Level Up Screen

dylflon
dylflon Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
It's a pretty big oversight to drop the level up screen (which I use every day multiple times) in favor of the support screen (which I'll use sometimes).

This is the first thing that has happened that has made me not want to play. 

Please don't make leveling more cumbersome than it needs to be. 

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Players do have different reasons to stop playing MPQ.

Logically speaking, you would be battling opponents multiple times per day, so you would have to go to the character selection screen. You can level them from there? 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    The train screen was often cumbersome, with it's lack of scrolling, but it was good for finding out exactly who needed iso for undercovered characters. I'd like some option for that on the roster screen.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Nope I never went to the train screen on purpose , it was basically the same screen as the character selection screen so if you really miss it go to enter a battle it's basically still there 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I'm in 3-4star land on my mobile and 2star land on my steam account.  

Both accounts I used the "train" button and am annoyed that they got rid of it. It was quicker to use the train button than to go through Roster > click on the character you THINK can be leveled.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I have never used the Train or Level Up button. I always train them from the roster screen. I did not know it was such a big deal for people.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Simple solution here. 

They already added a filter on the drop down for favorites (the heart).  Why not add an option there for "trainable" characters?  It would show just the characters that need ISO or have unused covers. 

That would actually be an improvement on the old TRAIN screen, which always seemed to have too much unnecessary scrolling anyway.  It also would mean no new UI needed.  Just an option on the dropldown, and a query to make it happen behind the scenes.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never used the level up  screen. I do everything from the main roster list 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I can't remember when I last used the Level Up button.

...but then, most of my roster consists of champions and I am well aware when I get a cover that lets me level up someone. When that happens, it is easier to just go through the roster list and not have to flip through a myriad pages.

• LightningSnoop
    LightningSnoop Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    There is no easy way for me to tell what characters need to level up now.  Please give this back!  I can’t level up all my guys due to lack of iso and it’s a royal pain to find them now.  Got to dig 3 levels deep at least!!!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    The train screen was often cumbersome, with it's lack of scrolling, but it was good for finding out exactly who needed iso for undercovered characters. I'd like some option for that on the roster screen.
    Looks like the support screen threatens to bring plenty of scrolling ... and doubly so on Steam. The support are huge placards on a single row. Only a few now, but they say they want to have 100s .... yikes.

Not that this solves things, but I'd think that next to the drop down for star level, they might eventually put a dropdown for affiliation to help narrow down the list (ie heroes, villians, xmen, etc) 

And to add my two cents, ever since they made rosters with a scroll bar vs clicking arrows; I haven't used the level up screen or whatever it was called.  

STOPTHIS: was there a way to filter your undercovered characters with the old tab?  Myself, I just use the roster screen, select star level, and just slide all the way to the right to see who needs iso... just curious cause I stopped using the screen you were talking about many moons ago.  Thanks.
  • Shintok17
    There is no easy way for me to tell what characters need to level up now.  Please give this back!  I can’t level up all my guys due to lack of iso and it’s a royal pain to find them now.  Got to dig 3 levels deep at least!!!
    You know what characters need to level up since you saw what covers you got everyday. I have 147 roster slots and I know which characters from which tier I have not leveled up. The roster screen already has yellow arrows next to the ones you need to level up. How much more hand holding do you need.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Shintok17 said:
    The roster screen already has yellow arrows next to the ones you need to level up. How much more hand holding do you need.
    This must be a different on different platforms then. I don't see any yellow arrows on the Roster screen telling me which cards need leveling up. I am on Android by the way.

The Training screen did have the yellow arrows that made it easy to see which cards were ready for leveling up.
  • Shintok17
    Rhipf said:
    Shintok17 said:
    The roster screen already has yellow arrows next to the ones you need to level up. How much more hand holding do you need.
    This must be a different on different platforms then. I don't see any yellow arrows on the Roster screen telling me which cards need leveling up. I am on Android by the way.

The Training screen did have the yellow arrows that made it easy to see which cards were ready for leveling up.
    I'm on mobile android as well. Your right the yellow arrow only comes up when you are choosing a character for a match. It is located on the top right of the character's picture and on the bottom next to the Health pack there is a Train button. There is no yellow arrow on the roster screen. Never really thought about it, since I already know who I'm leveling at the moment so I go to that person right away in the Roster screen. I plan my ISO usage in advanced.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Didn’t even occur to me that the Support tab replaced the other one lol I’ve always just used the roster screen to do all my leveling up. Not a real issue imo. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Add me to the list of people that really hates this change.  Not enough to stop playing but certainly enough to stop spending
  • Adam12
    Adam12 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I always used the training screen.  It was way more convenient than using the roster screen.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adam12 said:
    I always used the training screen.  It was way more convenient than using the roster screen.
    Same. Is this a Mobile/Steam thing? As a steam user I only ever hit the other button by accident. I'd always go to the Roster section so I can scroll along quicker.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Adam12 said:
    Same. Is this a Mobile/Steam thing? As a steam user I only ever hit the other button by accident. I'd always go to the Roster section so I can scroll along quicker.
    I use both on both platforms.  The problem with the roster screen is that I have no clue who is eligible to be leveled up.  If they put indicators on characters like with the level up screen, this change is fine, but otherwise it's ****.  I spent nearly 10 more minutes today to level characters as I was bouncing around trying to guess who could be leveled.  I want to spend less time in game, not more, especially for things other than actually playing matches.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    I don’t really mourn its loss, but I did use the training screen to see the health status of my characters.  Is there any easy way to see healing times left on characters now?  The only way I can think of is to fake-start a match and check when selecting your characters, which isn’t a great way to access it.
  • Moonsledge
    Moonsledge Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Adam12 said:
    It would appear that using an Android device/mobile is different from Steam. How could the developers make such an error, send out the update without checking for mistakes. The removal of the train tab is a pretty big mistake. One good suggestion by waddles_pines would be to add an option in the filter to highlight characters who can be levelled up. Developers I hope you're taking notes!