Level Up Screen

2»

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Once the Roster screen received the filter I stopped using the Training screen. The Battle Roster screen is the same as Training screen so if I needed to level someone for a battle (e.g. Crash of Titans, Essential nodes), it still shows me I can. You'll forget all about the Training button in a couple of months.
  • Gmonkey
    Gmonkey Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Definitely needs some kind of filtering or indicator on the main page. There is no yellow arrow on the roster page and no way to filter. I used the train screen several times a day to level characters. 
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know that you can also still access the Train button from the Team Selection screen if that helps. 
  • percane
    percane Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I use the training button frequently, i have roughly 15 characters who need iso training, so it's the easiest place to look.

the thing that annoys me the most about it is, there is plenty of room in the UI for a 4th button at the bottom. the recruit heroes button is huge, there is NO reason other than laziness to replace existing functionality
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I find most interesting is how many people don’t know who they need to level. For me, I’m always working to level someone, and I’m always so unbelievably behind when it comes to iso that when I finally get a substantial amount, I know exactly who’s getting it (and probably have for a week lol).  
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    What I find most interesting is how many people don’t know who they need to level. For me, I’m always working to level someone, and I’m always so unbelievably behind when it comes to iso that when I finally get a substantial amount, I know exactly who’s getting it (and probably have for a week lol).  
    Thank you. Someone had to say it. I feel the same way. I know who needs to level from my 147 characters. I manage my characters 1 at a time since I'm trying to level my 4*'s now and run a 2* farm. I never needed a button to tell me who to level. Just from the covers you get you should know who needs to level. People are making a big deal out of something that is already available in the battle roster screen when you pick your characters for a battle. On there the characters that need to be leveled have a yellow arrow next to their box. All these people complaining need to just have better management of their rosters.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I am in the same situation but from the opposite end. It's very rare that I get new covers for someone I can level up, so when it happens I just pour the ISO in. It's not like it is in short supply.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my case I've known for months...
  • CenturyChild
    CenturyChild Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Speaking as someone in the heart of 3* land, yesterday I pulled probably a handful of 2* and 3* covers for characters that are not champed. The train screen was so convenient because it had the small yellow arrows next to all of the characters that had covers that could be added, or that could be leveled using iso. This made it really easy to flip through my characters and see at a glance which ones I needed to tend to. Since I'm not yet constantly hurting for iso (though I slowly feel it coming), I just pour iso into any and all 2* and 3* characters that I can, since I don't see any actual point to not doing that currently.

I don't always remember all of the characters that I get covers for, even minutes after opening them up, especially on days when I get lucky and get four or five usable covers. Without that little yellow arrow next to the ones that I need to deal with, it's literally a shot in the dark going through my roster and trying to figure out which characters need to be dealt with. The solution is as simple as adding the button back, though maybe putting it on the roster screen, so that training isn't a pain in the ****. 

Maybe for you guys who only work on one character at a time this isn't a big deal but right now leveling my roster feels like a total mess. And fake-starting a new match just to reach the same screen is needlessly convoluted for a simple feature like this one. Just put the button somewhere else if supports HAVE to be on the main screen. Hell, they could even just put that little yellow arrow onto the upper-left corner of the applicable covers on the main roster screen and I'd be perfectly satisfied- as it is, all that's been done currently is the removal of a useful and simple visual cue that saves me time sifting through my 2* and 3* characters trying to figure out which ones still need to be leveled. Or, as others have suggested, add a filter on the roster menu along with the bonus hero and star level filters.

Sure, you can add covers from the rewards screen, and then go to that character on the roster to level them, but that seems convoluted as well. I used the train screen on the daily, it was the most efficient route of doing what needed to be done, considering that covering and leveling characters is one of the most integral parts of this game. 

Just my two cents. Add a filter on the roster screen for trainable characters, or put the yellow arrow onto the character's cover on the roster screen, or put the train button somewhere on the roster screen. We shouldn't have to fake-start a match to access this feature.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker

Just my two cents. Add a filter on the roster screen for trainable characters, or put the yellow arrow onto the character's cover on the roster screen, or put the train button somewhere on the roster screen. We shouldn't have to fake-start a match to access this feature.
    Like many I track and plan the growth of my roster outside the game b/c the in-game tools are just too clunky.  Plus I like spreadsheets.   Never used the Train button and won't miss it, but this is a fair point. 

They've kind of dropped the ball a bit on some UI decisions lately.