Spring Currency Sales! (3/21/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Spring time is here, and with it comes a new currency sale! Check out the details below:

Hero Point Sale
  • What: 30% Bonus on Hero Points
  • Unlimited Purchases
  • Starts: March 20th at 10am EDT
  • Ends: March 30th at 10am EDT
One-Time Double Hero Points Sale
  • What: 2x Bonus (plus an additional 30% from the base sale) on the Logan's Loonies offer
  • Maximum 1 Purchase
  • Starts: March 20th between 10am and 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: March 30th between 10am and 12:00pm EDT
Iso-8 Sale
  • What: 30% Bonus on Iso-8
  • Unlimited Purchases
  • Starts: March 26th at 10am EDT
  • Ends: April 9th at 10am EDT
One-Time Double Iso-8 Sale
  • What: 2x Bonus (plus an additional 30% from the base sale) on the Hidden Stash offer
  • Maximum 1 Purchase
  • Starts: March 26th between 10am and 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: April 9th between 10am and 12:00pm EDT

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fix the pack dilution then i will start spending money on the game again :smile:
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Iso8 doesn't show any sales (30% or 230%) for me. Not that I'd buy it anyway.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And it shouldn't seeing how it'll start on March 26th, which is still 4 days away.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Logan's Loonies costs $2 more than Hidden Stash.    Canadian,   Android.    Is this a NAFTA thing?   D3go figured the LL would be really popular and decided to jack their users for a couple of extra bucks?   That's pretty crumby.    Or has it actually been more money for a while?
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And it shouldn't seeing how it'll start on March 26th, which is still 4 days away.
    Well then. I suppose I should read all the details even if I have no intentions of buying.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    derrickn said:
    Logan's Loonies costs $2 more than Hidden Stash.    Canadian,   Android.    Is this a NAFTA thing?   D3go figured the LL would be really popular and decided to jack their users for a couple of extra bucks?   That's pretty crumby.    Or has it actually been more money for a while?
    During sales the offers are standardized for your region/store. You will temporarily not see the lower personalized offer/AB-testing you have been enjoying.
    Welcome to the real world. Next step is realizing other regions pay even more. Up to 20% for the same items. 
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    derrickn said:
    I raised a ticket as the Logan's was £2.50 more for the double offer than standard (GBP Android).  Not sure what i'll get if anything, but thought it best to confirm with CS that this isn't intended.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Daiches said:
    derrickn said:
    During sales the offers are standardized for your region/store. You will temporarily not see the lower personalized offer/AB-testing you have been enjoying.
    Welcome to the real world. Next step is realizing other regions pay even more. Up to 20% for the same items. 
    It's nothing to do with lower personalised offer/AB testing, it's selling something at the wrong price. Logan's has always been £14.99 for me, the amount of the HP on offer may increase and decrease, but the price has never increased, now with this offer it's gone up, but as soon as I bought the offer, it dropped back to £14.99 with the 30% extra.
  • derrickn
    Options
    That was my point, as well.    I get the concept of currency exchange rates.   Its the fact that they added a surcharge to the LL offer versus Hidden Stash.   But thanks for the attitude Daiches.   Liked the inference about being from a privileged life.   Maybe you should do a little due diligence before making assumptions?
  • Daiches
    Options
    derrickn said:
    That was my point, as well.    I get the concept of currency exchange rates.   Its the fact that they added a surcharge to the LL offer versus Hidden Stash.   But thanks for the attitude Daiches.   Liked the inference about being from a privileged life.   Maybe you should do a little due diligence before making assumptions?
    Probably because every single time before this happened, what I described has been the case? MPQ just has a lot of personalized offers, and they never use it to fix regional/store discrepancies. 
    14,99 pounds is 17€. À Logan costs 22€ on iOS. That includes an extra 10% Apple tax for Europeans, so normal price would still be 20€ On Android. Guess what? That 16,99 pounds offer IS 20€. YOU ARE BEING PRIVILEGED. Your normal offer you have been getting is cheaper than normal price setting.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It has always be £14.99 on my accounts too before the sale. 

So not sure it has anything to do with A/B tests. But even so the AB testing shouldnt come into it. All it does is open them to complaints to fair trade and trading standards and stuff.

I know they changed the guidelines early last year in the U.K from a 28 day policy to a more clear wording strategy when running a price comparison. Which the extra percentage free is. They are get a percentage free. Extra charges lower that petcentage. And it doesn't state the base price has increased nor if the percentage extra is inline with the baseline increase or not .

So it reads like your getting an extra amount for the price that has been established as standard. Increasing the standard lowers the free percentage creating an misleading and false advertisement. 

Not an expert, but pretty sure they could get a hefty fine for that sort of thing. Unless the percentage free takes account for the change. But even so it should be clearer. 

Just saying.

• derrickn
    Options
    Daiches said:
    derrickn said:
    Probably because every single time before this happened, what I described has been the case? MPQ just has a lot of personalized offers, and they never use it to fix regional/store discrepancies. 
    14,99 pounds is 17€. À Logan costs 22€ on iOS. That includes an extra 10% Apple tax for Europeans, so normal price would still be 20€ On Android. Guess what? That 16,99 pounds offer IS 20€. YOU ARE BEING PRIVILEGED. Your normal offer you have been getting is cheaper than normal price setting.
    I still don't understand your point.    I shouldn't feed the troll but just this one last time.
    My original post clearly said "Canadian, Android".   Not sure why you're converting pounds to Euro's unless as by way of extapolating to the rest of the world? 
    My original post didn't complain about the price, either - they can charge whatever they want.    I did complain that they appear to have jacked up the price on the 'big sale' item - if you compare to the corresponding Iso-8 item which has always been priced identically in the past.   If the price goes back to the lower price after the sale, then similar to what Blergh said, that would probably contravene Canadian law.   Not that I'm  going to sue.... 
  • Blergh
    Options
    derrickn said:
    Daiches said:
    derrickn said:
    I still don't understand your point.    I shouldn't feed the troll but just this one last time.
    My original post clearly said "Canadian, Android".   Not sure why you're converting pounds to Euro's unless as by way of extapolating to the rest of the world? 
    My original post didn't complain about the price, either - they can charge whatever they want.    I did complain that they appear to have jacked up the price on the 'big sale' item - if you compare to the corresponding Iso-8 item which has always been priced identically in the past.   If the price goes back to the lower price after the sale, then similar to what Blergh said, that would probably contravene Canadian law.   Not that I'm  going to sue....
    The way they've presented it is pretty damning actually. Banner at the top with '3770 FREE !' on it. Before and after screenshots with a long list of past purchased receipts from Google, mobile provider or PayPal will establish the usual price...  more like 3400 free due to the price hike.

Just kind of makes me question how far am I willing to go for that extra heroic token? I need more Moonstone. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There have been issues with the one time LL offer on Amazon per this post on D3's support page (edit: which should have been fixed already). I wouldn't be surprised if there are other issues as well. I would definitely send in a ticket to investigate if it is acting as intended.
  • Daiches
    Options
    derrickn said:
    Daiches said:
    derrickn said:
    Responding to two people at once with the same issue. I used the 14,99 pounds going to 16,99 pounds example (Canada is Canadian dollars). I even explained Apple has a 10% tax in Europe since a year. Before that Android pricing was same. Logan 20€ on each format. Conversion shows you are getting a cheaper deal than normal. Many UK people can chime in to correspond that as well. 
    My point is they DIDN'T jack up your price. You are seeing the normal price for your region, because the offer is a blanket offer for the community as a one time  deal. When purchasing that, it goes back to your personalized pricing.
    The absolutely disgusting pricing policy is one of my sticking points for MPQ. Because I believe D3 should not unfairly influence the worth of ingame items relative to location or platform. Especially not when they have the tools available to offer personalized offers.
    There was even a cheat on Android to force a lower price setting way back. Just had to install uninstall reinstall  to get a "new player deal". They luckily fixed that. But it gave serious HP advantage to a lot of players first.

• Luke Spook
    Luke Spook Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So the increased price is the corectc price then? Is that the official decision?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So the increased price is the corectc price then? Is that the official decision?
    IMO here is the official decision:
    Ducky said:
    There have been issues with the one time LL offer on Amazon per this post on D3's support page (edit: which should have been fixed already). I wouldn't be surprised if there are other issues as well. I would definitely send in a ticket to investigate if it is acting as intended.
    Unless CS, @Brigby, or another Demi/D3 employee tells you it's not official, despite what some here might want to claim.
  • Blergh
    Options
    No. Legally the correct price should be the one you're always shown. If you've been shown it constantly for a number of months and it hasn't changed, hasn't been marked as lower or had any information attached to it to tell you its lower - than you have no information or reason to think it should be set higher. Your being told it is the price of the item. And you have historical evidence that it has been fixed at this price without changes.

In game the developers have not said they are giving you a discount with the lower rate or that it is a test. Neither have they given a reason for a higher rate. To buy with fairness consumers needs this information, its called informed choice. They should be given all the information so they can an informed purchase.Service companies, Supermarkets, every industry has to operate with a certain level of transparency in regards to prices and changes. That hasn't been communicated in any form. They'd fail to defend any challenge. 

This is taken from a solictors talking about the regulations in the UK:-

Businesses should take the following simple steps to prepare themselves in case they need to fend off any potential challenges:

• retain records of prices and any promotions, including the manner in which these have been communicated to consumers;
    • ensure terms and conditions are transparent and user-friendly; and
    https://www.reedsmith.com/en/perspectives/2017/03/50-off--new-guidance-on-pricing-practices-reduced - full article there.

So regardless of A/B testing or higher prices your sales price shouldn't change. As you could take them to a regulation board and they wouldnt have a leg to stand on. Be bit extreme and effort due to the level of change but you'd be in your rights to. 

But no,  there been no offical statement on this thread anywhere. It is all conjecture from players in this thread. If you really concerned contact CS or contact or @Brigby to see if they can get someone to shed some light on it.