Worth ripping JJ tokens?

randomhero1090
randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
Im pretty deep in 3* land but very early 4.  Got 430 CP stocked.  Happened to pull JJ with my Alias token.

Is it worth opening Alias tokens to see if I can build up JJ?

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    17 pulls...  forget about it, you might get 2 more covers IF you're lucky.

Covering a 5* requires 100's of pulls.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolutely not. You have 17 pulls.

Odds of a 5 are 1:7.

So you are looking at likely getting two 5s with no guarantees of pulling another Jessica.

With really great luck you could get two more Jessica’s and maybe a Panther.

A three cover Jessica will do nothing for your roster. You got the one cover you need for essential nodes. That’s all you need at this point. 

Keep on hoading. Conventional wisdom says you need 300 pulls or 7500 CP to really complete a 5* before they leave Latests. Your best bet is to keep hoarding until a new 5 is introduced. Pull from your hoard until you get a single cover for essentials, and continue to hoard until you get closer to that number.

The 4* tier is WAY better anyway!

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened 33 tokens before I got a single Jessica cover. I did get two Panther covers on the way.
    So yeah, wait until she is in Latest Legends before chasing her at least.
  • randomhero1090
    Well that settles that!!!

Thanks all!
  • M1Lance
    M1Lance Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    If you are very early in 4* land then those CP will be way better spent on classic legendary tokens. Don't start worrying about hoarding until you have a good 50-75% of 4*s champed 
  • randomhero1090
    50-70%?  Ok, I’ll talk to you in 2 years :)

Having some fun.  But I get it.  It’s great perspective.  Thank you!
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I was blessed by rngesus, I got like 8 Jessica and 4 other 5*'s in like 60 pulls.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    But I am in 5* land so I blew my cp hoard.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I opened ~50 tokens which gave me 
    4 goblin
    2 panther 
    4 JJ 
    This was exceptionally good luck,  but event still she's nowhere near usable I'll have around 100 pulls when she enters latest but I'm only expecting to get her to ~10 covers with that .
    Keep hoarding you have lots of time to cover her 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would have said it might be worth it to pull until you got one, just to open up 5* required nodes in PvE. But since you already grabbed one, no. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean you're still in 3* land so it just wouldn't make sense because that cp needs to go towards getting your 4*s covered. If you want JJ that bad then just hoard your latest legendaries until she goes into tokens, make her your bonus hero, and then go nuts. But set your cp aside for your 4*s. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened around 60 JJ tokens and got:
    3 JJ
    2 BP
    2 GG

That should give you and idea. 

Plus at your level early in 4* you’re probably better off focusing on 4*. Try to get a least one for each 5* for the required nodes but other than that either pull from classics or hoard for your eventual jump to 5* (probably one and then the other)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I totally should have been opening JJ tokens while that store was running ... but ... ummm ... I forgot to.

JJ will come along eventually out of latests (Right, RNGesus, riiiiiiiiiight???), but Gobby could have used that boosted chance of some champ levels!

You have over a day left, whatcha talking about?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

I pulled 44 Event tokens, I got:

1 BP

1 JJ

I'm actually pretty livid, this is ludicrous. I was really hoping for some Goblin, I only have him at six covers, and JJ is one of my favorite characters.  The RNG has not been kind to me over the weekend...

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:

1 BP

1 JJ

I'm actually pretty livid, this is ludicrous. I was really hoping for some Goblin, I only have him at six covers, and JJ is one of my favorite characters.  The RNG has not been kind to me over the weekend...

Ditto.  I pulled at least 40 tokens and got 2 Goblins and 0 JJ or Panther.  Very disappointed with the event tokens.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled the Alias tokens until I got 3x 5BP and gave up. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:

1 BP

1 JJ

On my first set pull I pulled 34 tokens. I got a 5* followed by 29 4*s then got 3* 5*s in a row plus a 5* BH. 

RNG is weird...
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Certainly was for me! I decided I would pull till I got JJ for essential node purposes. Took 325 CP but I also pulled a usable Panther and Goblin along the way, as well as a DD from a Kingpin champ level, and 2 LTs from other random 4* champs. Best. Day. Ever.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    GrimSkald said:

1 BP

1 JJ

On my first set pull I pulled 34 tokens. I got a 5* followed by 29 4*s then got 3* 5*s in a row plus a 5* BH. 

RNG is weird...

Yeah, I track my pulls so I'm actually still ahead of average by 4, but man I would have liked some JJ and GG. :(

All in all I'm up to 50 pulls in a row without a 5*.

• randomhero1090
    Damn, so I guess getting JJ with my lone Alias token was extremely fortunate :)