Time to drop the hoard?

2»

Comments

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    I switched from using CP on Classics to Latests right after Peter Parker left Latests because I had fully covered Silver Surfer and did not want him to be my first 5* champion and because I was not ready to move to the 5* transistion. Since then I have managed to fully cover Daredevil, Gambit, Thor, Archangel and accidently Phoenix (a dupe Gambit cover I had to sell for a customer service swap netted my my 13th Phoenix cover.

I have stopped pulling until Archangel leaves latest and should have a mini-hoard of about 50 pulls when Captain America replaces AA.

I'm at 59 4* champions now so I'll be ready to start champing 5*s soon. When I do I'll have at least 6 to champ right off the bat and maybe the transition won't be too painful.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    dramatist said:
    I switched from using CP on Classics to Latests right after Peter Parker left Latests because I had fully covered Silver Surfer and did not want him to be my first 5* champion and because I was not ready to move to the 5* transistion. Since then I have managed to fully cover Daredevil, Gambit, Thor, Archangel and accidently Phoenix (a dupe Gambit cover I had to sell for a customer service swap netted my my 13th Phoenix cover.

I have stopped pulling until Archangel leaves latest and should have a mini-hoard of about 50 pulls when Captain America replaces AA.

I'm at 59 4* champions now so I'll be ready to start champing 5*s soon. When I do I'll have at least 6 to champ right off the bat and maybe the transition won't be too painful.
    The transition wasn’t painful with 2. Don’t listen to everything you read here :-p. As long as Gambit is first you’ll Be fine whenever you transition.  
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pull my latest every 6 weeks typically 110-120 pulls that is latest and CP.  I have found GR a really good pairing with 1/2 health Thor because GR tanks for Thor which is rare and exceptional.  I also have AA championed and feel he is a really good 3rd to go along with Gambit and Thor.  The reason why is he had blue and black active abilities.  If I were to choose between cap and AA I would actually go AA and go after more JJ.  If you are waiting for GR to leave you are betting Iron spider is better than GR.  This may end up to be the case my fear with Iron spider is what will his power color be Red, yellow, (blank).  I personally will be gopulling when cap goes into packs because I can’t stand hoarding that long.  
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Another spider in 5* tier would be just stupid. Not to mention that all are technically Peter Parker.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,149 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    Another spider in 5* tier would be just stupid. Not to mention that all are technically Peter Parker.
    We just added another 5-star Cap. We've already got two 4-star Venoms.  *shrug*  It is rather silly, but if someone has all three 5-star Spider Men at a high enough level to worry about only being able to play one of them...that seems like a first world MPQ problem.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    Although another Peter Parker Spider-man in the 5*tier wouldn't be helpful since a player would only be able to use one, 5* PP Spidey would benefit greatly from another 5* Spider-verse Spidey character that could produce web tiles and had at least two different colors. He has pretty good synergy with Miles and Gwen but his lack of good synergy with other 5* characters is what holds him back in the 5* tier. 

Obviously, the potential for him to perma-stun teams with another 5* web slinger would have to be looked at carefully but I would love to see a 5* Scarlet Spider (either version) or Spider-Man 2099 some time down the road (not necessarily anytime soon, however). 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    dramatist said:

The transition wasn’t painful with 2. Don’t listen to everything you read here :-p. As long as Gambit is first you’ll Be fine whenever you transition.  
    Until he’s nerfed to OML levels. Luckily though he has other top tier 5s to fall back on. I’m in an eerily similar position to dramatist. About to champ #59 tonight (Quake) and #60 next week (Howard). 

Also have a max-covered (with no iso) DD, Gambit, Thor, Goblin.

I actually could use some advice myself. Currently sitting on 180 pulls

Angel is (5/3/3)
    Ghost Rider is (2/3/3)
    Jessica is (1/3/2)
    Captain America is (0/0/0)

Jessica is the only one I really want. Rider would be second I guess but the color overlap with other characters makes him less desirable. I think Angel and Cap are trash.  Cap’s yellow is situational at best, it’s expensive and you’d still use a healthpack anyway. It’s WAY better as a team up. His purple is cool but I don’t tend to play that defensively as I prefer offensive characters. His red is an amazing 1-shot nuke, but involves your characters dying. I don’t care that he overlaps with Gambit as I think that nerf is coming sooner rather than later. I just don’t like his kit. 

Option 1:
    Since I’m so close to covering Angel and think Rider is the second best of the four I could say “why not get my 5th max-covered 5 in Angel, stop pulling after I get him maxed, wait for Cap to enter, and pull until I get one of him for essentials, and at that point reassess based on where my Jess/Robbie are. In this scenario I likely cover Rider/Angel/Jess and skip cap who I’m not high on. 

Option 2:
    Say, the feeders can finish Angel (knowing I’ll eat the first cover as I have 5 there already). Say Robbie isn’t that good, and I can let him fall into obscurity. Pull for a single Cap when he enters Latests, and hoard until we see what Spidey looks like. I’m predicting power creepy goodness to make him more desireable than the other two in the tier. Plus I like the character and since my other two Parkers are pitiful I’ll probanly want him. In this scenario I’ll cover Jess, stop when she’s maxed and wait for Cap to leave (so he’ll be like Rider/Angel... half or most the way there) and then pull for Iron Spider and the next two. 

I know this is long but I really appreciate any thoughts people have!

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    dramatist said:

Until he’s nerfed to OML levels. Luckily though he has other top tier 5s to fall back on. I’m in an eerily similar position to dramatist. About to champ #59 tonight (Quake) and #60 next week (Howard). 

Also have a max-covered (with no iso) DD, Gambit, Thor, Goblin.

I actually could use some advice myself. Currently sitting on 180 pulls

Angel is (5/3/3)
    Ghost Rider is (2/3/3)
    Jessica is (1/3/2)
    Captain America is (0/0/0)

Jessica is the only one I really want. Rider would be second I guess but the color overlap with other characters makes him less desirable. I think Angel and Cap are trash.  Cap’s yellow is situational at best, it’s expensive and you’d still use a healthpack anyway. It’s WAY better as a team up. His purple is cool but I don’t tend to play that defensively as I prefer offensive characters. His red is an amazing 1-shot nuke, but involves your characters dying. I don’t care that he overlaps with Gambit as I think that nerf is coming sooner rather than later. I just don’t like his kit. 

Option 1:
    Since I’m so close to covering Angel and think Rider is the second best of the four I could say “why not get my 5th max-covered 5 in Angel, stop pulling after I get him maxed, wait for Cap to enter, and pull until I get one of him for essentials, and at that point reassess based on where my Jess/Robbie are. In this scenario I likely cover Rider/Angel/Jess and skip cap who I’m not high on. 

Option 2:
    Say, the feeders can finish Angel (knowing I’ll eat the first cover as I have 5 there already). Say Robbie isn’t that good, and I can let him fall into obscurity. Pull for a single Cap when he enters Latests, and hoard until we see what Spidey looks like. I’m predicting power creepy goodness to make him more desireable than the other two in the tier. Plus I like the character and since my other two Parkers are pitiful I’ll probanly want him. In this scenario I’ll cover Jess, stop when she’s maxed and wait for Cap to leave (so he’ll be like Rider/Angel... half or most the way there) and then pull for Iron Spider and the next two. 

I know this is long but I really appreciate any thoughts people have!

If you have a fully covered GladiaThor I don't see you using Ghost Rider much, really - Thor is just so good. I suppose Rider could use his black at least, but if all you want is an Active black then Jessica Jones might be a better choice.

You seem to be misreading Captain Lumberjack's red Power though, it doesn't rely on your characters dying, it just goes into overdrive when there is only one opponent left. It's basically the same as Riri Williams' red Power - either damage to enemies not in front or more damage to the last enemy remaining. I also like his potential synergy with Daredevil - have DD tank, and if things go South and DD gets KOed Cap can bring him back and have him start healing up again. Not a top tier combo, but it could be fun at least.

I also don't know if we will get a feeder for Archangel any time soon, Gambit and Thor are still waiting for their fourstar feeders. They seem to be more focused on giving older fivestars feeders right now. On the other hand, not having Archangel fully covered may not be the end of the World.

If you really aren't interested in Archangel and Think he is well covered enough, it is probably better to hoard for now. Any covers you get for Archangel or Robbie right now is a cover you won't get for Captain Lumberjack or Iron Spider down the line. Cap may be a wash, but if you like Iron Spider maybe you can stop busting the hoard once you are content with your Jessica Jones...

• Daredevil217
    Thanks Quebb. I think that’s exactly what I’m going to do. While it may be forever until I get an Angel feeder it may be forever x2 to get any significant iso for him so no rush there. I’m still not sure I want to ever take the 5* leap. I definitely have the toons to, and will keep max-covering the interesting ones in case I ever do, but I’m still grinding to finish the 4s and rechamped the 3s while keeping my original 266s. 
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I'm hoarding and currently have 125 LT pulls available through tokens and CP. I really want to get Jessica and will most likely wind up popping the hoard sometime after Iron Spider (or whoever takes Robbie Reyes' spot) is introduced to tokens. I've never hoarded before, so my question is about how much ISO should I have on hand before going in? 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I'm hoarding and currently have 125 LT pulls available through tokens and CP. I really want to get Jessica and will most likely wind up popping the hoard sometime after Iron Spider (or whoever takes Robbie Reyes' spot) is introduced to tokens. I've never hoarded before, so my question is about how much ISO should I have on hand before going in? 
    I don't think you need to worry too much about iso. If iso gets tight you can just stop opening tokens, right? I imagine by the time you are have enough pulls you'll also have enough iso.
  • Daredevil217
    What do your 4* look like in terms of champs/covers? Because that’s most of what you’ll be pulling.  
  • AlexNapalm
    What do your 4* look like in terms of champs/covers? Because that’s most of what you’ll be pulling.  
    I'm currently at 29 champed 4*s with 3 others fully covered that waiting on 1 more cover to champ for the champ reward. Quake will be first up since I'll get her cover through the current PVE. 
  • AlexNapalm
    Thanks for the advice. Very helpful!
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Is it even worth jumping to 5* land without a Gambit?
    Mine is 2/3/1.

I have most 4* champed and my 5* are unlevelled (except 12 cover OML at lvl 365). My most covered 5* are OML and IM46 at 12 covers, then Hawkeye and DD have 10 each. 

Logically it seems to be time to transition to 5* land but I'm worried I will get killed. I do pvp to 575 usually and pve to progression in scl8.
  • AlexNapalm
    Wil88 said:
    Is it even worth jumping to 5* land without a Gambit?
    Mine is 2/3/1.

I have most 4* champed and my 5* are unlevelled (except 12 cover OML at lvl 365). My most covered 5* are OML and IM46 at 12 covers, then Hawkeye and DD have 10 each. 

Logically it seems to be time to transition to 5* land but I'm worried I will get killed. I do pvp to 575 usually and pve to progression in scl8.
    I'm crossing my fingers for some sort of Gambit rebalance between now and when I try to transition. My Gambit is currently 1/3/1 and is my only 5* bonus hero so maybe (probably not, but still maybe) I can get him covered through the hoard opening or get some helpful covers if Rogue becomes a Gambit feeder. 
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    I wonder if I've been getting lucky with my pulls? I don't play as much as almost everyone who posts on one of these threads. I always play PvE, usually top 50 in SCL8 but I don't play much PvP, the last couple of seasons not even to 4k for the ten pack although it looks like I'll get there this season.

My Ghost Rider only has 8 covers, when Captain America enters tokens I should have a hoard of around 50 to spend right away. I guess I'll find out if there's enough time sometime within the next 6 weeks or so. If I don't finish Ghost Rider he'll at least be close I imagine.

I'm getting very close to being finished with 4*s pretty much too, seven to go right now with three of them cover maxxed, Duck will be champed within the week. I'm hopeful that by the time the next 5* is introduced I will be as done as I can be with the 4* tier and able to start pouring Iso into my 5*s and champing as I go.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok so I'm thinking if Iron Spider is the next 5-star release (and it's looking like he will be) the hoard must continue. Let Chrome Rider fall out and try for my favorite character (Spidey), JJ, and BeardCap to be my first fully-covered 5-stars.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did! I blew through about 600 CP trying to get her 13 cover.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yimbambe!