Temporary Heroes for Hire Vaults (3/15/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

In lieu of the usual Heroes for Hire bundles, we will be presenting the next three characters' Hero for Hire bundles as Vaults instead. These Vaults will contain the same contents (with the addition of 300 Iso-8) for the same price. They will run during the Deadpool Daily times where the character is available in a Crash of the Titans mission.

You can find the details below:

Characters
  • Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy): 3/16 10:00 AM EDT to 3/19 6:00 AM EDT
  • Kate Bishop (Hawkeye): 3/19 6:00 AM EDT to 3/24 6:00 AM EDT
  • Iron Man (Hulkbuster) - 3/25 6:00 AM EDT to 3/29 6:00 AM EDT
Vault Details - 20 items
  • First cover of the current Crash of the Titans character
  • 3 Command Points
  • 8 Elite tokens
  • 4 2,500 Iso-8
  • 6 50 Iso-8

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a typo.

it says 6x 50 ISO-8
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Interesting, will they be able to be reset? If so, will the cover color change? Is the cover color random to begin with?
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Oh, and one more question - since I am assuming that these will use some form of "HFH" token - will unused tokens be able to be used on the next HFH vault, or are they only usable for the vault in play at the time you buy them?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I don't think these'll have earnable tokens.  Just a little limited vault like they use all the time.

At worst, it's the same deal in a package people are more familiar with buying.  At best, it'd be a variable price for a subset of the same offer, if partial pulls are available.  Very nice for people who don't view stuff like the ISO as being as valuable, and want to gamble a bit.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting.  So initially it's a vault where all you can buy is a 20-pack, i.e. everything.  I wonder where this is leading.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Daiches To my knowledge, that is not a typo. There will in fact be 6x 50 Iso-8 in the vault

@animaniactoo The vault will not be able to be reset. There will also not be any daily deals available. It is a 20x pack option that costs 3600 Hero Points
  • Daiches
    Brigby said:
    @Daiches To my knowledge, that is not a typo. There will in fact be 6x 50 Iso-8 in the vault

@animaniactoo The vault will not be able to be reset. There will also not be any daily deals available. It is a 20x pack option that costs 3600 Hero Points
    Why is it a vault, when the point of offering it as a vault isn't there? It's just a different way of displaying the offer.
    It takes away the potential sting of paying 100HP for 50 ISO though.
    But really, why is this a vault again?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course this happens with Kate.. why do you guys hate her?
  • Daiches
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    Brigby said:
    Daiches To my knowledge, that is not a typo. There will in fact be 6x 50 Iso-8 in the vault

animaniactoo The vault will not be able to be reset. There will also not be any daily deals available. It is a 20x pack option that costs 3600 Hero Points
    Why is it a vault, when the point of offering it as a vault isn't there? It's just a different way of displaying the offer.
    The team had discovered an issue with some of the recent/upcoming Heroes for Hire bundles, so this was an alternate method to provide the same content at the same price, while they fixed the issue. 
    Fine by me. They were quick on the ball with the free SpiderGwen.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Will there still be individual special h4h offers for 4*s with 12 covers meeting special conditions?
    Is this a real thing?  I’ve never seen it happen and I’ve currently got a 5/5/1 Iceman and a level 218 Mystique favorited.  I’d love for a H2H offer to appear instead of spending 120 CP, but I’m not sure how it works.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Ezrius said:
    Will there still be individual special h4h offers for 4*s with 12 covers meeting special conditions?
    Is this a real thing?  I’ve never seen it happen and I’ve currently got a 5/5/1 Iceman and a level 218 Mystique favorited.  I’d love for a H2H offer to appear instead of spending 120 CP, but I’m not sure how it works.

The way it usually worked was if you had 12 covers and at least one on the vine, at some point before that cover ran out they'd offer you a H4H for the 13th cover that would last 3 days from the first time you got the offer. I actually just got one for my 12 cover Carnage (which is how I discovered the error with the current H4H store).
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Interesting.  Once I get that 12th cover I’ll try setting him as my favorite and see how it goes.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love an answer to this.  Those deals are the only ones I really purchase.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    Brigby said:
    Daiches To my knowledge, that is not a typo. There will in fact be 6x 50 Iso-8 in the vault

animaniactoo The vault will not be able to be reset. There will also not be any daily deals available. It is a 20x pack option that costs 3600 Hero Points
    The team had discovered an issue with some of the recent/upcoming Heroes for Hire bundles, so this was an alternate method to provide the same content at the same price, while they fixed the issue. 

Interesting again.  My Wolveroach account bought one of the special H4H deals earlier this week when I had a 4* dying on the vine, and I'm pretty gosh darn sure that my HP total wasn't decreased, so it cost me nothing.  We can't have that happening.
  • modok47
    modok47 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    That sucks , I kind of liked buying the specific covers instead of a 20x of random events each time. 
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    The special 13th cover deal doesn't always happen, but I've used it a few times.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    That deal is how i was able to champ Rogue with 3 covers on the vine. As well as champ Kate Bishop last week. It's a lifesaver.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have asked about the special “Save a cover” HfH many times in the past.  It has never been acknowledged as a function of the store.  It seems that it is, for some reason, verboten for devs to discuss it.

A theory I have is that it fills an “Easter Egg” function for the community to share inside information with each other.