Who else is worthy of the title BOSS?

purplemur
purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
With these becoming more frequent, and the constant need for new content, invariably we will see new Bosses with new twists. Whom do you believe could/would/should be featured in a Boss Event? What kind of Mechanics? Whats your favorite Boss event?

I think Kang would be super fun, especially if you could do something with all the in game variants and having req'd/loaner nodes to create a time narrative.

Magneto on that juice has pretty much kicked er'bodys kitteh a time or two. Now that disney owns fox maybe we'll get a 5* Fassbender.

If he ain't gonna be the first 6* then: God Emperor DOOM!

Comments

• MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Onslaught and Mastermold come to mind 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    God Doom should be the top answer, but some others that spring to mind.

As much as I loathe the idea of another X-Men theme boss, Dark Phoenix would make perfect sense.

Dormammu or Mephisto for a more supernatural flavor and/or Halloween event.

Surtur to capitalize on Thor Ragnarok as well show how big of a threat he should be.

Annihilus based around Annihilation. It was even called the Annihilation Wave, it's just asking for wave nodes to a boss fight. Also, put Richard Rider in the game, please.

And The Beyonder, because why not?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:

Ah, wait, you meant...never mind.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Beyonder. But he needs to be in all his 80s glory.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Onslaught is cool, but I think Legion would make one hell of a boss.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bruce Springsteen or Andy Samberg.

More seriously, a Thor: Ragnarok thing progressing from Surtr to a souped up MEHulk to Hela could be pretty cool. If done right, the Thor vs Celestials thing would be better, tho.

Actually, the Hulk turned up to 11 would probably be pretty good, too. Not sure of any particular arc to base it on, but given that his raw power level is canonically capable of scaling more or less infinitely, it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a scenario that requires basically everyone else to join together and try to stop him.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Maestro 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:

Annihilus based around Annihilation. It was even called the Annihilation Wave, it's just asking for wave nodes to a boss fight. Also, put Richard Rider in the game, please.

And The Beyonder, because why not?
    They have already tried waves in a boss mode and it was terrible, so hopefully that doesn't happen again anytime soon.  :)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mangog.

If what I fear is going to happen happens, I need revenge.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sasha Banks
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    broll said:
    Jarvind said:

Ah, wait, you meant...never mind.

someone called for The Boss?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bruce Springsteen or Andy Samberg.

More seriously, a Thor: Ragnarok thing progressing from Surtr to a souped up MEHulk to Hela could be pretty cool. If done right, the Thor vs Celestials thing would be better, tho.

Actually, the Hulk turned up to 11 would probably be pretty good, too. Not sure of any particular arc to base it on, but given that his raw power level is canonically capable of scaling more or less infinitely, it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a scenario that requires basically everyone else to join together and try to stop him.
    Wait, you mean they finally give us a worthy Hulk and then we have to fight AGAINST him??!?!?
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    the wife
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y'know I was just re-reading Infinity Gauntlet and a thought occured to me. Nebula gets hold of the gauntlet in the comic book for a bit. I've no idea what will happen in the film but she could actually be a viable alternative to Thanos as a boss.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the team/collaboration concept for boss battles, ala Sinister Six.  With X-men back in the fold, the Brotherhood, Hellfire Club, and Reavers are all possible now.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:
    With X-men back in the fold, the Brotherhood, Hellfire Club, and Reavers are all possible now.
    The X-Men never left the fold, but it'll be a while before Disney wants to cross-promote anything as it'll be at least another year before the Fox movie properties fall under the Mouse's umbrella.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Kang comes to mind. But they can do something fun with Arcade or Mojo for future X-Men releases.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Dormammu said:
    The Beyonder. But he needs to be in all his 80s glory.

Hello? Is it me you're looking for? 
  • Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Only logical choice would be a Boss Fight vs. the Nextwave version of Devil Dinosaur, smoking jacket & all:

Bonus points for a wave battle against his most diabolical of minions, the Elvis-impersonator MODOKs.