What is your Sim climbing team? What is your defensive team?

2»

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love fighting Gambit/Thor teams because the AI is so dumb on defense.  Gambit will not fire his red sometimes because it wants to fire Thor's instead but can't.  So that can save you big damage on your side.  Just load up on your own red until he finally fires it the first time, and by then you should have enough to finish their Gambit off.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll climb with several teams:
    Rhulk/Carol/Grocket
    Rogue/Vulture/Prof X
    Gamora/Sandman/Vulture
    Peggy/Moon Knight/IM40
    Carol/Wasp/C&D
    Chavez/Mockingbird/MEHulk
    and more...

On defense I try to leave out Medusa/Carnage with either Mr. F or Iceman
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Gambit/DD/Thor or Gambit/Thor/Chavez for climbing

Gambit/JJ/Thor for defense
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    For initial climbing I used a smattering of teams:

- Red Hulk/Carol/Rocket

Just murdering the Guardiandusa trio littered throughout Sim. Thanks to all the players unwilling to switch it up!  The climb to 2K was super easy thanks to them, as those matches are less than a minute to compete. 

The point of this team (especially against the Medusa-Rocket-Gamora godhead) eludes me. Would you mind briefly explaining how/why it works? (Partly it's bc I don't quite have Red Hulk champed yet -- soon, I'm hoping.)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:

- Red Hulk/Carol/Rocket

Just murdering the Guardiandusa trio littered throughout Sim. Thanks to all the players unwilling to switch it up!  The climb to 2K was super easy thanks to them, as those matches are less than a minute to compete. 

The point of this team (especially against the Medusa-Rocket-Gamora godhead) eludes me. Would you mind briefly explaining how/why it works? (Partly it's bc I don't quite have Red Hulk champed yet -- soon, I'm hoping.)

Rulk gets angry with every enemy match, makes a countdown, that improves Grocket's strikes with Carol's passive.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    0-1000: Trying out different fun teams
    1000-1500: Mostly Grocket/Gamora/Medusa
    1500-2000: C4rol/Rulk/Grocket
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    For fast climbs my offensive team is
    70% C4rol / Gr4cket / Ind. Hulk and
    20% Vulture/ Peggy / C&D. 
    I would never leave the first team as my defensive team because the opponent can easily defeat those by stunning Hulk or hitting the other two. The latter team is very annoying as a defensive team IMO although the AI might actually play it not optimally by using Vulture's blue instead of Peggy's. 
    The other 10 % I'm playing with newly champed 4* chars to test them. 
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    GamBolt/Chavez to climb, GamBolt/5trange as a defensive team if I care enough to change. 5trange seems to attract more wipes, so must be better defensively. 
  • Offensive i use gambolt + bleu users with stuns(doc ock/aa/gamora/Peggy/Mr fantastic)

on defense I let gambolt+PP (enemy should kill gambit then bolt and may take big hits from PP red/green that should have enough ap by then) it is not dissuassive but the best I can do yet 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    I pretty much ran my Gambit, Daredevil, and Vulture, for offense and defense. They are my only 2 champed 5*s and vulture is just annoying. 

I have Gambit at 3-5-5, Daredevil at 5-5-3 to maximise his heal and green, Vulture I go 5-3-5. All green goes to daredevil,  between vulture and gambit enemy special tiles do not hang around very long.

Is it just me or does the enemy vulture gain more black than your own vulture? I swear I'll use his black and he'll earn 4 AP, but when the enemy does it, they'll land and immediately fly away without having earned any more black along the way.

Well anyway, with regards to this topic I use Gambit, 5* Thor and my recently champed OML. Frequent power use means more strike tiles to speed things up, plus OML heals himself. And if Thor gets low he starts absorbing yellow, feeding OML's transformation which I can come out of with two AOEs immediately. It's pretty speedy.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Grocket/Medusa/Gamora all the way to 1600 (float point where I am rarely attacked). Then on the final day climb to 2000 with this team and shield.

The Rulk/Carol/Grocket team the OP uses are Scooby snacks for me when facing them on defense since Carol gets targeted first (and is usually dead on turn 3-4) so her tile boosting shenanigans from Rulk's CD's never happen. By the time she's dead Rulk/Rocket are usually stun locked (not that it matters much). The opposing Grocket strikes provide handy AP when the board doesn't have lots of Blue for Gamora's stun.

The nice thing about these 2 teams is they can climb off each other all the way to 2000 since they are both relatively weak on defense.

KGB
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Yepyep said:

- Red Hulk/Carol/Rocket

Rulk gets angry with every enemy match, makes a countdown, that improves Grocket's strikes with Carol's passive.
    Ok, that’s awesome! Thanks very much, @Bowgentle.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Sim I don't worry about defense. I don't expect to hold on to points for that long, and I usually hit 2000 with over a week to go, so I just assume I will lose 600 points eventually. My only 5* champ is Daredevil, so he's the key to my team. Then its usually looking for a blue/black character and a red/yellow character. The 5*s I use are at 12 covers lvl 360
    Some combos: America/ Wasp
                           5* Thor/ Yondu
                           Phoenix/ hobofist
                          Peggy/ Carol
                          5* Thor/ 3* Hawkeye
                          Mr. Fantastic/ 4* Cage

Or of course Gamora/ Vulture
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    Depends on when I was playing when I was firmly in 3 land it was IM40/She-Hulk/Khan.  The denial of this team is crazy and one of the best and most underplayed groups in 3 land.

Now that all I face are maxed Gambits/Thors/Thanos/BB and BP it is a little different.  Now I run OML/SS/4Deadpool, I can also substitute Phoenix for the 5's when necessary, these are my only maxed 5's.  The other team can beat the hell out of my 5's they all have some true healing mechanism Deadpool is constantly using his black power so you can get through most of the 5's very quickly and 4 star teams are no issue on the lucky day I see one of those.  Gambit and Thor are the worst for this team Gambit because he is broken and Thor because of his AOE and ramping when he goes under half life.  You just have to remember not to let a Thanos team kill Phoenix for her heal :)
  • cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    In 3-star land, my team hovers around 1400, so I pick a time near the end where I can blow 10 packs, shield, and then finish the climb to 2k for sim and 10k for season.

I'm running IM40, Patch and Peggy(3/3/4). You can swap in Strange for Peggy, it just takes more blue to get the kill-1-stun-2 so you avoid Patch's downside. Once you get the stun, Patch's strike tiles pretty much do the rest. Patch's healing helps with health packs since you have some stun turns to heal him up at the end.

Now that Hulk3 is champed, I could swap him in for IM40 on defense. Patch+Hulk3 (or KK) is the kind of thing that can really hurt someone with a bad board. On defense you don't have to win, just deal enough damage that you're not worth the trouble. And that happens automatically if Patch/KK get enough green. But this only works if your MMR+score is low enough to avoid good champed 4* or 5-star teams.

I find that low offense, AP denial teams run into the problem of needing more health packs against 5-star match damage. Although I'm eager to try a champed Hood+America (1/3/5). I won't have the ISO to champ him until he's the PvP event essential though.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    cschwinge said:
    I find that low offense, AP denial teams run into the problem of needing more health packs against 5-star match damage. Although I'm eager to try a champed Hood+America (1/3/5). I won't have the ISO to champ him until he's the PvP event essential though.
    Hood/America/She-Hulk is a lot of fun. I don't recommend it unless Hood is boosted, and ideally featured, tho, so not so much for Sim. He's just too squishy without the extra health from the boost.