The font/typeface used in-game

rc35
rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
edited March 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi All,
I thought some of you might like to know that the font/typeface used (mostly) in-game seems to be one called 'Flexo'.
(I found this out by putting part of a screencap in a font matcher)

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, excellent! I've been idly kicking around the idea of doing some parodies of the dialogue from a few nodes, and being able to match the font will really make those look better. Thanks!
  • TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker
    rc35 said:
    Hi All,
    I thought some of you might like to know that the font/typeface used (mostly) in-game seems to be one called 'Flexo'.
    (I found this out by putting part of a screencap in a font matcher)

Thanks for this. I've previously played around with the game graphics and the closest match I could find was Neustadt, but it was obvious that certain characters were not right. Certainly satiates my graphic design curiosity.
  • TriggerTime
    Oh, excellent! I've been idly kicking around the idea of doing some parodies of the dialogue from a few nodes, and being able to match the font will really make those look better. Thanks!

I should point out that - as a previous offender - if you are editing in-game graphics, do not post them on the forum. You'll get an official warning. 'Nuff said.
  • TriggerTime
    edited March 2018
    Why yes, yes, it is. Flexo was a "hot" typeface in mobile development back when this game was in development, praised for high legibility on small screens and in tiny sizes. And it's a great type family, comes in many weights. I've used it when making MPR memes and fantasy screens:

//Removed Artwork That Could Potentially Be Confused For Official Content -Brigby

What are you working on? 

Amazing work @aesthetocyst! Where might I be able to see more?

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

I should point out that - as a previous offender - if you are editing in-game graphics, do not post them on the forum. You'll get an official warning. 'Nuff said.
    Wait, what. Seriously, why?
  • TriggerTime

I posted a reply to this topic in the form of a humourous dialogue, pretty much as you described. I thought it would be tolerated as I'd previously posted edited artwork when Old Man Logan was nerfed, but this time it was promptly removed and I received an official warning.

I think the main reason for this was that those dialogues could be mistaken for official MPQ screenshots.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

I posted a reply to this topic in the form of a humourous dialogue, pretty much as you described. I thought it would be tolerated as I'd previously posted edited artwork when Old Man Logan was nerfed, but this time it was promptly removed and I received an official warning.

I think the main reason for this was that those dialogues could be mistaken for official MPQ screenshots.
    That's correct. While we understand that these are all fan-made artwork, as a testament to the impressive skill @aesthetocyst has for Photoshop, it is unfortunately rather easy for new players to potentially construe those images as official in-game content and thereby official representation of those Marvel characters.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    So let’s over police the forums and let bigger issues run in the game.  That seems like a smart move.  Kudos. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    So let’s over police the forums and let bigger issues run in the game.  That seems like a smart move.  Kudos. 
    Yea, because they want to run the risk of losing their license with Marvel over unapproved images floating around on the forum...