• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sabaton74 said:
    bluewolf said:
    ursopro said:
    Holy necro bump, Batman!
    Seriously....

@Sabaton74

It sure seems like a lot of your comments are on very old threads......

If you are interested in a topic that isn't fairly current (a month, maybe) it's usually best to create a new thread since the game does change.
    Thx for the courtesy tip, I'll keep it mind...

Now that I look, this thread was done 5 months before I found the game, seems like it's still a hot topic tho :o
    Bringing back an old discussion is fine as long as its contents are still relevant in the game right now. 

If it gives outdated/flat out wrong info for the current state of the game then you need to start a new discussion.
  • Sabaton74
    Sabaton74 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Green stripes close old threads right? I've seen a couple in these rabbit trails...
  • A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    There may not have been changes to pvp MMR since this thread was made, but the main post is full of incorrect information, half of which the OP doesnt even agree with anymore.
  • WiDoW0042
    WiDoW0042 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    I have 2 5*’s champed at level 451.  All the others have been left alone.  I generally only fight with one, but I regularly get beat by 550 Thorkoye teams whose owners have numerous 5* champs in the 500’s.  That said, I thoroughly enjoy exacting revenge by dropping whales on them.
  • Xair
    Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
    just thinking out loud, one way the mmr could be improved is by multiplying the level of a champion with a factor that is determined by the number of skins the char has.
    for example a championed char (more than 13 skins) would receive a factor of 1 multiplier.
    where as a level 300 5* that only has 3 skins, would receive a multiplier of 0.6 (just an example) making it the equivalent of a level 180 championed char (in essence slightly stronger than a 3*).
    thus when rosters are compared even though a person might have 5 level 300 5*, with only 3 skins each, he would still not be matched against the top meta 4* teams which according to current mmr are weaker but in fact are way stronger.

using such a multiplier would avert the current mmr problem of players not wanting to level their next tier.
    also the exact multiplier to be used can be calculated by testing the relative power of un-championed chars to the lesser tier meta champions, and thus getting a good estimation that will make the mmr much better very quickly with practically zero effort on the dev team.