Now I understand why

2»

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    nonnel said:
    Gambit is why I quit the game 2 years ago
    Interesting, given that Gambit was only introduced at the start of Oct 2017.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    nonnel said:
    Gambit is why I quit the game 2 years ago
    Interesting, given that Gambit was only introduced at the start of Oct 2017.

You don't say.

Besides, Nonnel is counting in cat years.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    PvPs are broken since introducing 5*s, Gambit or not...
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    In my case it's much less an 'I'm quitting because' and more, 'I don't have the energy to play for a couple of hours a day anymore just to sell four of my four star covers for 1000 ISO because I missing the wrong color.  It's not an angry, rage quit but a slow developing ennui that just makes me want to do other things with my free time.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    people are leaving this game.

Bcoz of Gambit.

No Gambit
    No PVP

no matter how hard I try.
    all are useless.

Even if I win one match.
    hit 3-4 times by other gambit already.

wat is the point having other 5*

Game is totally broken.

But you guys have to admit it's pretty cool that ee cummings plays Marvel Puzzle Quest.

I may perform this at the next open mic at my local cafe.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    nobody, not even Ant-man, has such small hands
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Having just entered the five star tier with only Gambit, Thor, and AA champed, I breath a sigh of relief every season that he is not nerfed. I just don't have the depth in the tier yet to play PvP if a nerf happened now (I do have a maxed Spidey, Jean, and DD just need iso to champ).

I feel like the devs are reluctant to nerf him, even though they know they should, because he's the real first gateway five star character since OML. Exploits aside, his release was that reason for many reluctant but should be ready people to take the leap into becoming five star players. 
  • Pezman
    Pezman Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I jumped into 5* land with just gambit and dd. Gambit has not effected my play at all. I don’t play to hit top rank...just do the best I can. I hit 2k in sim easily and 900 in pvp anytime in 1 push without rarely using any hps. I can easily find teams without gambit.  Yes gambit helps me but I can do the same without him also. 
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    @aesthetocyst 3bit doesn't overwrite countdowns either....
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Milk Jugz said:
    This 3* Gambit event had been great. I dusted off some 4* and climbed to 800 with Coulson/Fist. Can't take on 5* Gambit with 4*, but I took out DD/Thor, Thanos/DD, SS/BB, Hawkeye/Coulson, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting with those 4s. They never would have stood a chance against 5* Gambit.

I think that is a big flag on how OP Gambit really is.......
    I quoted my first post in this thread to give a follow up. For Claws for Concern I am running my 405 XFW. I decided to run my 435 Coulson and 426 Iron Fist, also, against all those 5* Gambit teams. Another thing to note, I used less health packs than I thought I would using 4* in the Gambit event, so that pair was really able to handle any 5* that aren't named Gambit.

Against Gambolt...... Hahahahahahahahah..... It was ugly, at best.

Against Thorbit, it went a little better. But, in the end, it was still a wipe.

The same pair of decently boosted 4* that were taking out numerous combinations of 5* that didn't include Gambit failed spectacularly as soon as Gambit was added. And, for what it's worth, that pair was taking out 5* while dragging my 350ish 3* Gambit along. In the current event they have the benefit of another 400+ 4* ally...... And still fail in spectacular fashion.

5* Gambit is absolutely OP is my conclusion.