day too, but I don't regret it at all.  I got what I paid for, and enjoyed 5 full months now of a seriously beefed up roster.

I'll buy VIP for as long as I am actively playing, but withholding all other spending until next Digital Day.....if I'm still playing by then.
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Zero to be precise...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other (explain below)
    When I returned from my last retirement I decided not to buy VIP again, but the past few SCL deals have been good. I bought a few of those but those are one-time deals so idk if I'll be spending anymore unless they continue to have those good deals. Unfortunately, Supports are underwhelming for me and that will be their focus on packages, which means I probably won't be buying.
  • The rockett
    Man. Forgot SCL deals.   Sorry.  
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Other (explain below)
    I will no longer spend money on this game (or any game made / produced by this company)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do $1.99 every 30 days and intend to continue so voted spend the same
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other (explain below)
    I used to spend money but no longer do. I stopped when vaulting happened and all of my roster plans went to hell as I realized that the rug could be pulled out from under us at any moment with no recourse. I came really close to spending again when they had the SCL 8 Bundle and Thanos Heroes for Hire deal, but when it became apparent that supports were being implemented in a completely nonsense manner and it was unlikely that we were getting any notable Infinity War content I backed off.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    How many polls is Rockett gonna create today?

• Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I had some money set aside to spend in-game because I was sure they would do something cool for IW. After seeing what they ruined the steam ui for, I couldn't bring myself to give them any positive reinforcement for it. I was also on the fence about renewing my VIP last time it came around. This time, not on the fence at all. My spending is definitely done and possibly my playing also.
  • The rockett
    Hadronic said:
    How many polls is Rockett gonna create today?

3.  Final answer. Next one Monday.  Promise. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    ZeroKarma said:

Can someone point to anything worth buying in this game right now other than shields?

Once they went to the "...and Friends" vaults for the new 4*'s I pretty much stopped spending HP except on exceptional limited vaults. I used to buy 2-3 of the old new 4* stores where they were the only 4* you could get, but the "...and Friends" vault are total garbage. Hopefully their metrics show this as many of the others who used to do this stopped as well.

That said, I'm sitting on a mountain of HP with nothing really to spend it on. I'm not gonna spend it just for the sake of spending it, so it just sits there...
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I plan on spending more going forward
    Buy clubs...here I come!
  • bigdgaff
    bigdgaff Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I have reduced my spending since the recent downgrade to the Steam UI.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    ZeroKarma said:

Can someone point to anything worth buying in this game right now other than shields?

Once they went to the "...and Friends" vaults for the new 4*'s I pretty much stopped spending HP except on exceptional limited vaults. I used to buy 2-3 of the old new 4* stores where they were the only 4* you could get, but the "...and Friends" vault are total garbage. Hopefully their metrics show this as many of the others who used to do this stopped as well.

That said, I'm sitting on a mountain of HP with nothing really to spend it on. I'm not gonna spend it just for the sake of spending it, so it just sits there...

Totally agree with you on the new 4* release packs. I have never gotten the featured 4* in one of those despite at least 10 purchases. The odds are just sooooo awful. 

I will admit that I bought a 40 pack with HP just to DO something. There's no special Infinity War content to purchase or play around with. I'm hoarding because the current 5* in Latest aren't great. 

Not really looking forward to a new season of the same old recycled events over and over. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Re:  Vaults.  Longtime vets know that all stores at one point were repeated random pulls.  Then vaults were introduced for non new release PVEs.  I believe that vaults get more “casual money” because you see the thing you want on screen instead of in an odds window, and each token makes you feel closer to getting what you want.  Never mind the actual odds of pulling the cover you want (1/80) vs before. (I’m not sure what they were.)

Now, we’ve had “and Friends” vaults for some time - 6 months - with no change in practice.  I believe the old new release stores are gone.  Do the new vaults bring in more money?  Or at least the same amount?  It pretty much has to be one of these or they’d change things.

Even if less whales/knowledgeable spenders chase the current vaults, I would guess more people overall spend on them.  And we can’t blame the devs for trying to increase their revenue.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    VIP feels like a decent value, and as long as I'm playing the game I feel like supporting it.  I don't imagine I'll be buying any more Starks, though.  I used to do at least one on the 30% bonus holidays, but I've reached a point where a couple of 40-packs will not substantially improve my experience.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Other (explain below)
    As much as I hate to say it, I chose 'other' for the 'I used to spend money but don't anymore'.

The four star rate of awards is horrible for me and the consistency of getting that sixth cover  on a 5/5/0 toon just kills me.   . . . and you know what I have to look forward to if I make it through this phase.  The same exact problem with the heightened rarity of the five star tier.  It's nothing angry at the game or anything, it's just become not worth the time to put in to play semi-competitively anymore.  Sure I'll do some of the DDQ nodes most of the time, maybe jump in on team events, but that's really about it.