Worth ripping JJ tokens?

2»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damn, so I guess getting JJ with my lone Alias token was extremely fortunate :)
    Posted odds would make it around 1:21 so pretty good, but not exactly extremely. I've had that luck twice now with both GRRR & SL  
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    I also could use some advice. I'm pretty far along in 4* land - most champed except last 7-8 releases. 
    Highest 5* are OML and IM with 12 covers. OML levelled to 360, all others unlevelled. 
    Have been saving CP to move to 5* land. 
    I have 1100 cp and play mostly pve and sim for pvp. 

So, do I start pulling for a JJ cover for PvE? Or keep hoarding?
    Gobby is 1/5/1 and BP is 4/0/1.

TIA.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would pull just to get one to unlock the node. But then stop, because  you don't have enough to get her substantially levelled without a lot of luck.

That's just me. 
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I I wanted to get a jj, got her at pull #10, got BP at Pull 3 and GP at pull 8.  Back to hording
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    M1Lance said:
    If you are very early in 4* land then those CP will be way better spent on classic legendary tokens. Don't start worrying about hoarding until you have a good 50-75% of 4*s champed 
    To @M1Lance and anyone else for that matter :)

I now have 22 3*s champed, all in roster but 2 (Mys and Psy).  It sounds like hoarding isn't something I need to focus on right now.  I'm kinda getting itchy to pull as I now have 17 LTs and 572 CP (well, as soon as I finish PVE today).

However, since I hit JJ...  do I wait until she's in the LL tokens at this point?

As for CP, just pull classics?  Again, wait til JJ is in....

I'll be selling some 2* farms soon, got several in that 138-142 range.  I'll have 2k HP by tomorrow, so 2 more spots.  So I figured I would pull until I hit 2 brand new 4*/5*, roster them, then hold off until I get another spot.  And basically just pull and roster as I have space.  That way, I am not letting any 4*s die.  I've sold some 4* in past and don't want to do that anymore.  Now that my 3* roster is basically there, I can start rostering the 4*s.

Thanks all!

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would get Mystique and Psylocke rostered, then hoard hp until you can afford another spot or two and then you can start slowly pulling from latest legends. You may also want to try to keep hp on hand so you can roster new characters when they get released.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    M1Lance said:
    If you are very early in 4* land then those CP will be way better spent on classic legendary tokens. Don't start worrying about hoarding until you have a good 50-75% of 4*s champed 
    To @M1Lance and anyone else for that matter :)

I now have 22 3*s champed, all in roster but 2 (Mys and Psy).  It sounds like hoarding isn't something I need to focus on right now.  I'm kinda getting itchy to pull as I now have 17 LTs and 572 CP (well, as soon as I finish PVE today).

However, since I hit JJ...  do I wait until she's in the LL tokens at this point?

As for CP, just pull classics?  Again, wait til JJ is in....

I'll be selling some 2* farms soon, got several in that 138-142 range.  I'll have 2k HP by tomorrow, so 2 more spots.  So I figured I would pull until I hit 2 brand new 4*/5*, roster them, then hold off until I get another spot.  And basically just pull and roster as I have space.  That way, I am not letting any 4*s die.  I've sold some 4* in past and don't want to do that anymore.  Now that my 3* roster is basically there, I can start rostering the 4*s.

Thanks all!

I wouldn’t pay 5 CP extra for Latests trying to build Jessica. I would pull from Classics, work on your 4*s and getting a breadth of 5s so you can play more essential nodes. Having 5 different 5* at one cover will do way more for you competitively and resource-wise than a 5 cover Jessica. At this stage of your game a bigger pool of fives is not only cheaper, but more worth it. 
  • randomhero1090
    @shardwick Yup, makes sense.  Had both Mys and Psy but had to let them go because I hit Vulture and only had spot for 1.  That was right at the time when Vulture was needed for a PVE and Ultron.  So now I have a 6 cover Vulture :)   But yes, that makes perfect sense to me.

@Daredevil217 And yes, that makes sense.  Starting to see that even having a 1 cover 5* that gets boosted has HUGE upside, as well as the ability to play level 7 PVE and earn 4* cards.  I was able to hit max progression in PVE level 7 with 3* strange, IM40, KK. 

I will be up to 18 LL tokens shortly.  So does it make sense to wait for JJ to be in the LL before opening any LL tokens?

The good news is the token gods were nice to me over the weekend.  I now have Red Hulk, Iceman, Howard the Duck, Sam Wilson CA, Mordo and Sandman all sitting in my rewards.  And none were from tokens.
  • Daredevil217
    I think it would make sense to wait since there's no way you make significant progress on Thor before he's gone.  Were you able to roster all those 4*?  If not, I would just keep hoarding.

I'm in a funny place where I've been hoarding all of my Herocis (currently 104 singles and 3 ten packs) and Elites (currently 457) because I can't afford to rechamp my dupe 3s that are at and/or approaching 266 (with fully covered dupes waiting) while also trying to save all the 4* covers on my vine.  Just not enough iso.

I've also started hoarding CP (2307) and LL (20) trying to get to the coveted 300 pulls, or as close to it as I can, before Jessica leaves.

So standard tokens... that's all I've got for my token fix, lol.  That and the occasional 3 event tokens for PVP.
  • randomhero1090
    @Daredevil217

HOLY!!!!!!!!!!  That's a lot of tokens.  But I get it.  Don't open them if you don't have room.  I had no idea I would hit as many 4* as I did from Heroics/Elites.  Couple were even bonuses from Standard pulls.

Yeah, after my post I got lucky so now I need to roster.  Which will put pulling on the backburner some more.  Which really isn't an issue.  I wanted to see if I got lucky and beefed up my Vulture or Gam4ra.  But it will have to wait.
  • randomhero1090
    So i'm a sucker for a good offer.  Bought this $20 HP bundle because it gets me to almost 10 additional spots.  Rostered ALL my pending 4* and pulled a couple classic tokens just to "stratch the itch."  Mockingbird, Jean Grey, Carnage and 5* Thanos.  Not bad :)

Has MB and JG, Carn and 5* Thanos are new to me.
  • randomhero1090
    So i'm a sucker for a good offer.  Bought this $20 HP bundle because it gets me to almost 10 additional spots.  Rostered ALL my pending 4* and pulled a couple classic tokens just to "stratch the itch."  Mockingbird, Jean Grey, Carnage and 5* Thanos.  Not bad :)

Has MB and JG, Carn and 5* Thanos are new to me.
    Shouldn't have broke the seal....  Pulled more lol....

Peggy, 4* Star-Lord, and 5* Hulk Bruce Banner :)

OK, now i'm done!
  • Daredevil217
    randomhero1090

I'm super happy for you that the sale dropped when it did.  I was thinking, I know my advice was to hoard, and it still is, but I would think about busting your hoard right in that sweet spot after Jessica enters but before the season ends (so two weeks?).  I know you are thinking about 5 stars and while ambitious, your goal should really be to focus on 4s.  One in particular... Vulture.  He's arguably the best 4 in the tier (only other candidate is Danvers).  He is set to rotate out next season and you want as many shots at him as you can before he goes to classics.  Set him as your bonus and hope you get 5 Black!
  • randomhero1090
    @Daredevil217

Thanks man!

Interesting...  So basically once JJ enters, pull.  Makes sense to me.  By that time I will have champed/sold several 2* farms, won more HP, should have even more room.  I should be back over 500 CP and probably 20 LTs by that point.

Excited to see the 5*...  but yeah, a Vulture or Gam4 would go much further right now.  I have a 3/1/2 Vulture and a 3/4/2 Gam4ra.  I actually hit 3 bonus Gam4ras the other day...  but you are saying set Vulture to the bonus instead.  I have a 189 IM40 who is pretty nasty, so I went with getting the Gam4ra up for the stuns/knocks.
  • Daredevil217
    @Daredevil217

Thanks man!

Interesting...  So basically once JJ enters, pull.  Makes sense to me.  By that time I will have champed/sold several 2* farms, won more HP, should have even more room.  I should be back over 500 CP and probably 20 LTs by that point.

Excited to see the 5*...  but yeah, a Vulture or Gam4 would go much further right now.  I have a 3/1/2 Vulture and a 3/4/2 Gam4ra.  I actually hit 3 bonus Gam4ras the other day...  but you are saying set Vulture to the bonus instead.  I have a 189 IM40 who is pretty nasty, so I went with getting the Gam4ra up for the stuns/knocks.
    Gamora is not a bad play honestly as she has good Red/Blue to use with your IM40.  But unless you champ her (or level her high), there might be better Blue/Red users in the 3* tier.  The beauty of Vulture is his utility even at low levels since he's a great battery in the vein of IM40 (I think Vulture is actually better).  With levels his Green AOE is devastating.  He will also save you packs.  Unleveled your 3s will tank for him and overleveled you can just keep him airborne.  Iron Fist could keep him soaring forever.  Then you'd just need a good Blue/Green outlet.  His own Blue is great at destroying tiles (including countdowns) AND getting the AP for them.  It's a great feeling destroying the opponents Recharge and getting the AP to fuel your own, lol.
  • randomhero1090
    edited March 2018
    @Daredevil217

Ok you sold me :smiley:

Thank you.  Really appreciate the insight.  I'll let you know how it goes when JJ hits the LL tokens!

You know...  JJ has got to be the perfect tank for Vulture.  Just Sayin'!
  • randomhero1090
    @Daredevil217

With JJ now in LTs and Vulture still in there, opened like 15 total over the last couple of days.  Hit like 4x Gam4ra and 2x Vulture.  Gam is up to 3/5/3 and Vulture 3/3/3.  Like having both with at least 3 of each cover.  Starting to add some levels to them.

Vulture is now my bonus.  I am NOT in the position to champ Gam.  Love to get some more black/green on Vulture.
  • Daredevil217
    @Daredevil217

With JJ now in LTs and Vulture still in there, opened like 15 total over the last couple of days.  Hit like 4x Gam4ra and 2x Vulture.  Gam is up to 3/5/3 and Vulture 3/3/3.  Like having both with at least 3 of each cover.  Starting to add some levels to them.

Vulture is now my bonus.  I am NOT in the position to champ Gam.  Love to get some more black/green on Vulture.
    Out of curiosity, hit on any 5s? And congrats on your 4s!
  • randomhero1090
    edited March 2018
    @Daredevil217

Out of curiosity, hit on any 5s? And congrats on your 4s!

@Daredevil217

I did, but let me clarify.  I opened both Legend and Classic tokens to the tune of about 15 total.  I think 9 Legend and 6 classic.  Keeping my CP above 400 for now.

I didn't hit any 5* in the Legend but I did hit Hawkeye CB and The Hulk BB in the Classic.

I got a Legend token from the Deadpool today, which was nice.  Champed 3* Gambit.  So I opened 2 more Legends and hit another red JJ :)

Sitting on 10 LTs and 454 CP.  I have 6 new 4* to roster, but only 3 spots at the moment.  Might end up burning 1 but not gonna fret.  Boosting up my Vulture and Gam4ra was worth it.  Really helping in the PVP.  JJ tanking for a boosted Gam4ra is really, REALLY nice.