Howard Hunting: March 2018- How’d you do?

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a Green I can’t use
    Unusable green. 3rd in a row. Getting boring now. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    3/3/0 now
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    It’s all champ levels to me, homie
    Level 279 for my Howard.
    279th level for me too :smiley:
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Level 289 now.  Woo?
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    It's the first time I've seen this event, thus my first cover, but please explain: what's the rationale for keeping him?   Isn't he just a joke character?  Are the rewards for champing him that exciting?  (I looked online but couldn't figure out what they were.  Someone mentioned an LT in this thread?)  The Iso to level him up and the HP to buy him a roster slot where'd he gather dust for months (or years) before champing seems...   not great...
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a Blue I can’t use
    It's the first time I've seen this event, thus my first cover, but please explain: what's the rationale for keeping him?   Isn't he just a joke character?  Are the rewards for champing him that exciting?  (I looked online but couldn't figure out what they were.  Someone mentioned an LT in this thread?)  The Iso to level him up and the HP to buy him a roster slot where'd he gather dust for months (or years) before champing seems...   not great...
    He has the same rewards as the other 4* characters.

It would be fun if they could let devil dino and Howard feed a limited 5 star. 
  • Brigadierbleu
    Brigadierbleu Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Got a Blue I can’t use
    I’m 2/6/1 now. Was hoping for anything other than blue. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don’t care / skipped the event / other
    There wasn’t an option that fit my spot. This is the 16th or 17th howard. Not because I got bad color layout but I’ve never had the ISO to feel champing him was the best thing to do so the covers got sold. Hopefully I’ll finally champ him this time. I have like 7 13+ 4*s on the vine but I’m planning to sell some of my max champed 3*s to enable me to champ them all. Gearing up to finally get off the 4* treadmill and maybe see the end of the ISO drought tunnel. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Got a useable Purple!
    Like all the “limited” characters (except Yelena since she drops so often) he’s really just a trophy.

He’s not essential, needed for anything, or particularly powerful, but Howard, Dino and Bag-Man are really just fun “side quests” for players who are interested (which is my objection with allowing swaps or colorless covers with these characters, it takes away that joy of FINALLY finishing them).

Early on in the 2* game when roster spots are at a premium you’ll hear people say “roster everyone except maybe Bag-Man”. I think the same holds true for Howard if you are early in the 4 game and still scrambling for slots.  The LT mentioned earlier is the reward for the first champ level you get after champing a 4.

If you have the resources to roster him I absolutely would. I believe he’s worth it. Otherwise, it won’t kill you to let him go if you need to use the HP elsewhere.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Got a Purple I can’t use
    4/2/18 now
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a Purple I can’t use
    Purple again. Always Purple. All I need is one green or blue to champ him, but RNGesus is cruel to me.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a useable Purple!
    4/4/4 a couple of years from now maybe?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    287 now 
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Level 285 for me
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a useable Purple!
    Howard is now 1/3/3, so halfway to Champ land.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a useable Blue!
    Mine's now at 1/5/5.  I look forward to the next three dozen unusable covers.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a useable Purple!
    Went in with a 5/0/1, expecting a 6th green, was pleasantly surprised it was a Purple, though I'd have preferred a blue so I'd have the option to buy him up eventually if I were so inclined.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was excited for this event cause my Howard was at 279. So I got an LT for my troubles this time around. It wasn't anything good, but one pull closer to the next 5* I guess. 
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Got a useable Purple!
    A welcome Purple to 4/3/2.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Got a Blue I can’t use
    0/5/2, and drew my third useless blue in a row. RNG is fun.