April Fools Celebration! (3/30/18)

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Is Jubilee in the game icon another April Fool's thing, or are we (yet again) stuck in the stupid phase where you know about something, WE know about something, and you're still not allowed to talk to us about it because a Marvel.com article is holding the information hostage (with bonus 50/50 odds that we find out in-game before the article goes live anyways)?
    I think if they were going to do an April Fools for a character it would be Dazzler...
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Deadpool and Black Panther are my favorite covers.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think if they were going to do an April Fools for a character it would be Dazzler...
    A real April fools joke would have changed all the covers in the game to Dazzler covers.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A real April fools joke would have changed all the covers in the game to Dazzler covers.
    Surely they’ll release Dazzler just before the game ends... like the first sign of the Apocalypse.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where did the love for Dazzler come from or is it some kind of joke among veteran players?
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A couple of days ago I finally champed him after 4 years, someone in the Marvel Universe hates me.  :o
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Where did the love for Dazzler come from or is it some kind of joke among veteran players?
    It is a joke. I don't know exactly why and how, and when it all started, but it's something among the lines of "triangle has 3 sides, Half Life 3 confirmed". Dazzler is the equivalent of that in MPQ community.
  • Twiztid690
    Twiztid690 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When does the hero for hire have tha level 9 hero pack
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No 4* covers at all for the bagman event. You could have at least given us a Howard Cover at 900....
  • Over__Flow
    Options
    Having to champion AA, I prefer 8k iso to a 4* cover...
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why does every reward always have to be "in place of" instead of "in addition to". Could have easily tacked on some bagman covers on top of what we usually get, but no, it's in place of as usual. Plus an anemic vault with no discount. And as mentioned above, at the expense of the 4* cover at 900
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event is supposed to be a fun, silly, non-competitive joke of an event. Make it full of rewards greater than we normally get PVP and all of a sudden people become more competitive and it’s just like any other.

We can live without one 4* cover this event. I’d say just enjoy it for what it is. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't believe people getting pissed off over a PvP that falls on April's Fool Day... and we are talking about Bagman PvP that falls during off-season period. Eat some chill pill.  :s

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally champed my Bagman. For some reason I was under the impression all his heroic tokens had been traded up to give LTs, so I was mildly underwhelmed to get that heroic. But it was on-brand for April Fools, so I couldn't be too mad I guess.
  • Big10Inch
    Big10Inch Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't care that the PvP sucks, I care that they screwed with the off-season pack, I'd been saving up.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Big10Inch said:
    I don't care that the PvP sucks, I care that they screwed with the off-season pack, I'd been saving up.
    There is more than 1 off-season pack you know. The Wolverine one is next. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Big10Inch said:
    The second off season offers two options:  a pack without Valkyrie (better odds of Vulture) or with Valkyrie. Just decide if you want to buy before or after the token update on Thursday.  It’s better to have the first off season be the Bagman nonsense.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wish they would have gone all out and thrown in a Howard PvP (crash) too, maybe even a Dino, to run alongside bagman PvP.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It took me forever after finally rostered Bag-Man to actually get him fully covered, and that satisfied me enough. A PVP where I get this many covers thrown at me.....guess it's time to champ him. Now let's see how long it takes to get to 144. 

On a more serious note though, I really don't understand what the Devs get out of leaving characters like Bag-Man and Yelena the way they are. I don't know how hypothetically "easy" it may be, but it certainly doesn't seem to be an issue to re-balance other characters in the game. It'd be one thing if they threw us a bone to get higher chances at some covers every once in a while, but to literally force us to use him in a PVP, in his current state? That's just torture. This is even worse than the Spid3y-on-Spid3y PVP used to be before he got a damage-dealing ability, at least he could stun. This guy on the other hand charges you 17 Blue AP to lock down 5 tiles that you don't even get to choose. If it weren't for that iso sum at 900 this one would def be a hard pass.  
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It took me forever after finally rostered Bag-Man to actually get him fully covered, and that satisfied me enough. A PVP where I get this many covers thrown at me.....guess it's time to champ him. Now let's see how long it takes to get to 144. 

On a more serious note though, I really don't understand what the Devs get out of leaving characters like Bag-Man and Yelena the way they are. I don't know how hypothetically "easy" it may be, but it certainly doesn't seem to be an issue to re-balance other characters in the game. It'd be one thing if they threw us a bone to get higher chances at some covers every once in a while, but to literally force us to use him in a PVP, in his current state? That's just torture. This is even worse than the Spid3y-on-Spid3y PVP used to be before he got a damage-dealing ability, at least he could stun. This guy on the other hand charges you 17 Blue AP to lock down 5 tiles that you don't even get to choose. If it weren't for that iso sum at 900 this one would def be a hard pass.  
    That essential character is not really relevant in PVP anyway. No one really bases their whole strategy on that character unless your in 2* or 3* land. They all feel like something your forced to drag around with your other 2 better and stronger characters. Bagman or whoever it is irrelevant since your other 2 are going to be the ones that deal the most damage or take the hits anyway. I don't have Bagman rostered and never will and I got to 900+ points using Jessica and 4* Iron Fist. Bagman was just along for the ride.