April Fools Celebration! (3/30/18)

Options
13»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On a more serious note though, I really don't understand what the Devs get out of leaving characters like Bag-Man and Yelena the way they are. I don't know how hypothetically "easy" it may be, but it certainly doesn't seem to be an issue to re-balance other characters in the game. It'd be one thing if they threw us a bone to get higher chances at some covers every once in a while, but to literally force us to use him in a PVP, in his current state? That's just torture. 
    First, any character update takes work on the dev's part.  I would much rather they spent time on 3s, 4s, and 5s than 1s and 2s.  (Why 1* Spidey was updated remains a mystery, although he is pretty much Marvel's flagship character, so making him the best 1 for new players makes a lot of sense.)

Leaving Bagman and Yelena terrible makes them simply "collector's items".  Revamping them seems counterintuitive for their purpose; rare characters that don't add anything to your roster, but are fun to try to collect.  And that you literally cannot buy, only get randomly.

I have a max champed Bagman and an 11 cover dupe, but man those covers are coming slowly lately.  I also don't care if I ever finish Bagman #2.  If he was somehow more useful I might feel frustrated that I couldn't get his covers.

I like the Bagman PVP once a year.  It's off season and has Bagman rewards, so players can just ignore it if they don't feel like playing it.  And once you are in the 4+ tiers, the tagalong character barely matters anyway, and everyone is in the same boat (using a bad character).  Players always have the option to not play PVP for a couple days or just 575 and out, or whatever.  To me it's a fun event.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be nice to get some more insights from Mr. Will...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Actually they did explain somwhere in this forum that the previous version of 1* Spidey was changed because it was confusing/complex for a lack of better words to new players, and I think, based on my memory, that it is causing new players to leave based on the data that they have.

edit: just saw OJSP's post. 
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    they should have a buffed 1 star only or buffed 2 star only offseason event that awards the usal pvp prog.  4* at 900 and cp at 1.2.  that be wiiiild