What with the pvp

2»

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ebichu said:
    well first of all thanks everyone who answered, it helped me out a LOT to understand how things work, I feel a lot better already

btw for those interested here is my roster (minus a few covers here and there of course)
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/puppychu/

CL7 with no champed 4's is rough.  Maybe not that rough if your MMR is still giving you other 3* rosters to play against.  If you're not facing off against Gambit and R&G (5* and 4* meta, respectively) you might actually have a speed advantage.  You're not going to be able to beat those multiple-thousand scores without some help, though.  Many of the players getting those scores are doing it by hopping off each others' shields.  Plus, once they pass a certain points thresholds, their matches actually open up and get easier, whereas yours will become much more difficult (and you'll suffer many more hits if you don't shield immediately).
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    You’re doing very well to get to 800 with your roster, genuinely.

The reason why you’re being matched against harder teams at that stage is because there are no other teams with similar roster as high as you are. Take that as a compliment.

If more ppl with your level of roster just kept on going and climbing off each other, you’d be getting up towards 900, as things stand when you get that high you’re on your own and you will get picked off pretty quickly.

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have you ever seen a 5* player talk about breaking MMR and clubbing seals? You're the seal
  • Ebichu
    Ebichu Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Rod5 said:
    You’re doing very well to get to 800 with your roster, genuinely.

The reason why you’re being matched against harder teams at that stage is because there are no other teams with similar roster as high as you are. Take that as a compliment.

If more ppl with your level of roster just kept on going and climbing off each other, you’d be getting up towards 900, as things stand when you get that high you’re on your own and you will get picked off pretty quickly.

Well thanks! Guess it does help but yeah I just managed to finish 44th on cl8 for the strange event, not exactly fantastic but it's the best I manage to get it seems.. I really wish demi urge would do something though cos from what it looks like cl7 through 9 are basically the same thing, just tiny better rewards but it's more a way to spread the rewards over a larger amount of people.. So why not add more shield lvl restrictions like 7 from 68(or something) through 90,  from 91 to 110 or something and so on?
    Or just don't base the cl on shield level at all which is obviously a very bad indicator..
    I mean I'm a 3* mostly roster and I'm over 69,while looking back in cl6 there were obviously some twins that stayed there while having 4 and even 5* roster just abusing the system since they actually know how it works.. When newbies like I us obviously don't..

So yeah am stuck there, just gonna try to stay within the 50th until I get 4* roster and try to aim for the 25th obviously..
    Milk Jugz said:
    Have you ever seen a 5* player talk about breaking MMR and clubbing seals? You're the seal
    Well
     thanks one more thing I just learnt with that topic lol I like seals though we're cute!
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    First, you are going great with your roster, genuinely. And T50 still nets decent rewards for your roster in CL8 - even those of us with 5* and so on get T50 because of the shard system. All the advice in here has been great, and it's always good to see the community like this. 

The other thing this brings to light, which is constantly mentioned on this forum, is that PvP is incredibly badly explained in-game. Whilst some things are products of the game (i.e. players co-ordinating using out-of-game resources to improve their group score), there are many things in this game that are part of the structure, that this poster and many others have hit on, such as the relationship between CL and who you fight in matches (it's been explained on the forum, but is it in the game somewhere?); such as MMR, something intangible that ties all PvP players together, that we can't 100% predict, but is programmed into the game by the Developers. 

If some things were better explained in-game, then PvP would be a lot more enjoyable earlier on. It may be hard to explain, and it may lead to some people being put off by all the concepts at an early stage, but you only have to see the number of posts about PvP to know that the game is failing to explain how it works.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Got to level 65 last night....  sounds like this is gonna be fun :neutral: