How to make the most of Meh Hulk

Options
2»

Comments

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would Shuri like to try that team out but I have not been lucky enough to cover her.  Mr Fantastic is an interesting choice with his stun and switch ability to help speed up Hulks powers.  The more I play him though the less I can decide which power to minimize you need his green at 5 to maximize its matches, Pink I usually keep maxed because it is so powerful, but his yellow maxed is crazy as well.  The more I play the more I am leaning towards 5/3/5, I know it sounds crazy but green and yellow are better utility powers and the only good pink generator is a 3star which is always risky in pvp or in some high level nodes, there are 3 decent yellow batteries in 4 land.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the team I just posted, I put MEH at 3/5/5 because with Mr.F and Shuri together, you have great board and AP control and Hulk’s green at 5 jeopardizes it. Also, once you get 5 fortified tiles on the field, Hulks powerbomb drops to needing 11 purple. Setting powerbomb off then turns from being improbable to possible. And with Reed’s Flexibility, it becomes very possible.

Shuri + Reed are fantastic duo. There’s quite a few third characters that make beautiful symmetry with them. MEH, 5* DD, hobofist, Wasp, Gladiator Hulk, are just a few of the best ones.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,193 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Shuri + Reed are fantastic duo. There’s quite a few third characters that make beautiful symmetry with them. MEH, 5* DD, hobofist, Wasp, Gladiator Hulk, are just a few of the best ones.
    Quick aside: Shuri, Big Bro Panther, and Green Goblin.  That is a ridiculously fun team.  I like to play DDQ with them to see how many fortified tiles I can get on the board... 

The more I play the more I am leaning towards 5/3/5, I know it sounds crazy but green and yellow are better utility powers and the only good pink generator is a 3star which is always risky in pvp or in some high level nodes, there are 3 decent yellow batteries in 4 land.
    5 in green should be only if you're running America with your team.  She's one of the few that benefits from a rainbow of AP.  Two swaps just randomizes your turn too much to be reliable.  Even if you ran Mockingbird for free powers, you'd leave green at 3 to maximize a free purple or yellow firing.

Weirdly though, the "optimum" build per the game itself is 5/4/4 I think.  

Actually, if MeH is boosted you can lower purple because the damage output is really overkill unless you're going against 5*... if at normal levels, you should leave it at 5.  
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just finished him as well looking forward to using him and testing out all the ideas I have had I like to see he is starting to get more use on paper I though he looked good.  I really think he will work very well with Agent Venom and an AP generator but we will see :smile:
    Not sure if Agent Venom is that great with MeH.  It's a lot of AP juggling to make sure his black doesn't take AP away from yellow and purple.  Also, it depends on how averse you are to Agent Venom turning into Venom and self damaging (sure it's not a lot of damage, but then you can't fire your black until he regains control).

Also, if you are adding an AP gatherer, I think you'd be better off running with America.  I don't have her fully covered, but she benefits from high AP.  Or Bobbi would work too to make use of her passive.  
    It did not work quite as well as I hoped but when it worked it was fun.  You have to slot AV with 3 black covers so you get into his destruction mode asap once that gets rolling they get a lot of cascade damage between the two of them (that is the point of these two cascade AV is only being used a tile destroyer) but it was a too slow to be effective.  An obvious partner is SW and she worked very well his pink hits like a truck and anything to accelerate that is great.  His yellow is also solid and C&D look like an obvious match.  Frankly I like all his powers, they are a little expensive but he is a lot of fun.
    You could also pair Switch with C4rol so she can pop Switch's countdown early for more purple acceleration. I ran those two with Nightcrawler when he was boosted in the Simulator last time and they worked very well. 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have been running him with Switch for obvious reasons.  I am really looking to find people who mesh with his yellow and green (that is why I thought AV would be good).  I am going to try him at 5/3/5 tonight and pair him with Kingpin or Sandman and see how well they accelerate his yellow.  I am leaning more towards Sandman because that will give me a good outlet for any green I pick up, but Kingpin is a more dependable yellow battery.  MEHulk is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters he is not a game changer but he is a lot of fun to play.
  • 0Mr_Green0
    0Mr_Green0 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How about making his green be triggered off after being stuned or airborne?
    That would make it much more effective
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shuri/Main Event go really well together. Even beyond the previously mentioned Crowd Goes Wild synergy, if you have Grand Entrance up so it is swapping 2 pairs of tiles, and Shuri has a bunch of fortifieds out, you start doing all kinds of good bonus damage. If you run them with P4nther, you can double dip with his defend tile bonus damage, and he is super spammy with foritified tile production which makes it not really an issue for Shuri. I'd probably run that MEHulk at 5/5/3

For an alternate third, you could try:

Peggy: Her Yellow AP tax stacks with Shuris, and since it's passive right from the start, it can make sure that everybody is going to be slow to get rolling (lot of color overlap on this team, but maybe not an issue)

4* Lord: His AP discount power stacks with Shuri, so you can further reduce the cost of Main Event's powers after somebody fires off a power
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    MEHulk, Medusa, and Hawkguy are my favorite team to use against Ultron goons, Symbiote goons, Carnage...basically any tile spammers. You should run Hawkguy at 3/5/5 and MEH at 5/5/3. Hawkguy and Medusa will generate AP with haste so you're firing blue arrows every turn-and-a-half and littering the battlefield with gamma bombs. Don't worry about Hawkguy taking damage because he has a true heal which also generates more enemy specials to keep the AP train rolling and Medusa is keeping everyone in good health.