MtGPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/25/18)

Options

Comments

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
     That's a personal feeling of course.
      I never found the event very exciting actually, its probably the PVE event i found less interesting and challenging since the beginning.
       Bolas himself was tough and really challenging as long as players didnt know the no creature trick, but it became a free fight after that, and event lost his salt with it. (None is forced to play it creatureless so that point is arguable too)

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boss health is a bad idea that needs to be retired.

And events need to give RIx boosters not HoD boosters.  HoD is a zombie curse, it just never dies.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beware of what you ask: if they remove boss health in rotgp, it will last five days! 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby I have a question -- why are former events being run in current Standard? Wouldn't it be better for them to be run with the Standard set they were designed to be run with?

I think that available cards were probably taken into account, especially with PvE, so I'm wondering why the change?

Also have the bugs on Bolas HoD been fixed? 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    @Brigby I have a question -- why are former events being run in current Standard? Wouldn't it be better for them to be run with the Standard set they were designed to be run with?

I think that available cards were probably taken into account, especially with PvE, so I'm wondering why the change?

Also have the bugs on Bolas HoD been fixed? 

I had originally thought it made sense to lock events into their own sets, their own versions of standard, but that makes them forever stale...
    We could certainly do with some "well documented" regular changes every now and then though...

Like I'd love to play RotGP as Legacy as a once off and then put it back to standard. It was new and refreshing to play it with Rivals and Ixalan and after Dominaria it'll be totally new again. Locking it to Amonkhet would hurt it's long term survival.

Like Shadows and Terrors are always Legacy and I'd love to play standard version of them but that doesn't work with the tribal requirements (especially werewolves), the closest you could do is "Standard+" where it's whatever standard is plus their specific sets.

(Also with rewards... Locking events to their specific rewards is good in one way since many people need some way to access the old cards apart from BC but people need the new cards more... Maybe things could be mixed up a bit and future reward structures set up to be the appropriate set for the event except for the final prize which is always from the latest, and coded to just be "latest" so as the sets change no further coding is needed to update old things.)
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hour of Devastation.  Yuck.

I'd skip it if it were not coalition.  Have zero desire to play that ever again.

Why not Inventor's Fair or something?
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby can we see the event schedule for the week of May 18th?
  • bk1234
    Options
    I wish we had something to do this weekend besides HOD. 
  • Bil
    Options
       I just noticed we only had a single legacy pve event running over two weeks.   We used to get one per week since decades now ... Is anything planned to give us something to do this week? 
  • Gilesclone
    Options
    And what is the point of making these PvE events last 4 days.  You can either beat them in one or two or you can’t. The extra days are meaningless 
  • Bil
    Options
    Actually ... Can we get some events please ? Any event ... Players need to be fed ... We're starving to death ! 
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree with the consensus that the rewards for these events should be RIX packs.  We already have TotP for HOU packs and AXLN for XLN packs.  I've been unable to spare crystals to buy RIX packs, and so with Dominaria almost here I've managed to collect a total of just five RIX rares, because there are almost no opportunities to get packs of the set.  I don't mind playing old events, but it wouldn't hurt to update the rewards!
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, only one event this weekend and if you don't have Bolas you miss a third of it.
    It's hard to motivate players to keep playing when there actually is NOTHING for them to play.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    (5/09/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What if the lack of new events and the delay in showing next week sneak peak is because next week is dominaria week?
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    What if the lack of new events and the delay in showing next week sneak peak is because next week is dominaria week?
    That would be nice, but I can't imagine setting up events is much more then clicking a couple buttons for them. They've got to have the setup for events automated; they just put in a start/end time and hit go, the servers handle the rest.
  • Gilesclone
    Options
    @Brigby 2 coalition events at the same time?  Please tell me that’s a mistake.
  • bk1234
    Options
    Wait... what? Is this a mistake?
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why.....? What did we do to get overlapping events...?
    :-(