I'm a Steam player and I'm leaving

2»

Comments

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    This is so terrible. The way Steam users were treated like an afterthought, the lack of proper communication.

It definitely detracts from my enjoyment and I will not renew my VIP or buy any of these packs again whilst this is the norm. I might take the plunge and just step out altogether since 5* play is just the same thing over and over.
  • CenturyChild
    CenturyChild Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I understand why Steam users aren't happy- it's a lame thing to have to go through, and yeah, better communication from the devs would have helped at least somewhat.

But at the end of the day I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to continue pouring resources into the steam version when it's not worth it to them due to the smaller playerbase. As a player that probably sucks but there's a bigger picture here.

Idk, maybe that's just me being a mobile user and being indifferent since it doesn't effect me. I guess I don't blame you for leaving but I also feel like switching to mobile is a viable option for most of the steam playerbase. 
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Mobile users don't understand just how bad the new interface is, especially compared to the old one. Only a part of the game has the new interface, so we're constantly having to switch back and forth. Especially if you're on a widescreen monitor, that's really annoying. The old character screen had all of the leveling, powers, etc on one easy to see screen... now I have to do mouse-aerobics just to access basic information.

If you're going to change the UI, fine, change it. At least make it consistent. Make all of it the mobile UI or none of it. I can't adjust my screen size for the mobile UI, because I'd have to adjust it back to actually play the game. So on the roster screen I go from a full-screen shot to a shot that suddenly doesn't even take up a third of the screen right in the middle when I click a cover. Before I could click a few times to go back-back-back to get out of things (e.g. character->roster->missions), now my back buttons move around on me so if I'm in a character screen and hit click back-back... it sends me back to the roster screen, but now there's no back button there any more it's another character that I just opened. If you're on mobile think of it as having to swipe two screens over every time you wanted to go back.