4* pvp

2»

Comments

• ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    grunth13 said:
    I'm all for this, let's make this happen.  This way all the snipers in s4 will have a harder time hitting me and taking away all my points while I try to build points for my friends :smiley:  They are such meanies :disappointed:
    Honestly, 4* PvP, especially with the current boost will allow more players to punch above their weight. You’re already constrained to using Gambit (and probably Thor) to be competitive at a high level. The 3* is the 3rd wheel and rarely affects the outcome of the match. But if I can have my max champed Riri around as a 3rd? That opens up play options considerably. 
    But think of the speed I could generate with an active blue, black a yellow user that doesn't need 21 ap to do anything.  I could really generate points for my friends before the snipers get me.
    True enough. That’s always the goal right?
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    ZeroKarma said:
    grunth13 said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    grunth13 said:
    I'm all for this, let's make this happen.  This way all the snipers in s4 will have a harder time hitting me and taking away all my points while I try to build points for my friends :smiley:  They are such meanies :disappointed:
    Honestly, 4* PvP, especially with the current boost will allow more players to punch above their weight. You’re already constrained to using Gambit (and probably Thor) to be competitive at a high level. The 3* is the 3rd wheel and rarely affects the outcome of the match. But if I can have my max champed Riri around as a 3rd? That opens up play options considerably. 
    But think of the speed I could generate with an active blue, black a yellow user that doesn't need 21 ap to do anything.  I could really generate points for my friends before the snipers get me.
    True enough. That’s always the goal right?
    Creating points for friends?  Of course...love coordination in pvp :smile: Just dislike the snipers :disappointed:
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today in Bizarroworld..
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    What about 4* pvp running concurrently with 3* pvp. Make the 4* pvp gated by shield rank and a shield rank that would likely have the 4*s to play. At the same time don't lock anyone out of 3* pvp. Make the 4* pvp have better rewards.

Maybe this causes some of the high scorers in pvp to spread out or shift their play and make it easier for others to place in 3* pvp.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    There should be a 4* PVP and a 3* PVP running side by side for each event, with players having the option to opt in to one or the other of them at the beginning of the match...I agree that 3* PVP is stale.  I have a fairly well developed 4* roster now and it sucks having to bring in a mostly useless character into each PVP match.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with 4* PVP I will ask and answer these simple questions.
    will 4* PVP allow 4* players to punch above their weight class (beat 5* teams)? No match damage alone will continue to set 5* above 4*
    will 4* PVP ge more people to play PVP? Probably not more than they already do. People who play PVP competitively will continue to do so.  Those without the 4* will probably score less points and those who have the 4* levels might score a little more.  Overall a push.
    will 4* PVP be more fun for me personally? Yes as a 5* player my 3* does little to nothing so adding a 4* would be useful.
    will 4* PVP fix what is wrong with PVP currently? No the reason why is players who have strong 4* rosters will now be one ended up in MMR to more 5* players because of the level of their roster.  Suddenly you will be running 4* close to 450 average level facing some big 5* teams.  
    lastly what would the experience be like for 3* players?  Horrible.  3* players now using loaner 4* will score even less points and become disengaged from PvP even more.

i think the progression and. Placement rewards needs to be revamped befor implementing 4* PVP becomes a staple.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    What about 4* pvp and 3* pvp simultaneously and then locking 5*s out of 3* pvp. Also allowing players to play both events.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    How about new variants for pvp, like armor wars or secret wars or something?  PVP doesn't have to always be based around one featured character.  I liked the Valentines Deadpool thing.  Frankly it's gotten pretty stale to where I don't even feel like playing pvp.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Daiches said:
    Today in Bizarroworld..
    Was that oriented to me?  If so, that hurt my feelings :disappointed:  Isn't there a rule in the forums to not hurt my feelings?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y’know, looking at my roster, it strikes me that one reason the 3* PVP remains may be so that high level players feel pressure to double roster and champ 3’s.  (It may not really matter, but it feels like it does, to have max champ 3’s for PVP.). More roster slots, iso pressure, etc.

*removes tinfoil hat
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    What about 4* pvp and 3* pvp simultaneously and then locking 5*s out of 3* pvp. Also allowing players to play both events.
    I doubt they want more events running concurrently.