• nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Nice job Sith.  Prime is jealous of your efficiency 
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    It never fails...
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Prime and Ultron are getting closer and closer each event , keep pushing sith to try harder ;)
  • penguiniffic
    penguiniffic Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Great job Sith! We're (ULTRON) going to get you one of these days!
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I am always impressed with how you all time this out, and are able to do it so quickly. It shows impressive teamwork from all the alliances that beat this by Day 1-2.  congrats 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    jredd said:
    i wanna know who the last alliance to finish is. the scrappy guys who bust it till the end and finish with 5 minutes left.
    That's the alliance I belong to. Sometimes we make it, sometimes we don't. But I'm always proud of what we accomplish.
    mine's similar. we tend to finish with about 4 hours left. 

• penguiniffic
    penguiniffic Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    U.L.T.R.O.N. officially 3rd alliance to finish at 2257 edt behind KAs Sithand Prime. One of these days...

• MegaMe
    MegaMe Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Nice work, Sith, Prime and Ultron! 
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Thorassic said:
    So KA Sith, how much $ is each player expected to pay each month?
    Is that because you think we’re Whales or because you’re interested in buying your way in for the bragging rights?
    It’s because I suspect the top of the game is dominated by long term players with deep pockets.  No reason you would ever want a newb who stopped paying.
    A lot of the people in our ally are just "long term players". Not with deep pockets. The amount of dedication it takes to be a day 1300-1400 player is incredible. There's also plenty day 800-900 players (including me) in there too. The last time I bought a s Stark was last anniversary (9 months ago). So I guess I have very deep pockets (because my money tends to stay in it)

We also have many allies that have middle level players who are greatly helped by the huge number of vets the KA family has.

I suspect KA sith is actually one of the lowest spenders among the T25 PvP/PvE allies. Money doesn't necessarily make your team better. Our only minimums are 1200 PvP and 6-7x clears in PvE. That's it. Oh, and also a requirement to kick butt during boss events. The last 6 boss events have all been won by sith. It was a taste of victory that our players could never let go of. We have incredible amounts of fun during it and we are actually less hardcore than the other allies we are trying to fight for the first finish. It only takes a relaxed crew who's having fun. You should maybe come around and have a look by starting in one of our middle allies.

And CONGRATS Sith! The baws , boss event playas
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    madoctor said:
    Thorassic said:
    Is that because you think we’re Whales or because you’re interested in buying your way in for the bragging rights?
    It’s because I suspect the top of the game is dominated by long term players with deep pockets.  No reason you would ever want a newb who stopped paying.
    A lot of the people in our ally are just "long term players". Not with deep pockets. The amount of dedication it takes to be a day 1300-1400 player is incredible. There's also plenty day 800-900 players (including me) in there too. The last time I bought a s Stark was last anniversary (9 months ago). So I guess I have very deep pockets (because my money tends to stay in it)
    It's really easy to have a great roster without spending much money when you can get 7CP for $2.  While it's technically true people weren't spending much money, it's a bit disingenuous to suggest they came by their rosters without spending much.

**Removed references to players/alliances - Ducky
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    oh boy, here we go
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    madoctor said:
    Thorassic said:
    It's really easy to have a great roster without spending much money when you can get 7CP for $2.  How much CP did the "KA Family" get that way?  While it's technically true you weren't spending much money, it's a bit disingenuous to suggest you came by your rosters without spending much.
    So according to you, to get even a half decent roster, you need to not only have spent a lot, but also necessarily exploited the bugged system?

FWIW, KA sith did not spend actively to exploit the bug, and you conveniently missed the part where I said I made my last purchase in anniversary. When did the bug you mention occur? Salty much?

*Removed personal attacks - Ducky
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Logansloonies just completed
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    madoctor said:

The last 6 boss events have all been won by sith.

I have never understood the point of these threads. You didn't "win" anything--you all timed everything meticulously to complete the event first. Many, many other allies will get exactly the same rewards you all did without waking up in the middle of the night and dropping everything to go clear a boss round because it unlocked.

Personally, I don't see this being anything different than bragging about placing first in a PVE event because your alli tapped the most.

That all said, to each their own. I applaud anyone and any alli that can come up with reasons to make the game fun and compelling.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oceans 20 finished an hour or so ago. 
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    madoctor said:

The last 6 boss events have all been won by sith.

I have never understood the point of these threads. You didn't "win" anything--you all timed everything meticulously to complete the event first. Many, many other allies will get exactly the same rewards you all did without waking up in the middle of the night and dropping everything to go clear a boss round because it unlocked.

Personally, I don't see this being anything different than bragging about placing first in a PVE event because your alli tapped the most.

That all said, to each their own. I applaud anyone and any alli that can come up with reasons to make the game fun and compelling.
    The same reason why people do speed runs on other games.  For funsies!!!  Cause games are fun and playing them different ways is fun too.