It would be great with we got a Token that could unlock any power regardless of the color ?

modok47
modok47 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
edited March 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Since I started playing MPQ I always wanted an option to unlock any power regardless of the color. They should consider this option in future updates. 

It would be great with we got a Token that could unlock any power regardless of the color ? 32 votes

Hell Yes
81% 26 votes
No I like the way it is
18% 6 votes

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I predict this poll will get removed due to rule 13:

13. All polls must be unbiased. They must contain at least one neutral option, and an equal amount of opposing options. (For example: Yes, Neutral, No) 

OP you might want to reformulate your poll to meet the rules if you want it to last.  They've been pretty strict on this lately.  

As nice of a QoL thing as that would be, it would break how progression needs to work to keep a freemium game alive. 

I'm not saying nothing can/should be done, but I don't think that's the right answer.  Some kind of system where you each time you get an unusable cover you can trade that in for a token, after accumulating a number of tokens you can then spend them to get specific covers. 

There would need to be safe guards to prevent exploiting, but I'd rather see something like that.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    The concept of colorless covers is nothing new. Everyone has wanted that since the game launched. However, it works against the profit margin and will never happen.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Plus I think they have some technical issues and that it would incur a major code rewrite.

You can see it happening already.  New Chars come out with unique powers that have various QofL enhancements.  But they struggle with adding those QoL enhancements back to older powers because of various design decision.

They will save color less covers for a "from ground up" rebuild of the engine that fundamentally changes how we play the game.
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    This would be awesome. Maybe a season progression reward at like 8k points? (twice that of the existing 10pk reward) so basically once a season you can save some covers from expiring with out having to spend 120 or even 240 CP. I guess people could bank said tokens and use on a new character upon release, but you would have to save for about a year to do that
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    I get why we haven't and won't get colorless covers, but I don't get why we can't get a way to deal with useless covers.  Like x amount of hp to change the color of a cover.  Make it expensive enough that you think about it before doing it, but actually give us an option to deal with it
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    **Closing this thread as it violates the rules of poll making. There is no neutral/indifferent option and choices are not allowed to be accompanied with qualifiers anymore, such as the "I like the way it is". Choices should be objective and voters can detail why they chose their response in the thread if they feel it is important to do so.**
This discussion has been closed.