• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, we've been playing for too long.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Ragnarok was #1?
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Rags had a really cheap power for 2 ap  that you could spam constantly. He was overpowered. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Geez, Wolverine X-force was ranked below 2* Cap...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first incarnation of Xforce was bad.
    Really bad.
    Worse than Banner.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    How things change.  I've only been playing for about a year and for what it's worth I remember the node against Ragnarok in the prologue to be quite challenging...of course that was back when my biggest milestone was finally beating that node with a level 40 Yelena and two level 20 Muscle.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I remember all of that too well! Be it the re-heal when you levelled up, or environmental tiles. I was quite stupid at the start, as I didn’t really ‘get’ that you needed all characters, and sold Loki a few times as I didn’t like that version of him! I managed to cover Ragnarok after he was nerfed from his ridiculously priced abilities (and he only have 2 skills!).

Man, those were the days. Ha.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before my time, but fascinating to see. It just looks so basic. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never got to experience the pre-nerf Ragnarok, but I do remember getting enough covers for the overpowered old incarnation that was CMags.
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    This marvelous game deserve to be on Steam and deserve to have good UI  >:)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hang on, a time existed when you could have more than 5 covers in an ability?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    DFiPL said:
    Hang on, a time existed when you could have more than 5 covers in an ability?
    Apparently we had to gain covers to level up a character. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/238020/#Comment_238020
    That was definitely not a thing I ever remember being the case on Steam. Wild.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Actually, there was one thing, that people asked about long ago (and sometimes now). Why we have 13 covers to max instead of logic choice of 15? Cause of hp, or later, cp spending, cause all chars will be too OP, cause of dozens of covers in cache to swap abilities if you need? Of course it was all fixed with championing, but I always thought that was a strange decision. If you changing the whole system, why not have all abilities full potential? But now we kind of have used to it, so who gives a ....
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the above list:

28. Yelena Belova
    29. Bag Man

The more things change...the more things stay the same.

OJSP said:
    Actually, there was one thing, that people asked about long ago (and sometimes now). Why we have 13 covers to max instead of logic choice of 15? Cause of hp, or later, cp spending, cause all chars will be too OP, cause of dozens of covers in cache to swap abilities if you need? Of course it was all fixed with championing, but I always thought that was a strange decision. If you changing the whole system, why not have all abilities full potential? But now we kind of have used to it, so who gives a ....
    I think it was explained before, but I can’t find it yet: It’s to create a situation where players had to choose a build for a character. Some characters are quite versatile, so without the champion system people were building duplicates of them with different specs. For example: 3/5/5 and 5/3/5 Daken, 5/5/3 OBW and 3/5/5 OBW, 5/5/1 IM40, 5/5/2 IM40 and a few other old characters.
    When you could still true-heal with Black Widow's blue, I had two of her maxed out with different specs.  One was 5/5/3, and one was 3/5/5.  Go into one of the Prologue matches you'd already finished up, true heal the guys that just got back to being healthy, and then bring them back into play.  That's likely why the got rid of a) true healing and b) redoing nodes in the Prologue you'd already finished.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    When you could still true-heal with Black Widow's blue, I had two of her maxed out with different specs.  One was 5/5/3, and one was 3/5/5.  Go into one of the Prologue matches you'd already finished up, true heal the guys that just got back to being healthy, and then bring them back into play.  That's likely why the got rid of a) true healing and b) redoing nodes in the Prologue you'd already finished.
    Oh yeah. Devs were punching true healers for all those years. I think every game deserve some little abuses that sometimes helps player.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    If I remember correctly the ap boosts cost a relatively small amount of iso and you could boost three of a color. Which meant you boosted red and green with the Rags 3*widow combo.
    Made one red match for six red ap-turn one
    Turn two use Rags 2Ap red three times which spammed the board with green.
    Cascades would set you up for a massive sniper rifle or close to it.
    I could finish a match in less than a minute.
    Which was how you place in no shield no time slice pvp.
    If you could get more hits in versus getting hit in the last 30 minutes you would place.Winning scores would be 650-800.

There was always a 1200 progression award that was nearly impossible to get in PvP during those early days. it took shields for it to be attainable reliably.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    If I remember correctly the ap boosts cost a relatively small amount of iso and you could boost three of a color. Which meant you boosted red and green with the Rags 3*widow combo.
    You did need the fifth Thunderclap cover for the 2AP cost though. And it generated five greens per 2 red.... I never fulled covered him before the nerf. 

The boost of which they speak:- 

And if anyone is wondering why you didn't just stack loads of stockpile and fire off all powers first turn. Older boosts don't stack:- 

Although you can mix them with newer ones if you want to, for weirdly high damage percents or maybe a 5 AP head start. Good to know. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Oh I remember the environmental tiles, but cant remember how they worked... just know i didnt liked the change, till i joined a real alliance.. :-)

who would like to help freshen my memory?

also, when was this list made? Date, or days ago so people can compare to their resupply day.. 
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Bring back universal events!