R149 Release Notes (3/26/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,
Here are the release notes for the R149 update!

MPQ 149!
  • Check out some of the latest characters and events!
What's Changed:
  • Players will now be able to select Doctor Doom more easily in the starting tutorial of the game.
  • Fixed a rare bug where players were receiving incorrect event rewards.
  • Powered-Up characters will now correctly show their increased stats in the Character Select screen.
  • Fixed a rare display bug where players were seeing a Recruit screen too quickly

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby
    Any comment on Jubilee's appearance on the app screen?
    Any comment on there being no SCL pack today?  
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options

- Powered-Up characters will now correctly show their increased stats in the Character Select screen.

This will be very handy, thanks for the update and fix!
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jubilee is probably an April Fools joke. It better be because I have been waiting for Mr. Sinister for a while. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

MPQ 149!
    Check out some of the latest characters and events!

Well, it's not obviously a clue for Dazzler, so it's probably just a space-filler.

I'm still waiting for the [redacted] so that I can [redacted] my [redacted] because [redacted].

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Classic Jubilee or Vampire Jubilee? Blade has been a vampire slayer in a game without other vampires for too long!
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

MPQ 149!
    Check out some of the latest characters and events!

Well, it's not obviously a clue for Dazzler, so it's probably just a space-filler.

I'm still waiting for the [redacted] so that I can [redacted] my [redacted] because [redacted].

Powered-Up characters will now correctly show their increased stats in the Character Select screen.

Dazzler is powered up. Dazzler confirmed!
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Classic Jubilee or Vampire Jubilee? Blade has been a vampire slayer in a game without other vampires for too long!
    It looks like Classic 90's Jubilation Lee from the pic on the update today.
  • Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    No fix for the Heroes for Hire store?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bah. I was hoping for a big announcement on the top secret new feature. I was hoping it’d be rolled out with the new season. And we’d get details now as that’s a week away. Though maybe that’d be a separate thread?
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also, can we find out what the incoming change is that required the steam UI to be all fragged up? Please?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bah. I was hoping for a big announcement on the top secret new feature. I was hoping it’d be rolled out with the new season. And we’d get details now as that’s a week away. Though maybe that’d be a separate thread?
    To be fair, the new season starts next Thursday, so there’s still time for a grand announcement.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    cozmo1682 said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,
    Here are the release notes for the R149 update!

• Players will now be able to select Doctor Doom more easily in the starting tutorial of the game.
    Finger on the pulse right here.
    This issue was actually bigger than it may sound. Players were unable to easily locate where to click Doctor Doom, in order to trigger the next sequence of events. Due to this, there were players that thought their game crashed or froze, causing them to not be able to progress further.

This fix should now make it so it's much easier to locate the correct area to click, in order to continue tutorial progression.
    Snark recanted then. That is a big deal for new players.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    To be fair, the new season starts next Thursday, so there’s still time for a grand announcement.
    I thought it was Monday. Totally forgot there’s an off-season. 
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Roster interface on Steam is still broken.  Please fix.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:

Fixed a rare bug where players were receiving incorrect event rewards.
    What is this supposed to mean?

Also, when are we getting news about the groundbreaking features that ended up trashing the Steam UI?
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ursopro said:
    Brigby said:

Fixed a rare bug where players were receiving incorrect event rewards.
    What is this supposed to mean?

Also, when are we getting news about the groundbreaking features that ended up trashing the Steam UI?
    Would appear that some players were not getting the right rewards, and now that's been fixed.

If they told you when you're getting news, it wouldn't be news.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MojoWild said:

If they told you when you're getting news, it wouldn't be news.
    Really?  Almost all TV and radio news on then planet would disagree with you. They tell you when they’ll be airing their news to an often obsessive degree. 

So you’re saying if they said this:
    (Example totally fake)
    Stay at tuned to the forums on Thursday for news about an exciting new feature!

it suddenly wouldn’t be news?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    But if they did that, people might not come to the forums until Thursday. Lower traffic = lower engagement.