Goofy interaction ideas

Options
2»

Comments

• TheExaminer
    TheExaminer Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Continuing with the weird flip support interactions, apparently if you flip one, Starfield will bring back the original copy.  If a flipped support is destroyed, starfield brings it back post-flip.  Infinite dowsing rods anyone?
    With Rampaging Ferocidon for infinite drain? :D
  • TheZorch
    TheZorch Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So how about a bombo or two?
    so you decide to play avaricious dragon in a Redjani deck ... that’s fine.  By don’t use it with white supports against a white opponent ... the dragons ability will pick off your shields.

one way to deal with dowsing dagger’s downside ( new tongue twister ) is to kill the plants with a kill spell. But don’t choose walk the plank . That will kill most everything but merfolk ....but it sputters on the plants ( feels like a bug) and you waste the spell ( and haven’t killed the plants)

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Walk the Plank, along with a few other new kill spells, has brought back the Prevent Damage stopping kill spells bug. Apparently, kill spells do damage equal to toughness for the kill by default, and need to be individually fixed to avoid this bug.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Continuing with the weird flip support interactions, apparently if you flip one, Starfield will bring back the original copy.  If a flipped support is destroyed, starfield brings it back post-flip.  Infinite dowsing rods anyone?
    Yup! I've had a lot of fun running Storm the Vault with Starfield for huge mana gains.
  • Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign + Dubious Challenge was a pleasant surprise.  Build a deck with Unesh as the only creature then cast Dubious Challenge to summon Unesh.  If the opponent's creature is one of the first two cards in the library, that creature will be summoned at your side.  Makes me laugh every time I steal a  mythic or masterpiece.  I think this might be a bug because even though Unesh stole the creature, Dubious Challenge should have summoned it under your opponent's control not your control, right?  Obviously, it could backfire if the opponent's creature is not in the next two, but it's good for a laugh every time it happens.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Larz70 said:
    Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign + Dubious Challenge was a pleasant surprise.  Build a deck with Unesh as the only creature then cast Dubious Challenge to summon Unesh.  If the opponent's creature is one of the first two cards in the library, that creature will be summoned at your side.  Makes me laugh every time I steal a  mythic or masterpiece.  I think this might be a bug because even though Unesh stole the creature, Dubious Challenge should have summoned it under your opponent's control not your control, right?  Obviously, it could backfire if the opponent's creature is not in the next two, but it's good for a laugh every time it happens.
    That is definitely a bug, and I will definitely try it out because it sounds amazingly fun
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Larz70 said:

if you use a bounce to deck spell beforehand then
    you can steal the first copy of an opponents creature.

HH
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You don't want infinite dowsing daggers unless you don't care about infinite plant tokens. Nyx/growing rites of itlimoc is a sweet, fun lil combo. Embalm for days
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had a fun interaction idea. It’s legacy, but still fun.

The Rivals masterpieces are all spirits. Coupled with Rattlechains, they all gain hexproof. Throw a destroy spell in your deck and you control how and when they get destroyed and so you control their abilities to ensure board conditions are right (if you want to play with that). In that way they don’t get wasted by Greg’s “luck”.