MPQ Challenges for fellow players

talleman
talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
In times when speed and mindless tapping are king some players are to busy chasing personal goals and progression to just sitt back and enjoy the game.

This thred is about slow down a bit and find or share some fun/tricky challanges (in game). Some that you have done and want to share or some that you want to know if anyone can pull of.

It can be a specific/crazy line up you want that people try out and win a specific node in PVE with. Or how many points can you get in a specific PvP event or the Simulator with only 2*s? Or just as "simple" to get every tile on the board to be special tile before you win the match etc. Your fantasy is the limit!

You will make the challenges for people to try out. Maybe others will try them out and decides to write another challenge down here that they think is even more tricky.

Flex those brain muscles and let the challenges begin :)

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    My favourite is the protect tile challenge with 3* Cap. How many can you get on the board using only his blue? I think my record was 16. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    When they "re-balanced" 3* Gambit I played Big Enchilada survival using Thanos, Gambit and Sentry. Basically the idea is to see if you can win it using only powers that also cause damage to your characters with the goal of having the most health left at the end (although in fact Gambit actually managed to help kill Thanos!).
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I like doing weird things. Like playing the 1* ddq node without taking any damage other than match damage (so juggs can’t use his headbutt, lots of denying colors). I also try to get all enemies to be alive but under 100 points. Then try to wipe them all out with a cascade or something... anything besides an aoe. Entertaining ourselves because the devs stopped trying...
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    The challenge of RNG of the covers due to the massive dilution of 4*'s and the 6th same power cover is challenge enough for me. 
  • Borstock
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    My favourite is the protect tile challenge with 3* Cap. How many can you get on the board using only his blue? I think my record was 16. 
    The forum highest mention was 56. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/399935/#Comment_399935

That 56 was dropped by several different characters, not just Cap. The reason just Cap becomes an issue is because you're putting more blue on the board each time, but you have to avoid making blue matches.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I used to do the 3* bullseye on wave nodes to see how many daggers he could put out.  I think the record for it was similar to the shield one but with daken and bullseye I think I had 58 once.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two of my favorites are:
    1) Finish all three enemies with 4* Gamora's "Deadliest Woman" (deceptively difficult without a lot of luck, even if you build your team around doing so)
    2) Finish all three enemies with Yelena Belova's "Lethal Recon" (much, much easier, just stupid)
  • Borstock
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    That 56 was dropped by several different characters, not just Cap. The reason just Cap becomes an issue is because you're putting more blue on the board each time, but you have to avoid making blue matches.
    Ah. Ok, I misread the premise. 22 then. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/319141/#Comment_319141
    Nice! Now, I have something to shoot for.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clear the Seed Teams in PvP with the loaner and a couple of 1*. See how far you can get just farming retals with the lowest-level teams you can. If I time it well and don't have a data push or restart wipe out a bunch of my retals, I can hit 575 that way on occasion, usually without using anyone above lvl 200.

Try to get 30 green for 2* Storm or Ares in the 2* DDQ nodes, without wiping the enemy team with match damage in the process.

Similarly, in 2* DDQ, try to down someone (or everyone!) with Magneto's blue at 5 covers.
  • DeadpoolandBob
    DeadpoolandBob Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I like trying to clear the trivial nodes using ME Hulk (Grand Entrance), Grocket & Thanos, without actually matching any tiles.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Try to get full burst health with your real health under 100.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still waiting for a blue 5* Dr. Octopus to do this myself, but see how many auto-moves you can trigger on a single turn. 4ocket/5* Banner/5* Dr. Octopus against someone with a stun is the most I can think of. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    Try to get full burst health with your real health under 100.
    I think my record was Medusa with 7 real health, but full from burst healing. I know I was in single digit real health.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I swear to god if a dev reads this and they add in achievements that I will inevitably feel compelled to chase, I will fight you.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    By the power of Shuri, how many fortifed tiles can you create?
    Can comeone fortify whole board???
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards

Try to get 30 green for 2* Storm or Ares in the 2* DDQ nodes, without wiping the enemy team with match damage in the process.
    I try to fire off Iron Man's Freon Beam in the 1-star node.  Getting 19 blue without killing the enemies off is really, really hard to do.

CCW1208 said:
    I think I've had about 14 fortified tiles, between using Mr F and C4ge.  In the other direction, I've also made a match with three fortified tiles, for 2x the AP: Two red Mockingbird countdown tiles were one tile apart.  I used Mr F's blue to move a fortified red tile in between them.  They match to get rid of the fortification, and match again to get rid of the tiles completely.  I was pleasantly surprised the devs had thought of a weird corner case like that.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards

CCW1208 said:
    I think I've had about 14 fortified tiles, between using Mr F and C4ge.  In the other direction, I've also made a match with three fortified tiles, for 2x the AP: Two red Mockingbird countdown tiles were one tile apart.  I used Mr F's blue to move a fortified red tile in between them.  They match to get rid of the fortification, and match again to get rid of the tiles completely.  I was pleasantly surprised the devs had thought of a weird corner case like that.
    If you can fortify Medusa's Entanglement tile, you can match it into attack tiles twice as well for a super duper edge case.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards

CCW1208 said:
    If you can fortify Medusa's Entanglement tile, you can match it into attack tiles twice as well for a super duper edge case.
    I've done that a good number of times, and that's also very amusing to do.  I've never matched a fortified Entanglement tile with two other fortified tiles, though.

If my Green Goblin were a bit higher level, I could use him with Coulson and Hawkeye to have fortified countdown tiles all over the place.