all are useless.

Even if I win one match.
hit 3-4 times by other gambit already.

wat is the point having other 5*

Game is totally broken.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even without the existence of 5* Gambit, players are still going to leave the game. 5* Gambit is just one of the tens or hundreds of possible reasons why players leave the game. No game, no matter how perfect and how popular it is, can prevent any players from leaving the game.

There exists players in 5* land without Gambit who can deal with Gambit teams. Seek them out and ask for their advice. Even though the current Gambit meta is making you feel hopeless, the good news is the developers hinted they could be making change to Gambit again. When? No idea. But it's something in the pipeline. 

You still have PvE and DDQ.

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    PvP without Gambit sucks, that is the unavoidable truth. The sooner he is nerfed properly the better - I’ve got him, but I’d like to use more than 2/3 5* characters in my roster.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    It probably sucks because your in 5* land. I have been in 4* land for a couple of months and I'm loving the game so much more than before. All I have to deal with is boosted 4*'s. From what everyone always complains about Gambit I think 5* land is not fun at all.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    The OP may be complaining about Sim vs the last PVP event of the season. Either way he’s getting smashed by Gambit teams if he doesn’t have him. Best advice for Sim is to go earlier next season or climb at an off time over the next day or two (avoid awake times in US, maybe).

It’s beating the deadest of horses to once again point out that Gambit is not just the top of the meta.  He is kind of the pinnacle of OP in the game, without something like auto random stun every turn or a similar ridiculous power.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think no matter what tier you’re in you always use the best characters you have available. Speed is most important in PVE and speed plus defense is in PVP. 

I don’t think nerfing Gambit gets rid of the monotony problem. Before him it was Panthos everywhere.  After him it will be whatever combo rises to the top of the meta. 

What getting rid of Gambit will do is make the game easier for 5* players. Because before, even though Panthos was king, most other 5* teams could beat them. So you could play your best even if you didn’t have the very best team and could still win (without coming out limping every match) and your opponent could do the same (balance). But I think the idea of a bunch of variety post-Gambit will likely be a myth. 

This is why I love the 3* and 4* tier. The boosted list defines the meta each week. So it changes and you get to use most all of your characters. Sim (no boosts) is a lot like the 5* game where people just use their same characters over and over (wall of Grocket/dusa). Nerf that team and another will fill that void. 

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think no matter what tier you’re in you always use the best characters you have available. Speed is most important in PVE and speed plus defense is in PVP. 

I don’t think nerfing Gambit gets rid of the monotony problem. Before him it was Panthos everywhere.  After him it will be whatever combo rises to the top of the meta. 

What getting rid of Gambit will do is make the game easier for 5* players. Because before, even though Panthos was king, most other 5* teams could beat them. So you could play your best even if you didn’t have the very best team and could still win (without coming out limping every match) and your opponent could do the same (balance). But I think the idea of a bunch of variety post-Gambit will likely be a myth. 

I think you are incorrect in what needing Gambit will do.  Panthos would become the shield hopping meta again yes but there would be so many more combinations of 5* in PVP.  Look at the gambit PVP you see Hawkeye/Coulson. DD/Thor, Thanos/someone.  I have run DD/GR, DD/AA, GR/BSSM(against grocket, my team was super slow I don’t recommend this team).  I even seen some green goblin sightings and Dr Strange our.  The reality is there is no clear “top” 5* after gambit right now.  And that would be a much better experience than gambit all day long
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:

I think you are incorrect in what needing Gambit will do.  Panthos would become the shield hopping meta again yes but there would be so many more combinations of 5* in PVP.  Look at the gambit PVP you see Hawkeye/Coulson. DD/Thor, Thanos/someone.  I have run DD/GR, DD/AA, GR/BSSM(against grocket, my team was super slow I don’t recommend this team).  I even seen some green goblin sightings and Dr Strange our.  The reality is there is no clear “top” 5* after gambit right now.  And that would be a much better experience than gambit all day long
    That’s the thing. Right now there isn’t and people are enjoying using other things after being subjected to Gambit so long. This event is an anomoly.  I guarantee that would dry up and inevitably a top team would fill the void. You play this game long enough, and you know the drill. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:

That’s the thing. Right now there isn’t and people are enjoying using other things after being subjected to Gambit so long. This event is an anomoly.  I guarantee that would dry up and inevitably a top team would fill the void. You play this game long enough, and you know the drill. 
    The thing is it won’t be another top team it will be D3 will release another broken character or a major power creep character that is a must have.  This is what D3 has done.  Look at Sentry, buff to Xforce, Hulkbuster, silver surfer, OML, Phoenix, Thanos and Gambit.  It is about a broken character or an overpowered character that defines th meta.  D3 knows that in order to get the player base to spend and to re engage they need a massive power creep or a new meta defining character.  Since I have been playing for years that has been what has defined a true meta. If Gamvit gets nerfed then the 5* tier will be fairly wide open until they release an over powered 5*.  You might see a specific team probably DD/Thor or maybe even JJ in there but for players who have a couple strong 5* they will be viable.  You compare that to today’s meta and it is either Gambit or nothing becuas of his AP generation and AP steal.  It is like the Hood meta where you have to mirror match or you have a very good chance of losing.  If Gambit has not come out the 5* meta would have shifted away from Panthos as the stand alone defining meta and there would not be a must have #1 5* in the game.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime said:

This was the first event I've really enjoyed for a long time.  I had the opportunity to use all my other 5* champs, as well as some very strong boosted 4*s who were good for everything except for clearing grills and trying my luck against boosted Jessica Jones (went 2/3 there - her traps are rather nasty at lvl 550+).

At the same time, a lot of people do seem to have reverted to the next best team, which is arguably Thor/Daredevil. But unlike Gambit, I can consistently beat that team with a wide variety of 5/5, 5/4 and 4/4 teams.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    This 3* Gambit event had been great. I dusted off some 4* and climbed to 800 with Coulson/Fist. Can't take on 5* Gambit with 4*, but I took out DD/Thor, Thanos/DD, SS/BB, Hawkeye/Coulson, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting with those 4s. They never would have stood a chance against 5* Gambit.

I think that is a big flag on how OP Gambit really is.......
  • OldManWolvs
    OldManWolvs Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    From a 5* player who has no choice but to use Gambit every match, this pvp has been very refreshing. I was able to climb with my trusted classics: Surfer, Phoenix, Bolt, Thanos and a little Goblin. It was great to have more variety. 
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    I have mixed feelings on this gambit PvP. Its amazing not having to do 5bit mirror matches every match, but carrying this chump 3bit through the event is a bit of a drag, he's the worst.

Nerf 5bit, best of both worlds.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't quit, but my playtime and urge to spend has dropped precipitously because of Gambit.  I used to do my PvE clears in the morning and PvP at night.  Now I do my PvE clears whenever and do PvP if I need something to help me sleep.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    DD and Thor both have the 50% condition before they get awesome.  Gambit doesn’t.  That’s the reason he’s so OP, and the others are easy to beat on D.

Add the 50% condition to gambit’s AP drain/generation and the problem will be solved.  Use if you want but you won’t have to anymore.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I enjoyed the Gambit PvP for two reasons: 1. Lots of people seemed to use the loaned Gambit, who only had 7600 health, and 2. R4G was boosted. Pair champed R4G with champed G4mora for the strike tile bonus. Burn Gambit down first and you're laughing. I was able to get up past 800, which I normally can't do in PvP, and finished in 14th place :smiley:
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the solution to 5* Gambit is for every single PvP ongoing to be 3* Gambit. MPQ always finds a way.
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Gambit is why I quit the game 2 years ago