Did/Will you buy the SCL 8 bundle?

Comments

• NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    NeonBlue said:
    A bit odd there were no themes to the packs like in the past (e.g. IF+LC, GoG chars, Iron man family). Now it's 3 unrelated characters. I got it anyway, but it just seemed like 3 random mid-tier 4*s

They had an overstock in the warehouse so they need to clear out all these excess covers to make room for the incoming new characters

They didn't even have the decency of showing us a whacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tube man while selling this pack to us.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Accidentally bought it. Went to check out and then decided against it. Went to press cancel and index finger slide over the bio scanner before my thumb hit cancel, which automatically confirmed the purchase...got a 5 star GR from it at least, but heroics we're all 2 stars (way too much dilution in that token these days).
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    No.. it's over $40 Canadian. Can I afford it? Yes. But I choose not to make in-game purchases in amounts much higher than $10 at a time. I don't want to start myself treading down the $20, $30, more at a time road. That way lies possible addiction trouble.

Plus I haven't the ISO to champ Nico now anyway, and Quake shot up to the top of the next-to-champ list by virtue of her cover coming in Webbed Wonder.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I would buy it if it didn't result in wasted covers for all three characters.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Hard pass on anything over $25, which I think is more than reasonable for any of these packs. Yes, I can afford it.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    If these were 20 bucks I would do it.  $35 is just too steep for me.  I really need the blue Nico but I just cannot justify that amount even with the decent amount of goodies that come along with it.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nah. Just not worth it for me.

• 62,000 ISO -- Tiny drop in my current ISO 'deficit' (200'ish K saved, but about 6 4*s ready to champ and Quake on the vine; some more 4*s very close at 12 covers)
    • 500 RISO -- Chump change
    • 4,800 HP -- I don't really need HP atm, with 6 open roster spots and about 5K saved up.\
    • 10 CP -- Nice
    • 1 LT / 1 Adv Support Token / 8 Heroic Tokens -- Okay, but that's most likely 1 4* and 8 2* covers due to RNG. And supports are still 'meh' anyway
    • 3 Nico covers - This would be actually useful, for my 1/3/4 Nico.
    • 3 Nova covers - Maxcovered but not champed yet
    • 3 X-23 covers - 3 champion levels

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    DeNappa said:
    Nah. Just not worth it for me.

• 62,000 ISO -- Tiny drop in my current ISO 'deficit' (200'ish K saved, but about 6 4*s ready to champ and Quake on the vine; some more 4*s very close at 12 covers)
    • 500 RISO -- Chump change
    • 4,800 HP -- I don't really need HP atm, with 6 open roster spots and about 5K saved up.\
    • 10 CP -- Nice
    • 1 LT / 1 Adv Support Token / 8 Heroic Tokens -- Okay, but that's most likely 1 4* and 8 2* covers due to RNG. And supports are still 'meh' anyway
    • 3 Nico covers - This would be actually useful, for my 1/3/4 Nico.
    • 3 Nova covers - Maxcovered but not champed yet
    • 3 X-23 covers - 3 champion levels

I think if you are HP/roster spot poor then it's worth it.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    No. I really want to, because the resources alone are worth the money.

That being said, I can buy a not-too-old console game for that $35 instead of 3 champ levels for my X-23, champing my Nova, and barely making a dent in my Nico, none of whom are characters I play.
  • Coulson_Lives
    Coulson_Lives Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Virtual assets in a ftp game?  Nope
  • chrisH
    chrisH Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I have bought the previous ones but this one has 2 problems one it is quite expensive for an in game match 3 phone game. Especially for a one time "Congrats on the new SCL wanna give us 35 bucks?" I would probably be in at 19.99. Second is the character choice. All three are solid second tier characters. I have all them at 13 covers and have not considered champing them as of yet for me the covers would all go to waste as I have higher priorities. If they would give me champ levels for decent characters or toward characters with 5star rewards maybe. All in all I was looking forward to this SCL offer but ill pass. Hopefully the SCL9 will better suit my needs and make me interested and/or have 5star covers.  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Due to the appalling conversion from dollar to pound the deal is far, far, far too expensive. 

People always mistake the conversion as a simple £X = $X thing, it's really not. You forget to factor in the cost of living and wages are noticably higher in the UK than the US. As a result we pay more for digital goods like this generally because we earn more money than out US counterparts.

The difference is more noticable with physical goods imported because of the EU's insane import taxes.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    I will get unusable covers for both Nova and X-23 so i will not buy it. For that price every character needs to be useful.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Nup.    mid-4* tier.   The Nova and Nico covers would give me 13 and 14 covers, respectively.   The HP is okay.    But the iso-8 needs to be a factor of 10 greater.   In all their offers/store.    I realize a scarce resource is sometimes useful to generate revenue - but when you consider the character dilution, its just not reasonable for iso to be priced the way it is.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Due to the appalling conversion from dollar to pound the deal is far, far, far too expensive. 

People always mistake the conversion as a simple £X = $X thing, it's really not. You forget to factor in the cost of living and wages are noticably higher in the UK than the US. As a result we pay more for digital goods like this generally because we earn more money than out US counterparts.

The difference is more noticable with physical goods imported because of the EU's insane import taxes.
    Just because we earn more, doesn't mean we should pay more. Its still the same product, a virtual one at that. If the devs think this product is worth $35, it should be $35 for everyone. 
  • CenturyChild
    CenturyChild Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    If I had the money I absolutely would. I really just can't justify $35 on a mobile game at this point though. If they did another one like the one they did a while ago that gave a boatload of 3* covers for like $8 I would jump on it in a heartbeat.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    AU$49 seems a bit steep for an in-game purchase (I realise there are more expensive ones in the game, but the point stands for them too).
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

Purchasing this would give me:

Champed Nova (with one extra cover to go to 271 and get the LT)

4/5/3 Lara

5/3/4 Nico (with an extra blue on the vine)

+ all the other stuff

I am considering it. Not sure either way, though.

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I will not spend money on this game until they improve VIP or fix PVP. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on the fence. I could use the extra HP and ISO, and while the covers are all champ levels, it's a big hunk of SHIELD XP, which translates to more ISO.