Infinity War movie speculation *No Spoilers*

Alfje17
Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2018 in MPQ General Discussion

Apparently there will be around 70 superheroes in the Infinity War movie (possibly split over the 2 parts), but I only get to about 39 people from the 18 MCU movies:

Ant-Man (Hank Pym), PantherWidow, Bucky, Cap, Drax, Falcon, Gamora, Giant-Man, Groot, Happy Hogan, Hawkeye, Heimdall, Hulk, Iron Man, Korg, Loki, Mantis, Mariah Hill, Mordo, Nakia, Nebula, Nick Fury, Okoye, Pepper Potts, Rocket, Sharon Carter, Shuri, Sif, Spidey, Star-Lord, Strange, Thanos, Thor, Valkyrie, Vision, Warmachine, Wasp, Witch, Wong   (MPQ characters in bold)

Anybody care to add to the list and/or speculate if they'll introduce 30 new superheroes (Cap Marvel?), or will there be heroes from the Netflix series, the Fox movies or will all of Stan Lee's cameos count as separate characters? No spoilers please, this is just a bit of fun until the movie hits theaters this week.

EDIT: apparently it's 76 characters and 44 superheroes in the movie, so my bad. However that still leaves a few new faces or secondary/tertiary characters currently unknown. So will we get more Guardians, Warlock, Thunderbolt Ross?

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Coulson and Captain Marvel will both make an appearance.

I think Rogers is a dead man. I think Vision is a dead... er... android.  And I think Loki might die, also. Wouldn't shock me if Nick Fury drops, too.

I would very much like to see Hulk vs. Thanos.

I'm also betting on at least one MAJOR swerve that can't be predicted. I feel like the filmmakers have something up their sleeves that comes totally out of left field and that could be why they've launched the "no spoilers" campaign.
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    im calling it now: thanos gets all the gems and messes w reality, which causes multiple universes to “converge” so to speak, and we get to see cap and tony talking to none other than prof x in the post credits setting up avengers +xmen for avengers 4. 

You can crown my **** on fri night. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

Obviously there's almost Infinite reflections when staring at a shiny disco ball which means Dazzler confirmed!

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I could see Captain Marvel making an appearance.  Her movie is set in the 90's so maybe she left Earth for awhile, and comes back to save the day.  I'd be surprised if they start pulling in the TV and Netflix characters (including Coulson), but you never know. 

I'm curious where @Alfje17 got the number 70 from. Seems pretty high. Is it 70 "super heroes" or 70 characters. If it's just characters, you can add in the leaders of the other tribes in Black Panther, Everett Ross, General/Secretary Ross, The Collector, the Nova Core / Nova Prime, the Ravagers (Sylvester Stalone and friends), Jane Foster, Erik Selvig, Ned, Aunt May, M.J., and the families of Ant-Man and Hawkeye. Then you would also need to count Thanos himself and the Black Order. All of them would get you closer to the 70 mark.

(also, you didn't bold Ant-Man in your original list, maybe instead of Giant Man it should be Ant Man (Scott Lang))
  • liamreil
    liamreil Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Predictions: drax, spiderman, stephen strange, iron man, bucky, nebula will all drop at some point.  

BUT whom ever defeats thanos will bring them all back with the infinity stones

next prediction: who is lady death?  Hela?
  • DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018

Speculations...speculations... ok. In my opinion:

1 : At last we will see the real power of the Scarlet Witch (who has been really under estimated during all the movies)

2: The hulkbuster won´t need a pilot inside, i think it will be Shuri who will control it.

3: I hope WarMachine die ( i don´t know how he can still alive,lol)

4: This is my favourite: Captain America is a Skrull (he stops Thanos hit,and just look at the face of Thanos like he is saying "what the...", his eyes look different...) Risky speculation, but who knows.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I've seen too many trailers to really speculate. Like, there are some things people are guessing about here that I think I could confirm or debunk, by picking bits and pieces from a dozen different trailers and TV spots, but that's no fun, so I'll try to not do that, and go for more general things.

A (semi-)short list, I have four thoughts.

First is that we haven't even seen a huge chunk of the movie, even from all the trailers. Like, Civil War trailers focused on the airport fight as a big climactic battle, but there was a lot of the movie left after that. I think Infinity War will be similar, but where CW showed us some of the 1v1 Cap/Stark fight, I think Infinity War is showing us nothing.

Second, I expect they'll cut loose with the Infinity Stones in a crazy way. Like, stuff that some people would say is too much like the comics, stuff that's too crazy to show to normal movie-goers. But I think they've earned it with the MCU, and will go nuts with each Stone (or at least most of them), to show us what they're capable of before launching into the might of their combined power with the Infinity Gauntlet. Straight up time paradoxes with several copies of someone running around in a fight, using the Space Stone to give us teleportation that makes Nightcrawler look tame by comparison, etc. 

Third, in another round of "I think they've earned some crazy stuff," I kinda expect there to be more dead than living at the end of the movie. Not just in reference to "the snap" (which I'm starting to suspect won't happen, at least not "one snap and half of all life is dead" like in the comics; it'd be more dramatic to have multiple individuals snaps or something). I think, canonically, most of these characters will be dead for real for a year of "real life time" until Avengers 4 comes out. We'll probably get most of them back in Avengers 4, but I'm expecting that the MCU is going to stop pulling punches for these two films. I'd kinda like to go into Avengers 4 thinking that they don't have enough Avengers to pull it off.

Lastly, I don't think we'll see any crazy world-expanding stuff (post credits scenes with X-Men or Fantastic Four or Silver Surfer or revealing someone to be a Skrull or whatever) until Avengers 4. Not even getting into the nit-picky things like "Is the Fox/Disney deal close enough to done for such cameos to happen?" I think there's enough going on in Avengers 3/4 that they'll be too busy to plant new plot threads until they wrap up.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Mark Hamill shows up and reveals he's Bucky's father.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adam Warlock has to show up, doesn't he?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    My list of deaths:
    Valkyrie, Captain America, Iron Man, Loki (killed at the very beginning for becoming boring and predictable good guy in Ragnarok movie... or maybe for failing Thanos during first movie :D ). Maybe also Hulk and Vision (together with Scarlett Witch... oh :/ ).
    Some other minor characters will be killed, but hard to say how many of them will be present (Mantis, Korg, Wong).
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    No mandarin? Surely there is room for Sir Ben Kingsley
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    26 hours and 40 minutes from now, all will start to be revealed...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking of stuff and two things popped into my head and refused to leave
    1) Thor travels to Nidavellir to get a new hammer forged (I just wanna see Nidavellir in the MCU. I like me some dwarves.)

2) Having watched Ragnarok again, it doesn't look like Hela was killed to me. Looks more like she teleported away at the last moment. And she *did* refer to herself as the Goddess of Death...

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    We already know the Captain Marvel movie will be set in the 90's and she'll be fighting Skrulls. My guess is someone is going to die (Hawkeye would be the safest bet) and will revealed to be a Skrull in a post-credit scene that will set both Captain Marvel and Avengers 4: Secret Invasion.

Having watched Ragnarok again, it doesn't look like Hela was killed to me. Looks more like she teleported away at the last moment. And she *did* refer to herself as the Goddess of Death...

It really annoys me that they didn't use Hela as a stand in for Death. Possibly completely changing Thanos' motivations to something more generic and boring is a bad idea when he's been built up this long and has been given zero character development.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The trailers have already given us his motivation. Gamora says he wants to “balance the universe” by killing off half the population. I don’t think Death is going to be in the movie at all, Hela or anyone else.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I know. Hence, "Possibly completely changing Thanos' motivations to something more generic and boring". Balancing the universe by killing half the population is bland and stinks of generic villain, which Thanos shouldn't be especially after hyping him up for years. I hoping there's something more to it, but on the surface level, it's awful.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    I know. Hence, "Possibly completely changing Thanos' motivations to something more generic and boring". Balancing the universe by killing half the population is bland and stinks of generic villain, which Thanos shouldn't be especially after hyping him up for years. I hoping there's something more to it, but on the surface level, it's awful.
    Unfortunately, bland villains have been fairly common in the MCU.  I’ve enjoyed almost all of the films, but outside of Loki and Vulture, the other villains that I can recall off the top of my head weren’t particularly inspired...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, um... if Cap checks out in the movie does that mean I'll lose my cover from Covert Ops vault?  :worried: