Infinity War movie speculation *No Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe we'll get "The Snap" and Scarlet Witch goes into a coma...... House of M seeding?
    I fear for Cap'n- Chris Evans has wanted to retire for years. They could kill him for the cliffhanger.
    From smallscreen: I think that the Inhumans will make a showing, Maybe the Defenders back on earth deal with some fallout(literally, from the trailer), but I don't see how they would do anything to fight Thanos. Danny Rand would emote and give false assurances of course but I mean like meaningful contributions. I think just like You mad Bro? Come at me! The Guardians are gonna do most of the heavy lifting.

I hope they shoot for the moon and get loose with the whole "will mainstream audiences accept......" limitation. After all the records and sad attempts to duplicate(looking right at you ben aflek) Marvel movies are the rule not an exception. Audiences will choose to see movies and accept premises without being "fans". Dr. Strange came out 15 years after Harry Potter, people are ready, audiences can deal with magic/robots/mutants/space rocks that give powers/ gods/clones/aliens etc. Ain't no war of the Worlds tinykitty. I hope with the Infinity stones it gets weird man

At this point after they got Spiderman back{he's F&C on the poster} anything is fair game. With the Fox deal inked and awaiting review and approval from this administration, It's pretty solid chances that the mouse will get what the mouse wants. Being that this is the END of Phase Four(wrapping up all the "old" projects) and the Fox thing and the Sony collaborations, etc it could be that (as they used to say on Dark Angel) "Everything Will Change!". We'll get reboots and retcons, and tie-ins, cameos, crossovers, throw backs. Proven by Yondu/Negasonic Teenage Warhead, they can give us OBSCURE characters and we're good with that too. We could be on a real cusp of richness within the MCU. 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    From a commercial perspective, everyone with a longer contract is safe. That means: Hulk, Spiderman,  most of the Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Scarlet Witch...

Main contenders are Vision (but likely to return since he's already signed up for more movies), Cap (end of contract), Iron Man (also likely to be at the end, plus he's super expensive as an actor). Gamora is also at risk since she's got a personal connection with Thanos.

I think Loki will take on the role of Mephisto for those that read the comics, counseling Thanos and trying to betray him.

Nebula is likely to be toast too, but might do her sudden twist from the comics.

• Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Be careful next few days, I read people are posting spoilers online already. I'm seeing it Thursday. I'm going dark from social media until then.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    They're really making a big deal about some of the contracts being up after the next movie.

Everyone involved here is pretty savvy.

New contracts can be negotiated.

That said, Superman won't make it out alive.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Someone posted spoilers in the reddit forum of MPQ. He/she posted in some thread there.  :(

Marvel actually disabled comment on their videos. They are banking on this one.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018

Saw it this afternoon. Gosh.
    Go see it.  Seriously.

:edit: Only one extra scene, at the very end of the credits.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    16 hours and 35 mins to go here until the film starts.... :smiley:
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could see Captain Marvel making an appearance.  Her movie is set in the 90's so maybe she left Earth for awhile, and comes back to save the day.  I'd be surprised if they start pulling in the TV and Netflix characters (including Coulson), but you never know. 

I'm curious where @Alfje17 got the number 70 from. Seems pretty high. Is it 70 "super heroes" or 70 characters. If it's just characters, you can add in the leaders of the other tribes in Black Panther, Everett Ross, General/Secretary Ross, The Collector, the Nova Core / Nova Prime, the Ravagers (Sylvester Stalone and friends), Jane Foster, Erik Selvig, Ned, Aunt May, M.J., and the families of Ant-Man and Hawkeye. Then you would also need to count Thanos himself and the Black Order. All of them would get you closer to the 70 mark.

(also, you didn't bold Ant-Man in your original list, maybe instead of Giant Man it should be Ant Man (Scott Lang))

@Blindman13: I misremembered an article stating there are 76 characters in the movie, 44 of them are superheroes, so my bad. I've edited my OP to reflect this.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Saw it as well. Actioned packed and definitely worth the hype. The weakest arc for me was the soul stone. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    The trailers have already given us his motivation. Gamora says he wants to “balance the universe” by killing off half the population. I don’t think Death is going to be in the movie at all, Hela or anyone else.

Pretty sure they can't use Death due to the affiliation with X-Men or maybe the Fantastic Four...something like that.

Which is why I assumed they deliberately called Hela the Goddess of Death for that reason.

Besides, not like it doesn't have a modern precident.
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/9/9a/Thanos_(Earth-616)_and_Hela_(Earth-616)_from_Unworthy_Thor_Vol_1_5_001.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170331092825

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Orion said:
    The trailers have already given us his motivation. Gamora says he wants to “balance the universe” by killing off half the population. I don’t think Death is going to be in the movie at all, Hela or anyone else.

Pretty sure they can't use Death due to the affiliation with X-Men or maybe the Fantastic Four...something like that.

Which is why I assumed they deliberately called Hela the Goddess of Death for that reason.

Besides, not like it doesn't have a modern precident.
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/9/9a/Thanos_(Earth-616)_and_Hela_(Earth-616)_from_Unworthy_Thor_Vol_1_5_001.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170331092825

The directors of Infinity War have already stated that Death will not be in any of the movies. They don't want to give us the same story that we have read in the comics over and over. They want to use some of the context, but surprise us at the same time. Basically the Marvel Cinematic Universe will not be a direct adaptation to the stories in the comics. 
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Saw it yesterday. Not a fan of MCU movies, but this one is very good. One of the best of the universe and the action is really exciting.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Saw it. Not a spoiler: pay close attention to the story Tony tells Pepper in the beginning at the park.  It makes the scene at the end even sadder if you understand it. *sniff*
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    saw it yesterday, gonna see it again. Some people have no idea how crazy its going to be. The wildest thing is some of the theories people were say may happen that I thought was stupid.......they happened!!!!
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    For a story as jampacked with a lot of characters and a lot of things going, it's surprisingly put together.  Just watched it today, will watch it again -- definitely a 2nd time, will see if it'll be more than that (like Wonder Woman, Avengers, GotG, & Winter Soldier).

P.S.  I think the number 60 and above was when they were discussing Avengers 1 & 2, if I'm remembering it right.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Deadpool has to show up for sure at some time in Avengers 4, no? No?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    Unlikely. The deal hasn't been finalised yet and could take a year or more to do so. Avengers 4 is filming already and probably too late to incorporate anything without massive rewrites and reshoots. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    madoctor said:
    Unlikely. The deal hasn't been finalised yet and could take a year or more to do so. Avengers 4 is filming already and probably too late to incorporate anything without massive rewrites and reshoots. 

Pretty sure Avengers 4 is already filmed. They did them back to back.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    It would be hilarious to me (and possibly me only) if Avengers 4 was a “buddy cop” movie with Deadpool and Steve Rogers as partners which had a plot totally unrelated to either Thanos or the Infinity Stones, but ended with Deadpool breaking the 4th wall to tell the audience, “Oh, yeah, Thanos was defeated, by the way”.  The mid credit scene would be Luis from Ant Man telling Stan Lee how he personally defeated Thanos using the style of all the stories he tells.

...sorry if the turns out to be a spoiler, even if that’s literally impossible. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    madoctor said:
    It would be hilarious to me (and possibly me only) if Avengers 4 was a “buddy cop” movie with Deadpool and Steve Rogers as partners which had a plot totally unrelated to either Thanos or the Infinity Stones, but ended with Deadpool breaking the 4th wall to tell the audience, “Oh, yeah, Thanos was defeated, by the way”.  The mid credit scene would be Luis from Ant Man telling Stan Lee how he personally defeated Thanos using the style of all the stories he tells.

...sorry if the turns out to be a spoiler, even if that’s literally impossible. 
    I'd watch it.

If we're going into other genres, tho, the one I really want is a road trip movie with Steve, Bucky, and Sam in the VW Bug.